Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:26 AM
Crash or unscheduled landing?
Joined Dec 2011
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinchu View Post
Yea, I'll swap it out tomorrow evening and see if that does the trick. Last ditch effort ya know. Good call for the motor, I'll post it up tomorrow and let y'all know.
or swap "bad" motor to another position to see if the problem stops or reverses.
ffinybryn is offline Find More Posts by ffinybryn
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:35 AM
Hochiminh City
Joined Mar 2004
547 Posts
Hi,
I just want to ask if we have the config of Gimbal only for this KK2 board. I love to used it as Gimbal control board. Thanks
caotri is offline Find More Posts by caotri
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:44 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
I wish this board had one
If you need a magnetometer, then buy a board with one, there countless varieties.The people that buy the KK2 board don't need a magnetometer, just like they don't need a GPS, or they would have bought a board with one in the first place.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:56 AM
Joined Jul 2012
23 Posts
Hej, I had a strange problem that I thinkshould be shared.

Me and my friend was putting two 450mm quads togeather with KK2 and Simonk ESCs.
We both have RCExplorer Tricopters with KK2s and they fly fantastic with Plush ESCs.
First thing I did was to flash both our bords to V1.2
My bord was stock 1.0 and my friends was already 1.1
Assembly, balansing,calibration etc. Time to fly!

I was however confused with the quad as I could not increase the P gain higher than 30 befure I got bad ocilations. My friend with a identical build could easy go above 150...

Time for some head scratching... Rebalance the props, remount the board, check all settings but no differance.

So finaly I decided to reflash (LazyZero) the board. And just like that the quad fly absolutly FANTASTIC!

I do not understand why this helped but it did.
Maybe this will help someone else.

Thanks for all your fantastic work, KK, LazyZero, SimonK!
Tengil is offline Find More Posts by Tengil
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:09 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengil View Post
Hej, I had a strange problem that I thinkshould be shared.

Me and my friend was putting two 450mm quads togeather with KK2 and Simonk ESCs.
We both have RCExplorer Tricopters with KK2s and they fly fantastic with Plush ESCs.
First thing I did was to flash both our bords to V1.2
My bord was stock 1.0 and my friends was already 1.1
Assembly, balansing,calibration etc. Time to fly!

I was however confused with the quad as I could not increase the P gain higher than 30 befure I got bad ocilations. My friend with a identical build could easy go above 150...

Time for some head scratching... Rebalance the props, remount the board, check all settings but no differance.

So finaly I decided to reflash (LazyZero) the board. And just like that the quad fly absolutly FANTASTIC!

I do not understand why this helped but it did.
Maybe this will help someone else.

Thanks for all your fantastic work, KK, LazyZero, SimonK!
The main improvement from 1.0 to 1.1 is the servo handling ... and 1.0 was already reported to don't work very well on a tri-copter.

1.2 it is only a bug fix of 1.1 about the calibration procedure ... so nothing added about stability functionality.

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:28 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer291113 View Post
Okay, thank you Rotorhead.

I'm using an ER9X and was thinking of increasing the tension a little bit, maybe that might help????
It will. I have done that and it works.
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:40 AM
Australia, NSW, Caringbah
Joined Aug 2012
5 Posts
Hi Chris
Just changed the I gain on the yaw, didn't make any difference, unfortunately I don't have another board, might buy another one and see how that goes, in the mean time might reflash the firm ware and see what happens.

Thank you very much for your time, if I ever work out the problem I will post it up.
Thanks
Fordy
Fordy1980 is offline Find More Posts by Fordy1980
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:42 AM
Tokol, Hungary, EU
Joined Oct 2010
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
I guess nobody care to have a stable quad in ground effect situation ...
I do care. This is always also part of my tests.
If the quad is stable in ground proximity it won't do sudden strange things in the air during hard maneuvers.
This is also a good point to check whether one has vibration problems.
If the quad oscillates just above the ground but it flies smooth 1m higher there is still too much vibration reaching the FC.
icah is offline Find More Posts by icah
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:51 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icah View Post
If the quad is stable in ground proximity it won't do sudden strange things in the air during hard maneuvers.
If the quad oscillates just above the ground but it flies smooth 1m higher there is still too much vibration reaching the FC.
Ok ... good points ... a bit in the direction of be ultra perfectionist ... but ... yes good points.

The airflow in some quad could have a mayor alteration in the ground effect ... it depends how "tall" are mounted the propellers ...

I have a old HK V1 framework, the one made of wood, designed with camera mount ... and this has almost no ground effect ...

Tchuss

e_lm_70
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:59 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,432 Posts
Quote:
I you have flashed esc's with simonk fw-there is no ground effect.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:10 AM
Tokol, Hungary, EU
Joined Oct 2010
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by er9xuser View Post
I you have flashed esc's with simonk fw-there is no ground effect.
Sir, yes, sir! I have

But besides the escs, it depends on the frame, the props, how "tall" are they mounted and the PID settings, even the battery mount position.
I am having almost no GE, similarly to e_lm_70 but with this frame, and I tell you it was not easy to set it up, I have made a lot of tests.
As you know the Q450 has quite a long bottom plate and it does not really help fighting the turbulences.
icah is offline Find More Posts by icah
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:18 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,432 Posts
Quote:
Sir, yes, sir! I have

But besides the escs, it depends on the frame, the props, how "tall" are they mounted and the PID settings, even the battery mount position.
I am having almost no GE, similarly to e_lm_70 but with this frame, and I tell you it was not easy to set it up, I have made a lot of tests.
As you know the Q450 has quite a long bottom plate and it does not really help fighting the turbulences.
Correct.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:21 AM
KISS
Joined Oct 2009
1,195 Posts
When can we expect self-leveling with accelerometers, not just gyros?
hefest is offline Find More Posts by hefest
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:21 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefest View Post
When can we expect self-leveling with accelerometers, not just gyros?
It is there already ... since 1.0
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:24 AM
KISS
Joined Oct 2009
1,195 Posts
Im on the brink of ditching these RCTimer 2820/14 motors together with the adapters and props. Seems to me i can't find adapters machined well enough to reduce the vibration. Even the adapters that are screwed directly to the motor bell are too tall multiplying vibrations. Are there any cheaper motors than DJI with similar mounting mechanism? The ones that have propellers close to the motor itself?
hefest is offline Find More Posts by hefest