HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2012, 02:02 PM
Yonkers, NY
Joined Jan 2009
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
If trying to do aggresive manouvres or Acro with Auto Level on you deserve what you get in my book.
I almost learned this the hard way a little while ago. I was flying earlier today I pulled hard to the right and the result was a slow bank instead of the usual fast roll. The slow response really threw me off, but luckily I had enough room to recover.

This was one of my first real flights with a newly modded Turnigy 9x w/ FrSky module, so I thought my Tx was to blame until I realized I had turned autolevel on. Oops...
pberge is offline Find More Posts by pberge
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2012, 02:37 PM
Joined Dec 2009
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
Do all the motors spin up at the same time when you increase the throttle with the KK2 in ESC calibration mode?
they do all start up together, only with a very small delay between them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead0207 View Post
lots of possibilities esc not calibrated, different motor even though is says it's the same, prop on wrong IE: upside down, wrong motor plugged into the board at the slot for it, even a bad prop. if it's trying to flip on takeoff it's usually something simple and over looked.

must have been something simple, went back through everything and it was much better, had to adjust the trims a lot , but is is now flying and ready for tuning,

thank you for the help

cheers

dan
PlutoniumDan is offline Find More Posts by PlutoniumDan
Old Aug 31, 2012, 02:43 PM
Joined Aug 2011
179 Posts
Is there a way to set some sort of low pass filter in this controller the same way you can do for the MWC and its variants? i.e. 256/128/42/20 etc - my frame transmits vibrations which causes the FC to 'jitter' which P and I adjustment do not fix.

Cheers

ice.
icedfusion is offline Find More Posts by icedfusion
Old Aug 31, 2012, 04:14 PM
Hulk likes flying things
United States, IN, Kokomo
Joined May 2008
613 Posts
There IS a lpf in the latest version 1.2. I do not know how to implement the feature. I own one but have not had the time to set it up on a frame.
Try doing a search for lpf in this thread.
Have you checked the manual? Is there an updated manual for 1.2?
Phalanx-0 is offline Find More Posts by Phalanx-0
Old Aug 31, 2012, 04:20 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2011
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx-0 View Post
There IS a lpf in the latest version 1.2. I do not know how to implement the feature. I own one but have not had the time to set it up on a frame.
Try doing a search for lpf in this thread.
Have you checked the manual? Is there an updated manual for 1.2?
I'm pretty sure the low-pass-filter is only for the tail servo in tricopter configuration
templton89 is offline Find More Posts by templton89
Old Aug 31, 2012, 04:23 PM
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Jan 2004
454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedfusion View Post
Is there a way to set some sort of low pass filter in this controller the same way you can do for the MWC and its variants? i.e. 256/128/42/20 etc - my frame transmits vibrations which causes the FC to 'jitter' which P and I adjustment do not fix.

Cheers

ice.
Yup, what templton89 said - LPF is for servos only.

Try balancing your props and motors, and mounting the board on foam (if you haven't already). That's what I had to do with my SK450 dji-like frame. The nylon arms seem to amplify vibration (just ask timecop ) so it's a lot of work to dial it all out. Even with flashed ESCs I'm still only at 80/40 P/I on that quad.
pbmax is offline Find More Posts by pbmax
Old Aug 31, 2012, 04:28 PM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,455 Posts
I have a problem. I can't hover normaly. My quad lift on his own (i have no oscilation). I have throttle around 50% for hover. But I can't. What would be a problem?

My setup:

FC: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rol_Board.html
Motors: http://www.hobby-wing.com/xxd-a2212-...or-kv1000.html
ESC: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...C_3A_UBEC.html - flashed with simonk fw
Frame: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...B_Version.html
Battery: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...3S1P_30C_.html
Props: http://flyduino.net/10x45-GF-reinfor...ler-Set-orange
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Aug 31, 2012, 04:34 PM
Hulk likes flying things
Joined May 2008
613 Posts
Calibrate your esc's and then see. I believe that you are not getting enough motor speed to raise the multi.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 05:02 PM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,455 Posts
Quote:
Calibrate your esc's and then see. I believe that you are not getting enough motor speed to raise the multi.
Did you answer to me? I have calibrated ESC. I have a lot motor speed. Myquad raise at 45% of throttle. Hover is around 50% but quad goes always up and then down....and it is not in self-level mode.

Maybe I have a problem with I-term and I-term limit.
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Aug 31, 2012, 06:00 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,116 Posts
er9xuser how much does your Quad weigh, I have read of issues where too much thrust is being produced in relation to the weight of the Quad etc.

How much does it drift up and down by as some up/down movement is normal in any case, you do not get rock solid altitude hold even with boards with Baros fitted.

Those 10X4.5 props will be producing a massive amount of thrust, may be worth trying 9X4.5 if you have some, it will give a bit more rotation speed and hence be more stable.

Or you could try adding weight.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:29 PM
Hulk likes flying things
Joined May 2008
613 Posts
It is odd that one would add weight to get it to fly better, but I understand why. The motors are spinning slowly because not much thrust is needed. Speed the props up and it flies better.
I also had some experiences with weak batteries causing my multi to hover, then drop as the batteries discharged too quickly.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:23 PM
Heli and E-Plane
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Nov 2010
939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
er9xuser how much does your Quad weigh, I have read of issues where too much thrust is being produced in relation to the weight of the Quad etc.

How much does it drift up and down by as some up/down movement is normal in any case, you do not get rock solid altitude hold even with boards with Baros fitted.

Those 10X4.5 props will be producing a massive amount of thrust, may be worth trying 9X4.5 if you have some, it will give a bit more rotation speed and hence be more stable.

Or you could try adding weight.
I just built a DJI F450 with the KK2 and have been chasing the same problem for the past week. I'm using Turnigy 2215J motors 900Kv with 10x4.5 props with a 2200mA/3s Nanotech.
It will hover nicely at 5ft but after 15 seconds she starts to descend, and if I give at little more throttle she jumps up 30ft.
Could this also be due to 10" props?
jer291113 is offline Find More Posts by jer291113
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:28 PM
Hulk likes flying things
Joined May 2008
613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer291113 View Post
I just built a DJI F450 with the KK2 and have been chasing the same problem for the past week. I'm using Turnigy 2215J motors 900Kv with 10x4.5 props with a 2200mA/3s Nanotech.
It will hover nicely at 5ft but after 15 seconds she starts to descend, and if I give at little more throttle she jumps up 30ft.
Could this also be due to 10" props?
Can you adjust your throttle curve on your tx? less linearity at mid point. Smaller props might help. I couldn't find cw props in 9x4.5 tho. Maybe you can.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:46 PM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,133 Posts
My KK2 had been flying pretty darn well on both stable ON and OFF modes. Then I started having random drop outs on one motor which caused it to flip over in the grass a few times while I tried to locate the problem. Finally I traced the problem to a bad factory solder joint on one of the motor's bullet connectors. I fixed it and now it flies really well again, but only in stable OFF mode. If I switch it to stable ON the darn thing tries to turn itself inside out, whether it's engaged before or after takeoff. Has anyone had success troubleshooting this sort of thing? Like I said it flies just fine without stable mode, but I'd like to have that option at the flick of a switch like I did when I bought it.
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:48 PM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Can you adjust your throttle curve on your tx? less linearity at mid point. Smaller props might help. I couldn't find cw props in 9x4.5 tho. Maybe you can.
I've been buying loads of 9x4.7 CW and CCW from RCPlaneBuilder.com for my F450 quad and 930kv combo, can't recommend them enough if you're in the USA.
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522