HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:47 PM
United States, MD
Joined May 2012
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
Are you sure you selected the right Quad layout from the Menu.
Check the Motor layout diagram from the menu as well and ensure the motors are connected in the correct sequence and rotating in the right direction.

Fit props so the the top curved surface is up wards and that the leading edge is going forwards with the motor rotation.

That should cure all your issues as they are caused by incorrect motor/prop rotation apart from air blowing up which is props on upside down or rotating backwards..

I checked all that, i will go back and try again but i'm fairly certain i got it right.
iCrap is offline Find More Posts by iCrap
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:53 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,116 Posts
If that does not fix it, I guess you will need to go into the Mix Editor and reverse rudder setting from +100 to -100 or other way round.

I thought the Layouts were already sorted with correct Motor rotation and sequence for Quads etc so you should not have to reverse settings for the Gyros.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Last edited by Del-Dredd; Aug 21, 2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:58 PM
United Kingdom, Swindon
Joined Aug 2006
33 Posts
Having just re-flashed my KK2 with the latest FW, the display on the LCD is fine whilst I have it connected to the programmer, but as soon as I power it on my Tri it remains lit up but blank. Any ideas please guys ?......Neil
ADI Man is offline Find More Posts by ADI Man
Old Aug 21, 2012, 04:02 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,116 Posts
Have you tried pushing button 4, that is supposed to bring it back, not that it seems to work.

Seems to be a number of people with LCD issues post flashing with new firmware, yours is first i have seen that mentions it is ok when connected to the programmer.

Maybe the others could try that as well see if it works.

Mine is still original as it flies ok and my LCD is busted in any case.

I know one guy can get display up by pushing on the bottom edge of the screen.

Is there a GUI so we can tweak settings via the loader, it would be handy when the seemingly dodgy LCD gives up the ghost.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 04:08 PM
Joined Aug 2011
769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
If that does not fix it, I guess you will need to go into the Mix Editor and reverse rudder setting from +100 to -100 or other way round.

I thought the Layouts were already sorted with correct Motor rotation and sequence for Quads etc so you should not have to reverse settings for the Gyros.
Select the receiver test menu and make sure all control inputs move the correct way. It could be that you just nee to reverse the rudder channel on the TX
jim350 is offline Find More Posts by jim350
Old Aug 21, 2012, 04:15 PM
United States, MD
Joined May 2012
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim350 View Post
Select the receiver test menu and make sure all control inputs move the correct way. It could be that you just nee to reverse the rudder channel on the TX
I checked that. But its the spinning isn't when i use the controls, its as soon as i give throttle. I can't even use the controls.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 04:16 PM
United Kingdom, Swindon
Joined Aug 2006
33 Posts
Yep, just re-connected it to the programmer again and the display comes up fine. I scrolled down to factory reset and pressed that. Re-connected it back in the Tri and same again....LCD lights up but blank. I'm puzzled.........Neil
ADI Man is offline Find More Posts by ADI Man
Old Aug 21, 2012, 04:26 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADI Man View Post
Yep, just re-connected it to the programmer again and the display comes up fine. I scrolled down to factory reset and pressed that. Re-connected it back in the Tri and same again....LCD lights up but blank. I'm puzzled.........Neil
You may have some dead 'power' lines on the kk2.0 pcb

When you use the programmer you give 5v and gnd into two different point of the board

Also remember kk2.0 take power only by motor 1 plug

You can try to power instead from motor 1 ... just putting a 5v bec on the rx or on the aux

In this case remove red cable from the esc of motor 1

Tchuss

E_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Aug 21, 2012, 05:00 PM
United States, MD
Joined May 2012
199 Posts
Went back and checked everything... its all set right as far as i can tell. Motors are plugged into the right ports, props are all on correctly. I even reloaded the motor config. It still spins really really fast in circles.

So is there any way to reverse the Yaw gyro?
I should also mention that this started happening after i blew an ESC. After it blew i replaced it, recalibrated and since then my quad has not flown.... (the ESC blew due to a short - my fault..)
Last edited by iCrap; Aug 21, 2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 05:58 PM
United States, MD
Joined May 2012
199 Posts
I fixed my previous issue. Turns out that both the motors and the props were ALL reversed, meaning that it would lift off but do the total opposite of what it was supposed to do. FAIL on my part...

New problem, quad is flyable but it pulls forward sharply by itself and to the right.... very odd. It didn't do this before. what do i need to change for it to fly stable again?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 06:15 PM
Honey,just one more thing
Rensselaer,IN
Joined Jan 2003
3,098 Posts
Maybe adjust the trims on your trans
spudandretti is offline Find More Posts by spudandretti
Old Aug 21, 2012, 06:16 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,116 Posts
Check controls all zeroed on Receiver test, they all at Zero with sticks centered (Throttle idle)?

Have you done a Sensor Calibration with the Quad and board set level.

I did mine on the board before fitting, with it level on desk and powered by a standard Rx battery pack.
Never had to do it again and Tricopter flew level from the off.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 06:17 PM
United States, MD
Joined May 2012
199 Posts
Its not that, no matter what i do it still wants to pull front right really fast.
And yea, its all zeroed.

if i just put throttle, it should normally hover but instead it does forward /right
Old Aug 21, 2012, 06:25 PM
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Jan 2004
454 Posts
Could be a bad #2 ESC or #2 motor, or a bad connection.
pbmax is offline Find More Posts by pbmax
Old Aug 21, 2012, 06:29 PM
United States, MD
Joined May 2012
199 Posts
Fixed it. I did a factory reset.... my guess is that flashing from 1.0 to 1.2 there might have been something left over... i dunno. It does fly fine now though after resetting it and putting my settings back in. very odd..

Now time to get autolevel working..