Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:46 AM
jhi
Norway
Joined Jun 2009
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokizo View Post
yes, thanks
I don't think setting the alarm to zero is a good idea! Listen to "janekx" and set it to ab. 10.5 - 10.8V. Experiment and check voltage when KK2 is unarmed, that is a good indication how much juice is left. Voltage drop when motors are running is normal.

/Jan
jhi is online now Find More Posts by jhi
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:53 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokizo View Post
yep if i land with my quad alarm stops beeping

so what i need to do turn it off?
and set up timer on my TX
Set it to a level that makes more sense, like 10V for a 3S pack. The best voltage threshold depends on many factors, like battery and actual current draw.

Fred
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Sep 01, 2012, 11:28 AM
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Jan 2004
454 Posts
I use (for 3s packs) 10.8v on my quads and 11.1v on my tri. The less you discharge a lipoly the longer it'll last. If you're okay with slightly shorter life, then use a lower value. Personally, I wouldn't go below 10.5. At 10.8v alarm my batts are below 10% charge according to my balancing charger; that's pretty low.
pbmax is offline Find More Posts by pbmax
Old Sep 01, 2012, 01:12 PM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,162 Posts
Has anybody had their auto stable mode go crazy when switched on, but it flies fine with that mode off?
viper522 is online now Find More Posts by viper522
Old Sep 01, 2012, 01:58 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
Has anybody had their auto stable mode go crazy when switched on, but it flies fine with that mode off?

Have you read the thread? Please read before you post. I know it's a long thread and you can't be expected to read the whole thing... But still... There are countless posts about this. The answer is YES... Many people have had issues with auto level. Things are improved with the latest firmware version and auto level trims have been added to the LCD programming options.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 01, 2012, 02:06 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Have you read the thread? Please read before you post. I know it's a long thread and you can't be expected to read the whole thing... But still... There are countless posts about this. The answer is YES... Many people have had issues with auto level. Things are improved with the latest firmware version and auto level trims have been added to the LCD programming options.

Best,
Chris
Chris, thanks for replying. My issue isn't just poor auto level performance, it's that auto level worked well (enough) and then stopped working well - and by that I mean it tries to flip the craft over if I turn it on now. I must have put a dozen batteries through it in auto level "stable" mode before shelving it while I worked on my EasyStar plane.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 02:17 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,760 Posts
Quote:
Chris, thanks for replying. My issue isn't just poor auto level performance, it's that auto level worked well (enough) and then stopped working well - and by that I mean it tries to flip the craft over if I turn it on now. I must have put a dozen batteries through it in auto level "stable" mode before shelving it while I worked on my EasyStar plane.
Oh... Sounds like moisture got to your ACC to me.

Good luck!

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 01, 2012, 03:39 PM
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Jan 2004
454 Posts
Quote:
Have you tried recalibrating the sensors? Do they all read OK in sensor test?
pbmax is offline Find More Posts by pbmax
Old Sep 01, 2012, 04:06 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
Have you tried recalibrating the sensors? Do they all read OK in sensor test?
I read your post and tried recalibrating and checking sensors, all says OK. Still no good, though. The back two motors overpower it (though the fronts are spinning fast too) and it tries to flip forward every time - even if I hold it in my hand. It's pretty well balanced front to back and flies very controllable in non-level mode.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 04:24 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post

Best,
Chris
Once again you are making disinformation

Autolevel with mr. Kk firmware, with a properly working quad an kk2.0 bord, and properly calibrated it is works fine
Kk2 autolevel s not state of art, nor ultra fast, nor precise in windy situations ... but it does not cause any problem

People that reported problem did use either an experimental firmware, or had some other issue

Tchuss

E_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Sep 01, 2012, 04:27 PM
Czech Republic, South Moravian Region, Brno
Joined Aug 2012
135 Posts
Something like my problems? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1723732
janekx is online now Find More Posts by janekx
Old Sep 01, 2012, 04:29 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,909 Posts
Quote:
I read your post and tried recalibrating and checking sensors, all says OK. Still no good, though. The back two motors overpower it (though the fronts are spinning fast too) and it tries to flip forward every time - even if I hold it in my hand. It's pretty well balanced front to back and flies very controllable in non-level mode.
You may have some wrong configuration ... or some problem on the kk2.0 board

The kk2.0 board use "analogue" accelerometer, these pin with accelerometer signal are exposed on the back of the board ... check that all is clean, and no contact to some carbon or cable is on the back of the board

Look also the sensor test, and check that acc value make sense when you move the quad

Excess vibration can also conflict with the sensors ...

Tchuss

E_lm_70
Old Sep 01, 2012, 04:35 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by janekx View Post
Autolevel will not stop a quad, if there is wind ... if the quad was going forward ... and as well if the cg is not in the exact center ... in all these situation autolevel will keep level the quad but it will not hold in position

Position hold need either a camera (kds stabilization system have it) or gps

Tchuss

E_lm_70

Ps: basic of physics: acceleration is a change in the speed, accelerometer measure speed changes, not the speed
Old Sep 01, 2012, 04:39 PM
Czech Republic, South Moravian Region, Brno
Joined Aug 2012
135 Posts
CG ? there was no wind and if i undestand work of self level it should keep quad leveled by the calibrated values so have to goes up not to run on any side.
janekx is online now Find More Posts by janekx
Old Sep 01, 2012, 04:50 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by janekx View Post
CG ? there was no wind and if i undestand work of self level it should keep quad leveled by the calibrated values so have to goes up not to run on any side.
If the center of gravity is not in the center of your 4 motors ... like a battery not in position ... Keeping level the quad will induce a lateral speed

Anyhow, autolevel is not for keep the quad stuck in one place ... it is only for keep it level ... on top the kk2 algorithm is a rudimental one .. so it will autolevel slowly with some possible small inaccuracy

Like a disk on a flat ice ... it is level ... if you give a kick (excluding the instant acceleration) it will move without sense any lateral accelerations