HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 02, 2012, 04:40 PM
Joined Feb 2012
788 Posts
I recently installed my KK2 board in a Y6 and gave it a try. Flying in gyro only mode it worked fine at first but as the flight went on it seems to lose yaw control. On the first flight after about 6 minutes the Y6 began spinning in the air as if gyro yaw gains were reversed. A few hours later I tried again and the same thing happened after 7 minutes of flight. Both times it was a flat spin as if the yaw gain was reversed. Any ideas? This is with the stock FW.
epyonxero is offline Find More Posts by epyonxero
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2012, 04:42 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
This are default for 1.0 firmware

Latest firmware has different default value

Tchuss

E_lm_70
If you would read that's what he was asking for
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Sep 02, 2012, 04:49 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
Default PI values for original firmware are at the end of the manual, at least the one I downloaded anyway.

Default PI editor settings
Roll/Pitch Axis:
Pgain = 150
Plimit = 100
Igain = 50
Ilimit = 20
Yaw Axis:
Pgain = 150
Plimit = 20
Igain = 50
Ilimit = 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
If you would read that's what he was asking for
There is not a single question mark in the post
It is not a reply .. so it has no context this post

I just stated these are valid only for 1.0 firmware ... so I did said nothing wrong

So ... what is your point? What is your aim?

Just fight nonesense like somebody else above?

Edit ... ok 4 post above in the middle of the post somebody was asking default setting for original firmware
Ok ... I miss it, since the post was not a reply with quote ... guess is an understandable minor mistake, still my post was not wrong anyhow ... maybe a bit useless ...
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Last edited by e_lm_70; Sep 02, 2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 04:54 PM
Custom quad builder
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skewp View Post
Since V1.2 has only ESC calibration update compared to V1,1 they are basically the same.

I am more than 100% sure that self level function was not on. I even did not have AUX cable installed and even if self level was on, there should still be yaw movement. As far as I know, only right stick (on mode 2) is assosiated with self-level. There should be no changes to throttle/rudder stick. Could someone tell me the default values of PI in stock version? Is it possible, that V1.2 octocopter + config has programming defects?
Read
Old Sep 02, 2012, 04:58 PM
Joined Dec 2007
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epyonxero View Post
I recently installed my KK2 board in a Y6 and gave it a try. Flying in gyro only mode it worked fine at first but as the flight went on it seems to lose yaw control. On the first flight after about 6 minutes the Y6 began spinning in the air as if gyro yaw gains were reversed. A few hours later I tried again and the same thing happened after 7 minutes of flight. Both times it was a flat spin as if the yaw gain was reversed. Any ideas? This is with the stock FW.
this sounds like a gyro going bad as it warms up. For a trial after about 3 minutes land disarm and rearm the board and see it it flies past the 6-8 minute mark with out this happening again, if it's fine then I'd contact HK and tell them that the board has a defective component. Some gyro's change after warming up and thats what this sounds like.
Edit: a thought just occured to me does it sound like one of the motors speeds up when this happens as Y6's turn by motor torque and if a motor or ESC was going bad it's possible that is contributing to the yawing, the other motor would speed up to keep it level but that would cause the yawing.
Rotorhead0207 is offline Find More Posts by Rotorhead0207
Last edited by Rotorhead0207; Sep 02, 2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 05:13 PM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epyonxero View Post
If you are not using flashed esc's, is it possible that one or more of your 6 ecs's is going into low voltage cut or power reduction as the battery runs down? Might pay to check the programme settings on each esc??
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Sep 02, 2012, 05:36 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
There is not a single question mark in the post
It is not a reply .. so it has no context this post

I just stated these are valid only for 1.0 firmware ... so I did said nothing wrong

So ... what is your point? What is your aim?

Just fight nonesense like somebody else above?

Edit ... ok 4 post above in the middle of the post somebody was asking default setting for original firmware
Ok ... I miss it, since the post was not a reply with quote ... guess is an understandable minor mistake, still my post was not wrong anyhow ... maybe a bit useless ...
I was answering a Question which was two posts above my answer and the post immediately above answer was from the questioner in any case, with an answer about the previous post discussing his problem.

