SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 04, 2012, 02:25 PM
If it ain't broke, fix it.
USA, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2004
1,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akcopter View Post
Hey Rolf please hurry with the Ahrs Algorithm version of the firmware for the kk 2.0..please tell us the present status of this code till now ...as i am waiting with baited breath for that....As I am trying to benchmark the stability of this board with the others in my arsenal....so far the board has performed reasonably well in terms of facilitating the noob in me to fly multicopters even with a simple 4 channel radio.... as the board has on board expo...etc.etc.and I am happy with all this but in terms of stability the board should have broken new ground which it has not..comparing this hardware with the multiwii platform..which uses the arduino mini as the main controller which runs at 16MHZ and has the same or similar atmega 8 bit MCU(The no. of pins and the eeprom size is different obviously..anyway the processing power is the same) provides way better stability than the kk2 even though..the kk2 has a 20MHZ osc.. i.e more processing juice.. and i think the only thing which is lagging to provide a rock stable multirotor platform is the code,,so please tell us the status and when do you plan to release it and this thread is really getting cluttered with a lot of off topic discussions so please stick to the topic guys
Wow. Based on your demanding tone, I'd never be even remotely interested in doing you any favors.

Grow up.
Hasher66 is offline Find More Posts by Hasher66
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2012, 02:32 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Apr 2011
385 Posts
Yeah, the KK2 isn't supposed to be a revolution to the multirotor world, just an evolution of the KK board. Its meant to be affordable, easy to set up, and fly even better than the old KK. For $30 you get a great product.

Kaptain Kuk is improving the firmware on his own time for no profit... to which we should all be greatful and patient. Thank you KK!!!
fallingdown is offline Find More Posts by fallingdown
Old Jul 04, 2012, 02:48 PM
If it ain't broke, fix it.
USA, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2004
1,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingdown View Post
Yeah, the KK2 isn't supposed to be a revolution to the multirotor world, just an evolution of the KK board. Its meant to be affordable, easy to set up, and fly even better than the old KK. For $30 you get a great product.

Kaptain Kuk is improving the firmware on his own time for no profit... to which we should all be greatful and patient. Thank you KK!!!
Hear, hear!

People need to remember that this is a hobby and that the KK2 is not a $1,000+ DJI Wookong. It's a $30 board and it has some nice features. It also flies really well as a replacement for my $20 HK KK v3.0 board.

I'm happy.
Hasher66 is offline Find More Posts by Hasher66
Old Jul 04, 2012, 03:18 PM
It's a job...
United States, PA, Warrington
Joined May 2012
1,238 Posts
KK2 Google Map

Show it if ya got it!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1684893

Thanks Kaptain!!

Was sitting on the fence & this board (w/ an LCD) pushed me right off the fence head first into the world of multi-rotors. Can't wait to build em, fly em & inevitability crash em.
747Pilot is offline Find More Posts by 747Pilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Taranis Frsky Telemetry &...
Old Jul 04, 2012, 03:26 PM
Joined Apr 2012
3,903 Posts
Actually there is also profit involved(royalties)........but doesn't matter .The board is well worth the money as it is.And the demanding tone is not acceptable in any circumstances.

Quote:

midelic is online now Find More Posts by midelic
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DIY Multiprotocol TX Module
Old Jul 04, 2012, 03:26 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,491 Posts
Well said!!!! it is a great board for 30.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasher66 View Post
Hear, hear!

People need to remember that this is a hobby and that the KK2 is not a $1,000+ DJI Wookong. It's a $30 board and it has some nice features. It also flies really well as a replacement for my $20 HK KK v3.0 board.

I'm happy.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Jul 04, 2012, 04:28 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Apr 2011
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic View Post
Actually there is also profit involved(royalties)........but doesn't matter .The board is well worth the money as it is.And the demanding tone is not acceptable in any circumstances.
The royalties he gets is from board sales. Not from creating new firmware... Unless that kk flashing program has been siphoning money from my bank account...
fallingdown is offline Find More Posts by fallingdown
Old Jul 04, 2012, 07:25 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:

It is kind of a revolution, in as much as one of the most popular 6DOF boards is the Crius Lite running MultiWii which cost another $10-12. The KK2 is probably a better option than the Crius Lite, I have both and the KK2 is easier to use.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Jul 04, 2012, 07:59 PM
making crashing a lifestyle!
The Netherlands, UT, Soest
Joined Feb 2012
1,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
Here are a few builds I did with the KK2 Boards . I am still adjusting the PID's for each and i need to clean up the wires etc.... but all in all they fly very well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5UJRA490Fs&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIoQy...ature=youtu.be
very nice and stable..
did you fly in stable mode?

would you share your pids and stable settings?

my KK2 flies great without autostab, but becomes uncontrollable with auto stab on..
dutchcommando is offline Find More Posts by dutchcommando
Old Jul 04, 2012, 09:11 PM
The Drones are Coming!!!
New York, NY
Joined Feb 2010
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastislavko View Post
I just hope there will be somebody able to rewrite the Evil Assembly into Friendly C :-)
This is what makes the board STABLE .Assembly! Might be a language for warlocks, but I think this is still one of the most stable and simple boards out there bar none!

I build one back in the day of hacking Gyro's, and since then have tried about 6 others.....I keep coming back to the KK board, as it flies so great!
cyborgcnc is offline Find More Posts by cyborgcnc
Old Jul 04, 2012, 09:14 PM
The Drones are Coming!!!
New York, NY
Joined Feb 2010
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
It is kind of a revolution, in as much as one of the most popular 6DOF boards is the Crius Lite running MultiWii which cost another $10-12. The KK2 is probably a better option than the Crius Lite, I have both and the KK2 is easier to use.
Exactly! I have a crius in my Y-6, and I am struggling to make it fly as stable as the KK board.....it works, but the KK board is just SO simple and stable!
cyborgcnc is offline Find More Posts by cyborgcnc
Old Jul 04, 2012, 10:48 PM
Swinger. Heli and planks!
United States, OR, Foster
Joined Mar 2007
945 Posts
Looks like yet another shipment arrived.
BennettOZ84 is offline Find More Posts by BennettOZ84
Old Jul 05, 2012, 12:12 AM
Joined Oct 2004
836 Posts
I accidently adjusted the contrast such that I cannot read the screen now.
Does anyone know how to do a "master reset" to default values?
I looked thru the manual and didn't see anything.
Alternatively, could someone provide the series of button pushes it would require to get back to the "contrast" screen blind?
rob10000 is offline Find More Posts by rob10000
Old Jul 05, 2012, 12:42 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborgcnc View Post
This is what makes the board STABLE .Assembly! Might be a language for warlocks, but I think this is still one of the most stable and simple boards out there bar none!

I build one back in the day of hacking Gyro's, and since then have tried about 6 others.....I keep coming back to the KK board, as it flies so great!
lol def not the most stable. on the cheap form factor possibly

i like it for its functions and i was done with any KK stuff till this board came about so i hope it doesn't break my heart yet again.
Percalotor - Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Percalotor - Quad_Addict
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 05, 2012, 03:04 AM
Joined May 2009
435 Posts
Sorry if this one have been asked before, how is KK2 compare to i86 ?
pinguin is offline Find More Posts by pinguin