SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:47 AM
Finland, Raahe
Joined Jul 2012
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by er9xuser View Post
I'll test them. I'm just concerned about damaging my motors. Thanks.

Are your motors running wery hot or not?
They become warm to the touch, not hot at all. These smaller props are easier for the motor to spin so if you are currently heating your morots up, the situation should improve. I'm by no means an expert on this matter but I was planning on testing out the 10" props on my machine but the calculators suggested that the motors would be pushed too much so I left the 9" ones on. I even have 8" ones that I haven't tested and for them, the online calculator gives worse efficiency than with the 9" ones.
Japala is offline Find More Posts by Japala
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:55 AM
Joined May 2012
89 Posts
Hi,
My KK2 quad V1.2 flies well but have some issues with drift when flying with self level on.
How to correct drift issues?
Im really very happy with this board and very pleased to report that this board has helped me a lot as a beginner.
It gives me great pleasure to fly this thing in the local park.
Here are my quad settings:
450mm size with aluminium arms.
Motors:Keda 20-28 1050Kv
ESCs: Turnigy Plush 18amp
Props:Gemfan 9047
Lipo: 3s 2200.
Board: KK2 V1.2

Any tips about this drift please?
Thanks,
AeroR
AeroR is offline Find More Posts by AeroR
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:57 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japala View Post
They become warm to the touch, not hot at all. These smaller props are easier for the motor to spin so if you are currently heating your morots up, the situation should improve. I'm by no means an expert on this matter but I was planning on testing out the 10" props on my machine but the calculators suggested that the motors would be pushed too much so I left the 9" ones on. I even have 8" ones that I haven't tested and for them, the online calculator gives worse efficiency than with the 9" ones.
Thanks again. I'll buy some 9" and keep you updated.
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:01 AM
Finland, Raahe
Joined Jul 2012
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroR View Post
Hi,
My KK2 quad V1.2 flies well but have some issues with drift when flying with self level on.

Thanks,
AeroR
I have the same problem with the updated firmware. I shot really stable video with 1.0 and could hover more "tightly" but with 1.1 and 1.2 the copter just starts to move sideways on its own...
Japala is offline Find More Posts by Japala
Old Aug 31, 2012, 09:49 AM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined May 2012
163 Posts
I just got the KK2.0 LCD - I haven't actually used it yet - but has anyone had success using it with the HT-FPV frame?
Bhuwan is offline Find More Posts by Bhuwan
Old Aug 31, 2012, 09:53 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroR View Post
Hi,
How to correct drift issues?
Im really very happy with this board and very pleased to report that this board has helped me a lot as a beginner.
It gives me great pleasure to fly this thing in the local park.
Here are my quad settings:
450mm size with aluminium arms.
Motors:Keda 20-28 1050Kv
ESCs: Turnigy Plush 18amp
Props:Gemfan 9047
Lipo: 3s 2200.
Board: KK2 V1.2

Thanks,
AeroR
Make sure you are on a level surface when you calibrate the board
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:07 AM
Yonkers, NY
Joined Jan 2009
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingdown View Post
Wait, I've never seen anything like that in my Turnigy 9x... How do you set it up?
Like someone else already said it requires a different firmware. I am using er9x.
For anyone who isn't sure how to set up the curves, here is a very quick walkthrough for those of you already somewhat familiar with er9x. I am not going into every detail, just the general steps.

First, go into the curves menu and set up all the curves you plan on using. Choose any of the first 8 slots for 5-position curves, or if you need a more complex curve, use slots 9-13 for a 9-point curve.

Once your curves are set, go into the mixer menu.

You will be adding 3 entries under your throttle channel.
All 3 will use the same source and multpx settings.
Source: THR
Multpx: Replace

Then choose which curve gets assigned to each switch position.
Curves: c1 (or any other curve you choose)
Switch: ID0

Curves: c2
Switch: ID1

Curves: c3
Switch: ID2

ID0 is the top or N position of the 3-pos switch.
ID1 is the Center or position 1
ID2 is the lower or position 2
I recommend assigning ID0 to the curve you use most often, so you don't get switch warnings every time you forget to set it back to default.

While you are there, you can also program the throttle cut switch to work as it should by adding a 4th entry to your throttle channel mix.
Source: Half
Weight: -100
Switch: THR
Multpx: Replace
pberge is offline Find More Posts by pberge
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:16 AM
Mexico, MEX, Metepec
Joined Jun 2011
6 Posts
shelterock
Thank you for the advice. I already have a wattmeter. I haven't used it yet on the Quad since I wanted it first to be able to take off evenly. Now it seems it can. Next I will check it with the watt meter.

