HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:13 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knutek View Post
I updated my kk2 with kkmulticopterflashtool_0.63beta12 ( it has KK2)
It worked like a charme.
Thank you, Sir. I was running an older version of the KK flashtool, hence why it wouldn't flash. I used the version you mentioned and it worked a charm for me, too.

Awesome update, if you ask me. Very nice improvements. Well done, KK.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:31 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,305 Posts
Did i miss something??

I havent been on this thread in a bit....just came on and from what i saw, it looks like there is an update for this board already? Is this correct or am i reading this wrong?

thanks
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:37 PM
Norge, Finnmark, Alta
Joined Dec 2010
28 Posts
I have been Alpha testing the OpenAero for KK2 and had some problems flashing that board with KK2. The screen vent blank. I solved it with factory reset: Power up - button 4 - button 3 (13 times) - button 4 (2 times). It then came back... maybe something to do with eeprom?
knutek is offline Find More Posts by knutek
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:38 PM
Joined Dec 2007
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
I havent been on this thread in a bit....just came on and from what i saw, it looks like there is an update for this board already? Is this correct or am i reading this wrong?

thanks
post 2078 read carefully.
Rotorhead0207 is online now Find More Posts by Rotorhead0207
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:40 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ipswich
Joined Aug 2011
306 Posts
Can someone remind me how I can enable the USB for the programmer on Ubuntu Linux?

I had the instructions somewhere - but I've lost them.
David Jenkins is offline Find More Posts by David Jenkins
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead0207 View Post
post 2078 read carefully.
Thank you!! i just found it...was about to post a "Nevermind, I found it" thread...but thanks!!
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:48 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,270 Posts
Quick and dirty guide to flashing the KK2 board

Ok, here is a quick and dirty guide on how to flash the KK2 board using LazyZero's Flashtool. It's just the very basics on where to get the tool, the latest firmware and how to use the tool.

Please note that I do not have the KK2 board with me at this time so i could not include directions on how to connect it to your pc via a USB programmer or show the actual status messages when flashed.

If I get a chance to flash my KK2 board tonight, I will create a detailed video and then post it on my youtube channel and then a message here with the link to the video.

For those that have already flashed it

1. Where is PIN 1 on the programming header on the KK2 board?
2. Did you power the KK2 board via your USB/ASP programmer or via an ESC/BEC connected to motor header 1?
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,305 Posts
@rcjose....

Thank you for that!! i have never flashed a kk board before so this will be very helpful...thankfully i was smart enough to purchase the correct tools to do so when the time comes...gonna try this tonight.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined May 2012
22 Posts
Thank you kapteinkuk, my tail servo vibration is gone!
iulian is offline Find More Posts by iulian
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:55 PM
Norge, Finnmark, Alta
Joined Dec 2010
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post

2. Did you power the KK2 board via your USB/ASP programmer or via an ESC/BEC connected to motor header 1?
On my programmer pin 1 is the one closest to button 1 on my KK1. It lights up when correct. I did not have to use a ESC/BEC. It gets power from my programmer.
knutek is offline Find More Posts by knutek
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:56 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
Ok, here is a quick and dirty guide on how to flash the KK2 board using LazyZero's Flashtool. It's just the very basics on where to get the tool, the latest firmware and how to use the tool.

Please note that I do not have the KK2 board with me at this time so i could not include directions on how to connect it to your pc via a USB programmer or show the actual status messages when flashed.

If I get a chance to flash my KK2 board tonight, I will create a detailed video and then post it on my youtube channel and then a message here with the link to the video.

1- You'll know you have it right when the LCD display, not only the LCD light is ON.
2- I had to disconnect M1 ESC for this to work. Board was powered only by the USB programmer. With M1 connected but no battery connected, the LCD display would not go ON. Only the LCD backlight would go on. Seems like the ESCs were drawing too much power from the USB connection for the LCD display to startup. Not sure what's up with that.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:08 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knutek View Post
On my programmer pin 1 is the one closest to button 1 on my KK1. It lights up when correct. I did not have to use a ESC/BEC. It gets power from my programmer.
Thanks for the info
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:10 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
1- You'll know you have it right when the LCD display, not only the LCD light is ON.
2- I had to disconnect M1 ESC for this to work. Board was powered only by the USB programmer. With M1 connected but no battery connected, the LCD display would not go ON. Only the LCD backlight would go on. Seems like the ESCs were drawing too much power from the USB connection for the LCD display to startup. Not sure what's up with that.

Best,
Chris
That makes sense as the only power available at that point would be the voltage from the USB programmer.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:14 PM
Joined Apr 2007
46 Posts
OK ... the results of the dead KK2 board. I flashed it with the new code. No difference. I then tried the button sequences. No difference. The display lights up, all voltage regulators are OK but I have no way to check the oscillator output(no freq counter). So the end result is to reload the old code and send it back to HK. Thanks to all for the support.

George
gkovachi is offline Find More Posts by gkovachi
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:17 PM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,550 Posts
Sorry I were 3 hours offline ;-)

But now you can flash from repository. When you click on the info button close to the flash button you get the page where rolf discribed all changes.

Best Christian
LazyZero is offline Find More Posts by LazyZero