SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 09, 2012, 10:16 AM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,641 Posts
check the timing option on esc and if set to low try medium and high setting. Might be losing sync on quick throttle bumps.

if its a flashed esc that wouldn't be your problem or at least the way to fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroM'ck'y View Post
Ntm1200kv 350w , I'm using 8x4 props, I have already replaced all escs and they all running at same temp now. The problem seem more often on 9" props so I went back to 8". I m considering other than ntm1200 cause someone else has identical problem with the same motor.
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Last edited by pug398; Aug 09, 2012 at 10:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2012, 10:17 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,667 Posts
On the subject of simonized ESCs, I installed the flashed HK F-20 on my DJI F330 today and tested them. I can run 140 on P gain as opposed to 60 with my skywalker ESCs. Quite nice. The throttle response is also a bit better. All in all, it's definitely an improvement, but it's not mind blowing. At about 7$ for the HKF-20, though, it makes for a very inexpensive set up that performs better than decent non flashed ESCs.

Here's a video on the subject. If you only want to see some flying, skip the first 6 minutes of the video.

Best,
Chris

DJI F330 with KK2 and Simonized ESCs (12 min 29 sec)
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 09, 2012, 10:37 AM
Done Posting, Gone Flying
Sweden, Uppsala County, Balsta
Joined Jun 2012
1,211 Posts

All the these lovely updates by Happy and KK, and then the friggin board decides to brick during flashing...
LCD backlit on, but that's it.

Tried KK factory default. No luck

No response from target when attempting to flash with LZ:s tool.
Other boards (HK3 and 2.1) respond, so USBavp seems OK.
No LED activity. +5V and +3V are good.

If someone could point me to a testpoint for the oscillator, I could check that.

KK, are you still interested in having a dead board for analysis?
Shipping from Sweden is on me.
Let me know in PM if so.

Fortunately the second one is arriving tomorrow.

/J

Follow-up posted here ->
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNJO View Post
JNJO is online now Find More Posts by JNJO
Last edited by JNJO; Sep 15, 2012 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Follow-up posted.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,667 Posts
Quote:

All the these lovely updates by Happy and KK, and then the friggin board decides to brick during flashing...

If someone could point me to a testpoint for the oscillator, I could check that.

Let me know in PM if so.

/J
Man.... There's been a ton of boards reported as having this issue. This is definitely a bug that needs to be addressed. These boards should not die on people so easily. After reading so many people having this issue and having had this issue myself, I so don't trust this board. I like it. It's awesome. But it certainly has problems with regards to being a reliable FC. Sure some people may say they had no issues. Fine. Better knock on wood, though, by the sounds of it.

Sorry to hear your board died, Sir.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:17 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,702 Posts
Quote:

Let me know in PM if so.

/J
The flashing process should not brick the board.

If no mess have been done with the Fuse bit (some may activate a lock) , but LZ tool should not mess with it ... then Firmware update can be done every time ... even if this process did interrupt in the middle.

There is not a boot loaded stuff, that in case you fail the firmware update you lose also the capability to re-flash again.

Anyhow ... if you want to know if the firmware has been update properly ... I would suggest to use a tool like eXtreme Burner ... so you can check the status of your CPU ... even if ... a living CPU does not means that the rest of the board is still functional

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:17 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Apr 2011
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
On the subject of simonized ESCs, I installed the flashed HK F-20 on my DJI F330 today and tested them. I can run 140 on P gain as opposed to 60 with my skywalker ESCs. Quite nice. The throttle response is also a bit better. All in all, it's definitely an improvement, but it's not mind blowing.
When you're flying fpv and getting silky smooth video from your gopro on a windy day... It IS mind blowing, lol. The difference is quite good coming from onboard video... If you're just flying LOS then yeah, it might not be a huge difference.

This was a very windy day, as evidenced by my difficulty landing on a container and there's still room for improvement, but with old unflashed esc the video would of been unusable.
Elementary my dear Watson (5 min 0 sec)
fallingdown is offline Find More Posts by fallingdown
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:20 AM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
On the subject of simonized ESCs, I installed the flashed HK F-20 on my DJI F330 today and tested them. I can run 140 on P gain as opposed to 60 with my skywalker ESCs. Quite nice. The throttle response is also a bit better. All in all, it's definitely an improvement, but it's not mind blowing. At about 7$ for the HKF-20, though, it makes for a very inexpensive set up that performs better than decent non flashed ESCs.

Here's a video on the subject. If you only want to see some flying, skip the first 6 minutes of the video.

Best,
Chris

http://youtu.be/o2mGfL7Nihw
Nice. If you look at the quad closely at time frame 06:00, it looks like it's almost completely vertical as if doing a knife edge. If it had kept that position for a few more seconds we could have said you had a 3D quadcopter.
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:24 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,702 Posts
Quote:
At about 7$ for the HKF-20, though, it makes for a very inexpensive set up that performs better than decent non flashed ESCs.

That's the point ...

I'm sorry I may have confused somebody with the story of the Blue Series ... I was reading some post that refer to this name to the HK product that actually has no official name.

The ESC that I means are these one:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...C_3A_UBEC.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...C_3A_UBEC.html

These are good HW but with bad FW ... and they are the super easy to flash for low skilled people

Once these have been the cheapest in HobbyKing ... now there is also the red-brick series that is a bit cheaper ... but these have been reported to be more complicated to be fleshed

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: The only "disadvantage" of flashing is that after this, there is almost no configuration left ... only throttle range can be configured ... all configuration need to be done by messing with the code and re-flashing the ESC ....
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:24 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingdown View Post
When you're flying fpv and getting silky smooth video from your gopro on a windy day... It IS mind blowing, lol. The difference is quite good coming from onboard video... If you're just flying LOS then yeah, it might not be a huge difference.

This was a very windy day, as evidenced by my difficulty landing on a container and there's still room for improvement, but with old unflashed esc the video would of been unusable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF6c...g&feature=plcp
You need to paint a big letter H on top of the container like Chris did on his landing pad. Great flying. Those dives and flips are scary.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:26 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,702 Posts
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF6c...g&feature=plcp
How much time did you spend on balancing Propeller and motor ?

This is for me the annoying part ...
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:30 AM
Joined Apr 2011
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
You need to paint a big letter H on top of the container like Chris did on his landing pad. Great flying. Those dives and flips are scary.
lol, I did a much better job of landing on it with a $10,000 FLIR cam, even though I didn't learn till later that the roof of it was corrugated.

Flying with FLIR (4 min 32 sec)

Watch the flip at the end of this one! (flashed esc, but original KK board)

Time to Go Pro (4 min 54 sec)
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:43 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
lol, I did a much better job of landing on it with a $10,000 FLIR cam, even though I didn't learn till later that the roof of it was corrugated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4PGlOi3t64&feature=plcp

Watch the flip at the end of this one! (flashed esc, but original KK board)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwbW4O8MVYc&feature=plcp
Ouch!
Old Aug 09, 2012, 12:12 PM
Joined Apr 2011
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
How much time did you spend on balancing Propeller and motor ?

This is for me the annoying part ...
The motors used on the Tri were fairly balanced. Unfortunately, when I ordered a 4th motor to convert to a quad that motor was badly balanced and I had to struggle to get rid of the vibes again.

I spend no more than a minute on each prop... but I get 30 props together and do it assembly line style... scotch tape and an xacto make quick work.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 12:30 PM
FLY IY, BREAK IT, FIX IT,
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2005
838 Posts
OK, one for LZ I think.

Flashtool 0.33 runs fine on my PC - I used it a lot for my original boards and it still loads up OK.

V0.63 wont run - I am on Win 7 64bit - is that the problem? If so, whats the best way to get the new firmware loaded?

thanks in advance

EDIT: JAVA UPDATE SORTED, SORRY!
Impailer is offline Find More Posts by Impailer
Last edited by Impailer; Aug 09, 2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 12:34 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Carmichael, CA
Joined Feb 2007
3,517 Posts
Quote:

Let me know in PM if so.

/J
I had a few flashes interrupted by intermittent connections that were fixed with a solid connection. I even hooked up 5V in reverse on a few Amtel boards with no damage LOL! These chips are very fault tolerant unless you change a fuse or something. I hope it's simple, because it could be... maybe not enough power through USB (you do have an LCD and backlight on this one), bad connection...

Good luck,
Kev
Truglodite is offline Find More Posts by Truglodite