I appreciate your help, guys!
OmarRG is offline Find More Posts by OmarRG
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:25 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Auto-Level in current KK delivery ... it is working fine ... just slow but it is working fine.

It definitely work without problem on my quad ... and I don't see why it should not work in a tri

Assuming the board is oriented and mounted properly, with correct gains applied

Tchuss

e_lm_70
No, auto leveling on v1.2 KK2 does not work on my quad, unless the external perturbation is very small. It will fail miserably when the ACC approximation code picks up a level push and interprets incorrectly as the craft being out of level. It would try to compensate for a tilt which is not really there. Unfortunately the correction effect may also result in a positive feedback... There is no LPF in the code, a short glitch may get it started.

It flies quite well with auto level off though. Just keep it off until KK comes up with a fix/enhancement.

Regards.
Wasp09 is online now Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:09 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Apr 2011
385 Posts
I like taking off with the auto-level on. I have a new quad that I haven't gotten around to making landing gear for so it sits a little uneven... So I just feed in throttle and it levels itself out, then I take off and start heading off, then switch it off. I have a tiny back patio that I'll take off and land from when I'm too lazy to go outside to fly and taking off/landing with the auto-level on makes it a LOT easier (especially with the reduced stick scaling). Other than that I've used it a few times to save it when I couldn't see.
fallingdown is offline Find More Posts by fallingdown
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:22 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
No, auto leveling on v1.2 KK2 does not work on my quad, unless the external perturbation is very small. It will fail miserably when the ACC approximation code picks up a level push and interprets incorrectly as the craft being out of level. It would try to compensate for a tilt which is not really there. Unfortunately the correction effect may also result in a positive feedback... There is no LPF in the code, a short glitch may get it started.

It flies quite well with auto level off though. Just keep it off until KK comes up with a fix/enhancement.

Regards.
I disagree

As well nobody report crash due to autolevel on using the Mr. KK firmware
Actually for a properly calibrated and configured quad, having autolevel on does help on having a more relaxing flight, definitely to be used for fpv

In case of strong wind, autolevel off may work better

A part from it, strongly suggest to keep it off... it is a wrong advice, ... wrong as saying that it is bugged ... it is just simple and slow at this stage ... but if it is left on in the firmware it means it is totally safe

Tchuss

E_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:27 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
I disagree

As well nobody report crash due to autolevel on using the Mr. KK firmware
Actually for a properly calibrated and configured quad, having autolevel on does help on having a more relaxing flight, definitely to be used for fpv

In case of strong wind, autolevel off may work better

A part from it, strongly suggest to keep it off... it is a wrong advice, ... wrong as saying that it is bugged ... it is just simple and slow at this stage ... but if it is left on in the firmware it means it is totally safe

Tchuss

E_lm_70
I will have to agree with you on this one

M.
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:39 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,194 Posts
Quote:
...As well nobody report crash due to autolevel on using the Mr. KK firmware...
That is not true unless I am a nobody.

The author knows its limitations but the fans ignore them. There are actually blocks of improved code in the released 1.2 zip file but they were commented out due to other unresolved issues.

While there was no change in auto level code in between V1.1. and V1.2, fans reported that auto levelling had improved in v1.2. That happened all the times in real life.

The limitations are there, it is fine as long as you haven't hit them. I hit it several times with auto level on. It crashed violently upside down every time.

It actually levels but it can act up violently rapidly under wind or even quick pilot actions. If the power available on board is limited, the acting up may be somewhat not so deadly and may be considered safe to use.

As I suggested before if we turn the level gain way down, say to 1 or 2, it may cap the violent act up down, but the RX inputs do not scale and the quad would be deadly slow in terms of control.

Anyway it is up to us to decide what to use and to believe. That is the fun part.

I am still on this thread to check if Mr. KK has issued any fixes/improvement. I'll unsubscribe and scan the thread once a month instead.

Bye now and make the best use of what is available.

Good luck.
Wasp09 is online now Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:43 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
"I will have to agree with you on this one"

Me too, I fly my Tri with it on nearly all the time unless I want to do Acro or some aggressive manouvres.
It flies around great with it on and is still responsive, never had any glitches with it yet.

(Using Flashed ESC's in case it makes a difference and P gains above 110).

If trying to do aggresive manouvres or Acro with Auto Level on you deserve what you get in my book.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Last edited by Del-Dredd; Aug 31, 2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:53 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
Well charged up rx pack and attached to m8, nothing servos have power now but dont move to stick movements? mmmmmmm
Any joy after reading Manual and first post as suggested by Happy ?.

There was somebody else using the board for stabilistion in a Flying wing who had it working I believe, do a search on thread and maybe PM him.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd