HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:48 AM
Joined Jul 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skewp View Post
I was using "Octocopter + config" stock settings, I made no changes. After updating to V1.2 and using the "Octocopter + config" stock settings I get almost no yaw right response somehow.
this has happened to me a few times using quad x mode, i found that you had to have your transmitter on before you power your board up otherwise it comes up with no yaw input on the safe screen
yanto32 is offline Find More Posts by yanto32
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:49 AM
In progress...
Estonia, Tartu County, Tartu
Joined Jul 2012
215 Posts
My transmitter is always ON before connecting battery to my copter. Tried factory reset, problem still stands.
Skewp is offline Find More Posts by Skewp
Old Sep 02, 2012, 09:03 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,125 Posts
Quote:
My transmitter is always ON before connecting battery to my copter. Tried factory reset, problem still stands.
Did you unplug the ESCs from the board when you flashed the new firmware? Perhaps you have the the ESCs not connected back to the same place? Just thinking out loud, here.

Recently, user Partzee updated the firmware on his Xcopter and after flashing, his quad did not fly well. I suggested that he flash it again just to be sure and it fixed it for him. Apparently, something did not flash right the first time even though avrude appeared to have successfully flashed the new firmware.

So try that. I suggest disconnect everything from the KK2 board and flash it again. It might just work for you, too.

Good luck.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 02, 2012, 10:15 AM
In progress...
Joined Jul 2012
215 Posts
Yes, I unplugged everything before firmware change. All ESC's were connected as the should be, double checked before and after flight.

I'll try reflashing it. Is there a stock firmware file somewhere incase V1.2 will not work for me?
Old Sep 02, 2012, 10:56 AM
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Jan 2004
454 Posts
And you're sure you went and re-loaded the octcopter config after updating the board to 1.2? I read your post above, but it wasn't 100% clear that you did that.
pbmax is offline Find More Posts by pbmax
Old Sep 02, 2012, 10:59 AM
In progress...
Joined Jul 2012
215 Posts
Yes, I loaded Octocopter + config right after flashing it.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:10 AM
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Jan 2004
454 Posts
Hmm. Unfortunately there isn't a stock firmware available... you could try 1.1, I suppose, but that has a ESC calibration bug.

Is it possible self level mode got turned on somehow?
pbmax is offline Find More Posts by pbmax
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:17 AM
In progress...
Joined Jul 2012
215 Posts
Since V1.2 has only ESC calibration update compared to V1,1 they are basically the same.

I am more than 100% sure that self level function was not on. I even did not have AUX cable installed and even if self level was on, there should still be yaw movement. As far as I know, only right stick (on mode 2) is assosiated with self-level. There should be no changes to throttle/rudder stick. Could someone tell me the default values of PI in stock version? Is it possible, that V1.2 octocopter + config has programming defects?
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:30 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Have you tryed to reload your motor layout
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:38 AM
In progress...
Joined Jul 2012
215 Posts
Tried twice.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 03:37 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
Default PI values for original firmware are at the end of the manual, at least the one I downloaded anyway.

Default PI editor settings
Roll/Pitch Axis:
Pgain = 150
Plimit = 100
Igain = 50
Ilimit = 20
Yaw Axis:
Pgain = 150
Plimit = 20
Igain = 50
Ilimit = 10
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Sep 02, 2012, 03:53 PM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Since V1.2 has only ESC calibration update compared to V1,1 they are basically the same.

I am more than 100% sure that self level function was not on. I even did not have AUX cable installed and even if self level was on, there should still be yaw movement. As far as I know, only right stick (on mode 2) is assosiated with self-level. There should be no changes to throttle/rudder stick. Could someone tell me the default values of PI in stock version? Is it possible, that V1.2 octocopter + config has programming defects?
I think I saw that if you have self level set to trigger from the aux channel (rather than stick) but don't have a wire hooked up that it defaults to on. FWIW (while things are at the "grasping at straws" phase :-).

cheers,
Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Sep 02, 2012, 05:03 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Have you read the thread? Please read before you post. I know it's a long thread and you can't be expected to read the whole thing... But still... There are countless posts about this. The answer is YES... Many people have had issues with auto level. Things are improved with the latest firmware version and auto level trims have been added to the LCD programming options.

Best,
Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
You are one seriously annoying poster, elm, and after this reply I shall ignore your posts because it's really not worth it to have to always correct you because you can't read English.

I did not say that the auto level doesn't work. But this is what you're reading in my posts, replying to, and thus, wasting everyone's time with your gibberish.

The other person did not ask if the auto level works or not. Learn to read for crying out loud. He asked if other people had issues with it. The answer to that question is YES. In the earlier version, most people experienced a drifting that could not be corrected and sluggish stick response. KK improved the stick response and added ACC trims to the LCD interface to address these issues in a subsequent firmware release.

So NO, I did not post false information. YES, many people have had issues with the auto level function (you'd know if you were able to read...), and YES, KK did make some improvements to the auto level in the recent firmware.

I am so done with you. PFFT!

And by the way, "Disinformation" is not even a word!!!

Chris
The problem is not the English, the problem is you saying wrong stuff, and instead admit it, you try to make 'noise' ... often it means you also attack

Autolevel works fine, nobody before reported that a quad got crazy when autolevel is switch on

Also, complains about autolevel is same as general configuration, some people make something wrong in the set up, and then blame autolevel

Anyhow, you are a master of disinformation ... and a very arrogant person

Tchuss

E_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Sep 02, 2012, 05:21 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:

I dont think the issue is with autolevel
When you use 4ch only, and you set autolevel based on stick, in practice the quad will fly always , independently by the sticks, in a different way
With autolevel in stick mode, +100% elevator means to set the quad vertical, keep +50% elevator it means keep the quad at 45deg
If autolevel is controlled by aux, and is off, +100% elevator it means maximum rotation speed forward, +50% means rotation speed forward but half as before

So, in autolevel mode, it is not only to return in flat position, but as well control the angle by a fix stick position

Anyhow, yaw should bee partially independent from autolevel, and this anyhow dont explain why the problem is only in one direction

As most important check, i would enter in rx test page, and check if the reading of ch4 is correct, and left and right show same absolute value, but with a different sign (+/-)

As well ... double check all ch are properly center, changing tx and/or rx, the center position can be lkst

Kk2 does not learn the center tx/rx position at power up, but it is expected to be as hardcoded in the kk board, most probably around 1.5mSec

Tchuss

E_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Sep 02, 2012, 05:23 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
Default PI values for original firmware are at the end of the manual, at least the one I downloaded anyway.

Default PI editor settings
Roll/Pitch Axis:
Pgain = 150
Plimit = 100
Igain = 50
Ilimit = 20
Yaw Axis:
Pgain = 150
Plimit = 20
Igain = 50
Ilimit = 10

This are default for 1.0 firmware