HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:22 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
I use Xcode on the Mac with an AVR toolchain for Atmega. It's quite powerful. I like Arduino with C for quick Atmega projects, or MPIDE and MAPLE for PIC32 and STM32. I agree, AVRstudio is a pain as it's windows only, so I have to run under Virtualbox,

But ultimately it boils down to what you are use to and like using. There are no rules for open source tool choices.
I have not been able to install avr studio under wine on my linux box yet. It insisted on picking up some extras from MS and failed. I hate to switch into windows to use avr studio. I am running debian unstable AMD64.

BTW, avr studio 4 pointed to a dummy, I could only download 5 or 6 after register.
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:28 AM
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Mar 2010
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheal63 View Post
Ok, I have what is probably considered a noob question here. I have a kk2 and have put a few batteries thru it just fine. What I would like to know is this, what is the best way to set up my dx6i for stable flight. I have it set on heli now for the throttle curve. But does anyone have a definitive setup that works great for this? I am running DT 750's with unflashed rctimer 30A esc's and 10x4.5 gem fan props. My quad is set up off of a radicalrc.com stinger frame. Thanks for any opinions.

Original firmware
Will no one share their tx settings? Aero or heli?
tarheal63 is online now Find More Posts by tarheal63
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:54 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,691 Posts
Love this board. Bought 4 already and have one more on order. But quality control sucks. Wonder if HK is using child labor to put these things together...

And this is all I have to say about this:

KK2 board Quality Control Issues (2 min 28 sec)

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:41 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2010
777 Posts
Please Mr Lazy Zero,could you make your 063 set up easier for numpties like me to download on a old laptop,pleaseOplease ile buy you a large scotch,your's,Marty.
NEAGRON is offline Find More Posts by NEAGRON
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:42 PM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,311 Posts
Chris, mine has double sided foam tape between the board and display. Seems to be missing on yours.

Fred
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Aug 18, 2012, 01:18 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen View Post
Chris, mine has double sided foam tape between the board and display. Seems to be missing on yours.

Fred
It's there. It's the actual white layer that is stuck to the board with double sided tape that is coming off the underside of the LCD unit.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 18, 2012, 01:25 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Carmichael, CA
Joined Feb 2007
3,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Love this board. Bought 4 already and have one more on order. But quality control sucks. Wonder if HK is using child labor to put these things together...

http://youtu.be/arYda-mb97U

Chris
Yeah, my first KK2 came like that too, and I'm not expecting the double sided tape to all of a sudden work when my second unit arrives. I don't think it's the poor kid's fault, lol, it's probably just the poor quality tape they use. I just added a drop of Welder (like Goop) to hold the first one down; plan on doing my second one like that as soon as it arrives. Only special (expensive) double sided tape will last longer than a day with the kind of heat we get in my area anyways.

Kev
Truglodite is offline Find More Posts by Truglodite
Last edited by Truglodite; Aug 18, 2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 01:56 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,691 Posts
Quote:
I don't think it's the poor kid's fault, lol
OK, maybe I'm a bit harsh with the poor lad.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 18, 2012, 01:58 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3dm View Post
so i found the rear motor prop was causing some vibrations. changed it and its much better as far as jitters.

i noticed "servo filter" is at 0 default.. shall i change it to 50 ?

radio is Turnigy 9X with RL UHF system.
I saw the mention of 50 over on the KK2 Tricopter Twitching thread

"Just flashed mine this morning, and got her all set-up.

No more wobble!

Set the servo filter to 50 as suggested by kk, and not a hint of wobble.

I really like how stable this board is on takeoff. No drifting or yawing from propwash on takeoff.

"
Del-Dredd is online now Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Aug 18, 2012, 02:05 PM
United Kingdom, Swindon
Joined Aug 2006
34 Posts
Opinions please. I have been able to flash control boards quite easily using the multicopter flashtool, (latest 0.63) a USBASP programmer and Lazy Zero firmware. I recently tried to upgrade my KK2 board with the latest firmware and although it said the flash was fine, it doesn't work, just constantly scrolls when I put it in my Tri. I also find that I cannot now flash any of my HK V3 boards. By process of elimination, I know that it's the flashing that's at fault. My only conclusion is that my USB programmer must be malfunctioning somehow. Has anyone else had the same problem ? Do the USB programmers go duff ? Your comments please guys would be appreciated.......
ADI Man is offline Find More Posts by ADI Man
Old Aug 18, 2012, 02:12 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,691 Posts
Programmers can go bad, yes. Sounds like you're having difficulties with yours for many applications so you might be right in your deductive reasoning. If you've used your programmer in the past and it won't work anymore with multiple applications, it likely went "duff."

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 18, 2012, 02:18 PM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,311 Posts
Quote:
It's the actual white layer that is stuck to the board with double sided tape that is coming off the underside of the LCD unit.
I noticed that now, with glasses on . The solder job on pins etc. is not very impressive either.

Fred
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Aug 18, 2012, 02:34 PM
Heli and E-Plane
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Nov 2010
939 Posts
Quote:

http://youtu.be/arYda-mb97U

Chris
Yes I noticed a few problems on my new KK2, I had posted my findings several pages back, the QC is definitely lacking. I haven't tried mine yet, still waiting for some missing screws on my DJI F450 frame.

Hope you get it sorted out Chris...

Fred
jer291113 is offline Find More Posts by jer291113
Old Aug 18, 2012, 04:27 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
2,957 Posts
Quote:
Chris
Hi, it looks like the backlight coming away from the LCD.
Whoever puts the boards together for HK would get those LCD's in as one piece. They should, however reject dodgy ones.

Glue should do the trick.
HappySundays is offline Find More Posts by HappySundays
Old Aug 18, 2012, 06:34 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,117 Posts
The backlight is actually just a very thin strip along the bottom edge with a central SMD LED, the white is just some plastic backing film to help reflect light through the LCD.
Del-Dredd is online now Find More Posts by Del-Dredd