Very simple to comprehend if you read the whole thread of the posts.

By the way pot calling the kettle black mean anything.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Sep 02, 2012, 05:45 PM
Hulk likes flying things
United States, IN, Kokomo
Joined May 2008
613 Posts
Quote:
I was answering a Question which was two posts above my answer and the post immediately above answer was from the questioner in any case, with an answer about the previous post discussing his problem.

... nevermind. Someone needs a sense of humor!
Phalanx-0 is offline Find More Posts by Phalanx-0
Last edited by Phalanx-0; Sep 04, 2012 at 06:17 AM.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 06:03 PM
Joined Feb 2012
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead0207 View Post
this sounds like a gyro going bad as it warms up. For a trial after about 3 minutes land disarm and rearm the board and see it it flies past the 6-8 minute mark with out this happening again, if it's fine then I'd contact HK and tell them that the board has a defective component. Some gyro's change after warming up and thats what this sounds like.
Edit: a thought just occured to me does it sound like one of the motors speeds up when this happens as Y6's turn by motor torque and if a motor or ESC was going bad it's possible that is contributing to the yawing, the other motor would speed up to keep it level but that would cause the yawing.
The second time I was doing PID tuning so there were frequent landings and disarming to adjust the gains, it was about 90 F outside so heat could be a factor. I couldnt tell if a motor sped up but thats an interesting idea. Ill try sitting the Y6 outside in the sun for a while to let the board heat up before flying and see if it happens quicker. Ill also try letting the motors spin on the ground to warm up and then fly to see if that is the culprit. Unfortunately I have to wait for some parts to arrive before I can try it.
epyonxero is offline Find More Posts by epyonxero
Old Sep 02, 2012, 07:37 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,601 Posts
Quote:

Best to just ignore him. He can't bloody read. He's accusing me of replying to a post about something like "quad going crazy" except this was only mentioned by the pesron asking the question AFTER I replied to him. His original question was asking if folks had experienced problems with auto level. No specifications as to what the problems are were given at that point in time. And now he's doing the same to you. Always have to explain everything to him like if it's a bloody reading class and then he'll accuse you of arguing for the sake of arguing in the end. Not worth it, mate.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:18 PM
Heli and E-Plane
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Nov 2010
939 Posts
Well I think I ironed out the throttle problem by flashing the ESCs. Thank you for the help guys!
Before flashing the ESCs I tried two batteries for increased weight and played with the height dampening but neither really helped.

Two questions:

1. Is there anything I need to change in Config.h for flashed ESCs?

2. Is the ESC Calibration suppose to work with flashed ESCs? I couldn't get it to work now???

Thanks! - Fred
jer291113 is offline Find More Posts by jer291113
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:24 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer291113 View Post
Well I think I ironed out the throttle problem by flashing the ESCs. Thank you for the help guys!
Before flashing the ESCs I tried two batteries for increased weight and played with the height dampening but neither really helped.

Two questions:

2. Is the ESC Calibration suppose to work with flashed ESCs? I couldn't get it to work now???

Thanks! - Fred
There is no config.h this is not MultiWii.

The ESC calibration is essentially a passthough from the RX throttle channel, to all the ESCs at once to save you plugging and unplugging leads, it's up to the ESCs if they support calibration.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:47 PM
Heli and E-Plane
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Nov 2010
939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
There is no config.h this is not MultiWii.

The ESC calibration is essentially a passthough from the RX throttle channel, to all the ESCs at once to save you plugging and unplugging leads, it's up to the ESCs if they support calibration.
1. Well DUH!!!

2. This is the first time I've flashed an ESC with SimonK s/w so I wasn't sure if the KK2 calibrate function is suppose to work, it did before I flashed them.

Thanks Erknie for your reply!

Fred
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:52 PM
Custom quad builder
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer291113 View Post

Two questions:

Thanks! - Fred
They will work all I use is flashed esc's
Old Sep 02, 2012, 09:26 PM
Heli and E-Plane
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Nov 2010
939 Posts
Okay got the escs calibrated, I was unhooking one motor wire on each motor, the calibration wouldn't work so I left the wires hooked up and they calibrated...fyi.