HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:08 PM
Joined Dec 2007
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
I guess you haven't heard of market niches. 6DOF is a popular format, heck 3DOF is incredibly popular. Multiwii is for advanced users, the KK2 is for newer to intermediate users. I wouldn't say for noobs as the PI settings are too much for noobs to absorb straight away. Even the concept of ESC calibrating has resulted in a wall of forums posts for support.
I was flying the hex with a Eagle N6V2 and didn't like it at all and put on a KK board and when I saw this thing bought it and never did an esc calibration thru the board as they were all ready calibrated via the rx, but your right it did creat a wall of posts,started it up and lifted off and realize that the gain was too high so landed and took it down and tried agian still too high landed and cranked it right down 35 and15 and tried it and it flew fine. Still have the origional firmware and haven't bothered to flash it. See no real need to. I have no interest in a Naza with gps at the price they're asking for it. And at my age I really have no interest in learning a programming language to work with a MultiWii or anything but flying.
Rotorhead0207 is offline Find More Posts by Rotorhead0207
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:25 PM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined May 2012
163 Posts
I opted to short M1 and M2-8' (already connected) power and then re-mix M1 to M8.
Bhuwan is offline Find More Posts by Bhuwan
Old Sep 06, 2012, 10:12 PM
...just an earth bound misfit
Joined Mar 2010
660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhuwan View Post
Thanks, but dumb question, if I M1 and M8 were changed, I assume you'd need to plug something into M1 to power the board -- correct?
Alternatively, power can go into a spare receiver channel and onward to the KK board via the control inputs. This is how my SBEC is rigged and it works fine.
Dirt-Torpedo is offline Find More Posts by Dirt-Torpedo
Old Sep 06, 2012, 10:37 PM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined May 2012
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt-Torpedo View Post
Alternatively, power can go into a spare receiver channel and onward to the KK board via the control inputs. This is how my SBEC is rigged and it works fine.
Thanks
Bhuwan is offline Find More Posts by Bhuwan
Old Sep 07, 2012, 02:10 AM
Osijek, Croatia
Joined Oct 2010
151 Posts
Hello everybody,
I have problem with self leveling, when I switch self level on, my quad bends forward and left, and I have huge problem calming it down with sticks.
Flies great without self level.
I have calibrated sensors on flat surface, and updated firmware to V1.2, have tried trimming on KK board and on transmitter, it works a little better after trimming with transmitter (or on board), but when I land , disarm, and arm again, it doesn't fly again even with those trims, again bends forward-left. Self level gains are on default values.I have tried with higher values and had same result.
gcok is online now Find More Posts by gcok
Old Sep 07, 2012, 02:14 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcok View Post
Hello everybody,
I have problem with self leveling, when I switch self level on, my quad bends forward and left, and I have huge problem calming it down with sticks.
I have calibrated sensors on flat surface, and updated firmware to V1.2, have tried trimming on KK board and on transmitter, it works a little better after trimming with transmitter (or on board), but when I land , disarm, and arm again, it doesn't fly again even with those trims, again bends forward-left. Self level gains are on default values.I have tried with higher values and had same result.
Calibrate it with something under the legs of the corners it's tipping towards to lift them up a bit and see if that helps. Check for vibrations too.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:57 AM
Osijek, Croatia
Joined Oct 2010
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
Calibrate it with something under the legs of the corners it's tipping towards to lift them up a bit and see if that helps. Check for vibrations too.
I have tried that allso, same result as with trims.
gcok is online now Find More Posts by gcok
Old Sep 07, 2012, 05:05 AM
Joined Sep 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Hello everybody,
Perhaps you can try this, but it seems that it might be dangerous when taking off with self level on.
kjetilsn is offline Find More Posts by kjetilsn
Old Sep 07, 2012, 05:31 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Hello everybody,
If the quad is not level once the calibration of sensor is done ... it will not really work fine the autolevel.

Either you try to make this right (mine calibrate exactly with X and Y accelerometer sensing the same value, and with Z the highest possible .. this indicate that the board is level on the quad frame)

Or you can use the Self-Leveling Setting menu ... and put some value different then zero to ACC Trim Roll / ACC Trim Pitch

Also notice ... that if your CG, is not the same as the center of motors ... this autolevel may never work right ...

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Sep 07, 2012, 05:35 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjetilsn View Post
Perhaps you can try this, but it seems that it might be dangerous when taking off with self level on.
Unless Colton did improve "his" mod .... better don't use it.

Mr. KK has designed this more advanced AutoLevel (Colton just activate a comment out part of code) ... and he confirm it is not in the original firmware, since it has a "bug" ... so ... is not a matter or take off .... it is a matter that Yaw input in AutoLevel On, in some quad attitude can get unexpected result that could lead to a crash ...

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Sep 07, 2012, 06:02 AM
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,406 Posts
My KK2.0 crashed from 30 foot, was suddenly not controllable anymore and came down fast , 3 broken arms and all props
glad i used the Delrin Protection Case so KK2.0 board was intact.
But what caused it? , receiver indicated it had no signal lost ( spektrum 6115 indicates this, red led flashing)
BTW autolevel was on!
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies
Last edited by jaccies; Sep 07, 2012 at 06:08 AM.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 07:12 AM
Hulk likes flying things
United States, IN, Kokomo
Joined May 2008
621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies View Post
My KK2.0 crashed from 30 foot, was suddenly not controllable anymore and came down fast , 3 broken arms and all props
glad i used the Delrin Protection Case so KK2.0 board was intact.
But what caused it? , receiver indicated it had no signal lost ( spektrum 6115 indicates this, red led flashing)
BTW autolevel was on!
What flight movements were you doing? Was this a reaction to a wild flight envelope or were you just hovering and it fell from the sky?
I had a moment yesterday, that I accidentally turned off the arm switch(multiwii) on my quad. An inadvertent bump. Could this have happened?
Phalanx-0 is offline Find More Posts by Phalanx-0
Old Sep 07, 2012, 07:45 AM
Joined Jul 2012
161 Posts
Can be a bad solder after a small crash.
I had a crash like you last week and after inspection, it was a bad solder due to a small crash in the morning.
I bought a good iron solder and i verify all my connections.
Now it works good
ziggy95 is offline Find More Posts by ziggy95
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:22 AM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,162 Posts
Quote:
Hello everybody,
I have the same problem. The only difference is that mine flew fine with self leveling for at least 10 flights, then it just started the forward and left like yours. It used to takeoff fine with self level enabled, now it just tries to flip itself over. Enabling self level while hovering causes it to head straight for the ground. Still flies fine with self level disabled, so that's how I'm using it for now.
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:24 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
I have tried that allso, same result as with trims.
Trims wont work they dont effect the accelerometer only the calibrate does.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie