SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 09, 2012, 07:15 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroM'ck'y View Post
it is still armed , yeah voltage is fine during hovering, I can see it on the osd and its drawing 20amps.

I might just try to upgrade firmware first

I'm using 3S
So ... I don't know if a wrong configuration on KK2, with not enough gain could prevent to keep stable the quad ... but maybe have a look if you are using too low value on the KK2.

As well .. you may have a faulty sensor on the KK2 board

But ... also ... the ESC may have some problem on controlling the motor ...

There are tons of possible reasons ... you should try to isolate one by one ...

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2012, 07:34 AM
Hulk likes flying things
United States, IN, Kokomo
Joined May 2008
620 Posts
@ Aero'
I think that esc is weak or the motor is binding in some way causing a greater load on that esc. I would replace the esc first.
Phalanx-0 is offline Find More Posts by Phalanx-0
Old Aug 09, 2012, 07:55 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays View Post
And for good reason. Well-intentioned, I'm sure, but not the safest way to calibrate ESCs.
Best to do it manually
I have a very good feeling that the calibration procedure is still working. The ESC calibration menu was just instructions anyways. I think maybe KK removed that to use the memory space for more useful things, but the calibration process might still be valid.

Best,
Chris

PS: I test flown the new FW on my X250 today and it seems to fly very much the same, for me, as the older FW. I do not use Auto level, by the way. I like the new features, though, like the auto disarm, the modified beeps and the voltage reading on the Safe screen. All good stuff. Very nice update.
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:20 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I have a very good feeling that the calibration procedure is still working. The ESC calibration menu was just instructions anyways. I think maybe KK removed that to use the memory space for more useful things, but the calibration process might still be valid.

Best,
Chris

PS: I test flown the new FW on my X250 today and it seems to fly very much the same, for me, as the older FW. I do not use Auto level, by the way. I like the new features, though, like the auto disarm, the modified beeps and the voltage reading on the Safe screen. All good stuff. Very nice update.
No feeling is needed ...

It is still there ... here is a part of the source code provided with V1.1 by KK

Quote:
EscThrottleCalibration:

call LcdClear

lrv PixelType, 1
lrv FontSelector, f6x8

lrv X1,15
lrv Y1,25
mPrintString esc1
lrv X1,0

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: Just tested ... just power up the KK2.0 v1.1 pressing the two buttons ... after the Rolf signature ... there is the ESC calibration screen on the KK2.0 LCD
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:46 AM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZero View Post
Very good work, I will add the video to the tutorial section of the flashtool.

Thanks Christian
Thanks for adding it!
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:23 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined May 2009
374 Posts
I just finished all testing... replaced the rear left esc and now temperatures are all equal for motor and escs.

Installing new firmware was a breeze on the pc, after giving up on the mac. Impossible to get the kk2 to show up on the mac.

With the new firmware, no adjustments had to be made to hover the tbs discovery i.e. 450 size. I also tried the cppm, which works but I could not get aileron to work after trying ch 5 to 8. what this could mean is only 4 ch works with my futaba anyways, therefore no auto level if I really wanted to use cppm. very cool firmware.

Now back to my original problem, if I fly smoothly it doesn't seem to have any motor cuts, but if i keep punching the throttle, I hear a sort of beep, like the motor is cogging/perhaps losing sync and it could be any motor that decides to cog and down it goes. I will replace the escs with f30a when I receive them and try again.

Thanks for the help
AeroM'ck'y is offline Find More Posts by AeroM'ck'y
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:30 AM
Joined Aug 2011
811 Posts
You need to set the kktool software to run as 32bit to work on the mac.
jim350 is online now Find More Posts by jim350
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:32 AM
Joined May 2009
374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim350 View Post
You need to set the kktool software to run as 32bit to work on the mac.
thx, althought it has always worked for me, including esc flashing..

But I have never tried to run in in 32bit. Will try. cheers!

edit. i just tried 32 bit, kk2 still did Not show up
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:45 AM
Joined Aug 2011
811 Posts
Have you downloaded the latest version?
jim350 is online now Find More Posts by jim350
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:53 AM
kkj
Joined Aug 2004
44 Posts
Quote:
Hey guys ,I'm not having much luck with my kk2, any pointers would be awesome.

Motors are cutting randomly. I'm using simonK flashed F20a.
Does this look like a faulty kk2?

What I have tried is replacing the ESC with a newly flashed esc but problem remains.

http://youtu.be/7brua4056kE
I had this problem before, then i realised that one of the wires from the motor was broken. I had to test every motor to find the broken wire. Hope this helps.
kkj is offline Find More Posts by kkj
Old Aug 09, 2012, 10:50 AM
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Jan 2004
454 Posts
Quote:
Now back to my original problem, if I fly smoothly it doesn't seem to have any motor cuts, but if i keep punching the throttle, I hear a sort of beep, like the motor is cogging/perhaps losing sync and it could be any motor that decides to cog and down it goes. I will replace the escs with f30a when I receive them and try again.
Is it still dumping in the same direction - toward motor 2? I'd swap that motor for sure, if that's the case.

I had the bad ESC problem with my micro quad - it would dump on that corner under load. I broke multiple arms due to that ESC Replacing the ESC resolved the problem for me, thankfully.

What is the watt rating of your motors?
pbmax is offline Find More Posts by pbmax
Old Aug 09, 2012, 10:56 AM
Joined May 2009
374 Posts
Ntm1200kv 350w , I'm using 8x4 props, I have already replaced all escs and they all running at same temp now. The problem seem more often on 9" props so I went back to 8". I m considering other than ntm1200 cause someone else has identical problem with the same motor.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:04 AM
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Jan 2004
454 Posts
Quote:
Ntm1200kv 350w , I'm using 8x4 props, I have already replaced all escs and they all running at same temp now. The problem seem more often on 9" props so I went back to 8". I m considering other than ntm1200 cause someone else has identical problem with the same motor.
The 28-26A? It's rated at 200W at 3s; I couldn't find any other 1200kv NTM motors on HK. I'm using this motor on my SK450-based quad with flashed HK blueseries 20A ESCs without issue (except for a slightly hard landing that broke one of them and some vibration issues thanks to poor factory balancing). A 20A ESC should easily handle 200w (16A rounded). I'm using 8045 props.

Is it still cutting out in the same direction?
pbmax is offline Find More Posts by pbmax
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:11 AM
Romania, Bucuresti, Bucharest
Joined Oct 2011
168 Posts
Has anybody noticed the new Height Dampening setting in the kk2 v1.1?

What's up with that?
bikerboy_id is online now Find More Posts by bikerboy_id
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:11 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
No feeling is needed ...

It is still there ... here is a part of the source code provided with V1.1 by KK

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: Just tested ... just power up the KK2.0 v1.1 pressing the two buttons ... after the Rolf signature ... there is the ESC calibration screen on the KK2.0 LCD
Thanks for the confirmation. I actually posted this and then I later saw your post on the subject. I should read all the replies before I post.

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor