Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:34 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
Tried that, as well as OpenAero2.hex - fails at the same point with the same error.
Can you post a screen shot of your flashtool when you're ready to hit the flash button?

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:35 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgez View Post
Anyone know where I can get the drivers for Windows XP for USBasp? Hobbyking has a list that includes Windows 7. Can someone point my in the right direction. Thanks.
See the driver section on my homepage for the link to your programmer.
http://lazyzero.de/en/modellbau/kkmu...tool?&#drivers

Quote:
Well that's just it, I'm not using a standard AVR programmer. I'm using a Ardruino Uno, a breadboard, some jumpers, couple servo cables...

But I'm pretty sure it's right. The LCD on the FC works fine. I referenced the other pins off the VCC and GND locations.
Wasn't there a issue with the reset of the Uno when using as a ISP adapter, I think I can remember you have to add a resitor and a electrolyt capasitor?

Best Christian
LazyZero is offline Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:38 AM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Can you post a screen shot of your flashtool when you're ready to hit the flash button?

Chris
I'm using avrdude from commandline. It looks like this:

Quote:
C:\Users\David\Downloads\kkmulticopterflashtool_0. 63\lib\avrdude\windows\avrdude.exe -P com2 -b 19200 -c avrisp -p m324pa -U flash:w:c:
\users\david\downloads\kk2_1v1\kk2_1v1\kk2.hex:i -C C:\Users\David\Downloads\kkmulticopterflashtool_0. 63\lib\avrdude\windows\avrdude.conf -F -V
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:39 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZero View Post
See the driver section on my homepage for the link to your programmer.
http://lazyzero.de/en/modellbau/kkmu...tool?&#drivers

Wasn't there a issue with the reset of the Uno when using as a ISP adapter, I think I can remember you have to add a resitor and a electrolyt capasitor?

Best Christian
I read there was a heartbeat timing issue, which was corrected in arduino 1.0.1 example sketch (that's what i have on the Uno).
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:40 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Tried that, as well as OpenAero2.hex - fails at the same point with the same error.
What's the avrdude string you are using?

Are you certain you wired MOSI and MISO the right way around? What did you hook reset up to and what sketch are you using?

/EDIT nvm I took to long to post, you have already answered above.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Last edited by Erknie; Aug 10, 2012 at 12:56 AM.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:46 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,551 Posts
Quote:
I read there was a heartbeat timing issue, which was corrected in arduino 1.0.1 example sketch (that's what i have on the Uno).
Found it:

Quote:
On the Arduino Uno, you'll need to connect a 10 uF capacitor between reset and ground (after uploading the ArduinoISP sketch)
http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoISP/
LazyZero is offline Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:51 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,133 Posts
Interesting, I read right past that, because I was there earlier. Thanks, I will find a cap and give it a try tomorrow!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:57 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
1,937 Posts
Quote:
Been trying to flash this thing all night. Despite the fact that I'm giving avrdude the -V switch, it's still verifying. I'm using the avrdude .exe and .conf from the kkmulticopter flash tool 0.63.
I've seen this type of error before when flashing ESC's - I was using a proper programmer (AVR ISP MkII) but had the processor set as ATmega168 instead of ATmega8.

It appeared to flash OK, but then always failed on verification

<edit> just seen your cmd line, looks like you *are* specifying ATmega324 ...
Mike Barton is offline Find More Posts by Mike Barton
Last edited by Mike Barton; Aug 10, 2012 at 01:04 AM.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:11 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildean View Post
The Calibration process does not seem to occur for me... even though the menu displays "Calibrating ESCs" nothing seems to change.
Remember buttons 1 & 4 needs to be held down during the whole process.

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:22 AM
Joined Apr 2012
507 Posts
Hey Mike Barton Please Come To Our Rescue And Kindly Convert This Evil Assembler To Human Understandable C-code (You See !! Assembler Can Only Be Understood By The Gods )
Akcopter is offline Find More Posts by Akcopter
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:25 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akcopter View Post
Hey Mike Barton Please Come To Our Rescue And Kindly Convert This Evil Assembler To Human Understandable C-code (You See !! Assembler Can Only Be Understood By The Gods )
LOL, I was looking at the KK2 1v1 source yesterday, and it's not too bad if you can remember what all the macros do. Like anything, it's what you get used to programming in, you tend to stick to it.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:30 AM
Joined May 2009
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
A servo signal is often said as PPM (that is maybe a bit wrong terminology) ... anyhow ... a servo signal is nothing else then a square wave, with a frequency of 50hz (can be more in some RX), with the time of signal logically to 1, that can be from 1ms to 2ms .. 1ms means -100 ...1.5ms means 0 ... 2ms means +100

CPPM ... is means to Compose all the signal into one signal ... up to maximum 8 (in normal cases) ...

This means the CPPM signal will send up to 8 square waves ... each with kept to logical 1 from 1ms to 2ms ... the order, means the channel.

So .. in short ... CPPM is a way to connect RX to KK2.0 using 1 single cable instead of 4 or 5 ... but you need a dedicated RX, since only few RX provide outside the CPPM signal

In other words ... if you don't know what is CPPM .. is because you don't need it ... since you probably don't have any RX capable for it

Tchuss

e_lm_70
So, CPPM is like serial bus?
pinguin is online now Find More Posts by pinguin
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:33 AM
Sweden, Hudiksvall
Joined Aug 2012
10 Posts
Setting up Turnigy Plush 30A ESC

Hi

I am really new to this and has read this thread now twice....

I got almost all stuff to have my first crasch....

However, a question:

Do I need to change my ESC anything when they are new from HobbyKing? I saw in post #1184 that KapteinKUK was recomending Medium on one place... can the rest be as default or is there anything more I need to change?

Yes, I now about flashing now (since I read this thread twice) - I will do that later - first test and crasch some....

Thanks all for your inputs in this thread - VERY useful!
Fiskfan is offline Find More Posts by Fiskfan
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:41 AM
Joined Apr 2012
507 Posts
Hey KK You said You would Release The Schematics For You board At The First software Update
Akcopter is offline Find More Posts by Akcopter
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:48 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
1,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akcopter View Post
Ha ha.. don't think I'm going to be converting all that asm (I'll leave that to Erknie!)

Lots of work to do - just look at the 'acres' of code by HappySundays Aero2 to handle the menus
Mike Barton is offline Find More Posts by Mike Barton