HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:07 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkamm View Post
Thanks for your help. Since I only want to use this with one input (aileron) and one output (aileron servo) and I don't really want to have to learn about flashing software and everything (!), can I simply connect the power from the bec to both M1 and M2? Then the servo can be plugged in to, say, M3? Or will connecting M1 and M2 together (just pos and neg for power) damage the board?

Thanks again!
Ke
The KK2.0 board is designed for get your full RX signal ... so throttle, yaw, pitch ... so even if you want to handle one servo, you better give all signals to the KK2.0 .. else how can the KK2.0 know which attitude should follow your bird

Then you select the correct aeroplane type ... like 1S aileron, 2S aileron or wing ... but mainly you will need to check the mixer editor, for make sense to have all the servos properly tuned for your bird.

And please ... you may live fine with connect the ESC to both servos and M1 for power the KK2.0 board ... but ... remember 1 single power issue, or interference, and your KK2.0 will get a reset in the air .... and you will need to be very fast to arm the board while this is going to happen ... so ... by the time you may guess a reset did happen, I guess your bird is already crashed on the ground ... so ... use a bec or a battery pack for power the servo

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: Actually ... if you need to control only 1 aileron ... why bother to get a KK board ... a head holding gyro would have been enough

pps: The KK 2.0 with stock Firmware 1.0 has been reported to have noise on the servo signal ... never tested .... but Mr. KK did made a patch for it ... so ... I think you can't get away nicely without a reflash
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:11 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38 View Post
Can you power LEDs from the extra motor output pins? If not, what are other strategies for powering LEDs?
Yes, you can power a led via the motor output ... but the question is why ?
There is already 1 led on the board ... and also a buzzer that you can also use for power a led ...

Still you will need to hack your own firmware for it ...
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:19 PM
Joined Mar 2010
22 Posts
Hi All!
A little off-topic here, but anybody knows what's going on with http://www.kkmulticopter.com/ site? It's not working for a week already...
andrejsstrumfs is offline Find More Posts by andrejsstrumfs
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:23 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microdave View Post
Thanks Barfy. At least I can eliminate the location as a problem. I will look at something else.
I would move board to the CoG position as that is the best place for it.
Depending on what issues you are having, (it would be handy to tell us), this may just fix them.

My Tri flies fine using CW and CCW at front and CCW at rear,
they do not have to all rotate the same way as on the motor layout screen (which would produce torque all one way in any case).

Del
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:30 PM
Joined Sep 2012
6 Posts
KK2 with DLUX

Hello.

Experience from KK2 + Turnigy DLUX?

I have problem calibrating ESC, because DLUX have a auto-throttle-range-calibration. They won´t calibrate even I made the calibration procedure exactly right. So what I can do?

Thanks and Help is welcome.
Suomineiti is offline Find More Posts by Suomineiti
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:54 PM
elk
Joined May 2001
65 Posts
Yes. Most of the stability might be me. It wants to go to right and down. Hardly any control in yaw. The yaw control makes me think maybe the board location.
microdave is offline Find More Posts by microdave
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:56 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suomineiti View Post
Hello.

Experience from KK2 + Turnigy DLUX?

I have problem calibrating ESC, because DLUX have a auto-throttle-range-calibration. They won´t calibrate even I made the calibration procedure exactly right. So what I can do?

Thanks and Help is welcome.
Plug them into the throttle channel of the receive and calibrate them one at a time.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Sep 04, 2012, 04:01 PM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,411 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something. I have connected a wire for low voltage alarm. Battery voltage is shown on lcd. But when I reach 11volts or 12volts...there is no sound from buzzer. But buzzer works when I arm teh board or connect board to lipo or when I'm browsing menu.

Thank for answer.
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Sep 04, 2012, 04:03 PM
elk
Joined May 2001
65 Posts
I would move board to the CoG position as that is the best place for it.
Depending on what issues you are having, (it would be handy to tell us), this may just fix them.

My Tri flies fine using CW and CCW at front and CCW at rear,
they do not have to all rotate the same way as on the motor layout screen (which would produce torque all one way in any case).

My props are going the way the motor layout indicates. I will run them the same as you.
microdave is offline Find More Posts by microdave
Old Sep 04, 2012, 04:04 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Can you power LEDs from the extra motor output pins? If not, what are other strategies for powering LEDs?
What voltage do the LEDs require?

None of the motor output pins are powered. The M1 pins are where you are expected to supply 5v power to the KK2 board from a BEC, the M2-M8 voltage pins are all joined together, but do not get power from the board. So you will have to get power for the LEDs from somewhere other than the motor pins. Perhaps power them from the battery distribution point that feeds the ESCs.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 04:12 PM
Joined Dec 2010
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Yes, you can power a led via the motor output ... but the question is why ?
There is already 1 led on the board ... and also a buzzer that you can also use for power a led ...

Still you will need to hack your own firmware for it ...
They are LED strips that I want to mount to the arms for night flying and help with orientation.
huskerwr38 is offline Find More Posts by huskerwr38
Old Sep 04, 2012, 04:14 PM
Joined Dec 2010
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
What voltage do the LEDs require?

None of the motor output pins are powered. The M1 pins are where you are expected to supply 5v power to the KK2 board from a BEC, the M2-M8 voltage pins are all joined together, but do not get power from the board. So you will have to get power for the LEDs from somewhere other than the motor pins. Perhaps power them from the battery distribution point that feeds the ESCs.
They require 12 volts, so I may just have to power them from a different source.
huskerwr38 is offline Find More Posts by huskerwr38
Old Sep 04, 2012, 04:42 PM
...just an earth bound misfit
Joined Mar 2010
654 Posts
Dirt-Torpedo is offline Find More Posts by Dirt-Torpedo
Last edited by Dirt-Torpedo; Sep 04, 2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 04:44 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
2,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNJO View Post
Edit: Just tried it out. It looks like you will need to connect the throttle input as, in my case, the outputs stop when the throttle is at min.
Could be fun landings with that "feature". You might also need a rudder input, but I did not test that.
I've not tried KK's original aeroplane support but had heard of this problem before.
Thanks for confirming it. That must be legacy code from the multicopter functionality, where disabling everything at throttle zero is not unusual.
But for an aeroplane? I think it's a bug.
The board has no need for a throttle input as you normally just connect that straight to your ESC.
HappySundays is offline Find More Posts by HappySundays
Old Sep 04, 2012, 04:48 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
They require 12 volts, so I may just have to power them from a different source.
You need to connect them to a 3S battery pack.