HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2012, 11:36 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
2,035 Posts
Don't bother trying to read code from KK2 board - HK policy is to set fuses to protect the code...

you can ofcourse try just incase they missed one
Mike Barton is offline Find More Posts by Mike Barton
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2012, 11:36 AM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Carmichael, CA
Joined Feb 2007
3,537 Posts
There's lots of OT discussion about simonK. There's a better place for that here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1513678

Kev
Truglodite is offline Find More Posts by Truglodite
Old Aug 08, 2012, 11:37 AM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Carmichael, CA
Joined Feb 2007
3,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Barton View Post
Don't bother trying to read code from KK2 board - HK policy is to set fuses to protect the code...

+1, LOL I try every one I get just in case.

Kev
Truglodite is offline Find More Posts by Truglodite
Old Aug 08, 2012, 11:59 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabu32 View Post
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=26497

is this right?

what programmer do i need? is there a pinout diagram? will i really notice a difference from the plush esc's im using now?
These are the blue series, yes. Notice how they are blue, not red? These do not have the pads in a row so they are a bit harder to flash. These ones are the RED ones as per elm70 images above, and they have the pads in a row so much easier to flash. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...C_3A_UBEC.html

The 30 amps are backordered now but the 20 amps are in stock.

Not sure if they will be better than your Plush ESCs. Perhaps it won't be really noticeable. I really don't know, I never used Plush and I never used Simonk ESCs, either.

About 5 pages back or so, tech69 posted a video tutorial for flashing the above ESCs. It works. I followed the instructions and I managed to flash 4 ESCs tonight quite easily. I have not tried them yet, though.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:02 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays View Post
Great, I have all the tools but I've never actually tried to reflash ESCs... I'll take note of what you do...

Well, Sir, just follow the video posted by tech69 earlier and all should be fine. Easy peasy. I'll be installing them tomorrow for a test flight. I will report back on how they compare with my Skywalker non flashed ESCs.

Oh, and thanks to Tech69 for all the help.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:02 PM
Joined Apr 2007
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truglodite View Post
+1, LOL I try every one I get just in case.

Kev
I attempted to read the code using the eePe programmer for my transmitter, Turnigy9x/er9x. After setting the MCU to mcu328P and then adding the argument -F I was able to create a hex file. Either this was not a viable read operation or the file looks as if not much code resides on th board. I apologize if I'm way off base but my knowledge of programming and available resources is fairly limited.
gkovachi is offline Find More Posts by gkovachi
Last edited by gkovachi; Aug 08, 2012 at 12:26 PM. Reason: missing content
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:04 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post

You speak about this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...C_3A_UBEC.html

I order some few weeks ago, and I have some from over 1 years ago ... all are same with the 6 pin in the row ... the 20A is same as 30A ... just use different FET

This is a photo from the 30A, that is exactly as all my 20A :

Tchuss

e_lm_70

Are you color blind? LOL Thems are RED, dude.

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:08 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
945 Posts
New FW for the KK2.

CHANGES:

1: Removed: LCD contrast adjustment: Not necessary.

2: Removed: "I of PI" on/off mode: No practical use found.

3: Removed: I part of self-level: Does not work with slow reacting ACC.

4: Changed: default gains to 50/50/50 (roll/pitch/yaw) P-term, and 25, 25, 50 I-term.

5: Added: beep (short beep, 2 sec delay) when armed and throttle closed, for extra safety. Makes the KK2 a bit more noisy when armed so the user does not forget it is armed.

6: Added: longer arm/disarm beep.

7: Added: ACC trim. Use it to adjust self-level attitude, no need to recalibrate sensors. Adjust in "Self-level Settings" menu.

8: Added: factory reset.

9: Added: status messages on the "SAFE" screen. The KK2 will not arm unless it says "OK.". Error messages can only be reset by cycling the power, except for the "sensors not calibrated" message, which is reset after a successful sensor calibration. Error messages include lost RX connection.

10: Bug fix: wrong offset in flying wing mix table.

11: Changed: doubled self-level stick response. Let you have more control in self-level mode.

12: Added: CPPM (sum PPM) mode. Turned on/off in "Mode Settings" menu. Also the assignments of the CPPM channels can be changed in "CPPM Settings".

13: Added: Y4 and V-tail layout.

14: Added: shows battery voltage on the "SAFE" screen.

15: Added: lost aircraft alarm. Starts to beep (1 sec on and 4 sec off) after 30min of no activity (arm/disarm).

16: Added: LP filter on servo outputs. Adjust in "Misc. Settings". A good start value is 50.

17: Added: auto-disarm. The KK2 will disarm itself after 20 sec if throttle is at idle. For extra safety. Can be turned on/off in "Mode Settings" menu.

Download it below. You only need the "kk2.hex" file. The source is also included, with a license.

REMOVE PROPELLERS BEFORE FLASHING!!!11one0x31

(At least throw a blanket over the propellers if you are to lazy. )

Also check for correct operation before mounting the propellers.

Note that all settings is returned to default.

Have fun!
kapteinkuk is offline Find More Posts by kapteinkuk
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:09 PM
Joined Apr 2007
46 Posts
sorry for the miscue. I'm about as well versed in posting as I am in understanding how to read code. I used the programming software I had available for flashing my Turnigy/er9x transmitter which provides for a "read" function. I set the mcu for m328p and the argument -F. It appeared to read and I received a hex file which I can't decipher except for a bunch of F's. Next I'll try to figure out how to post this file ... it may mean something to someone.
gkovachi is offline Find More Posts by gkovachi
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:15 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
New FW for the KK2.

CHANGES:

1: Removed: LCD contrast adjustment: Not necessary.

2: Removed: "I of PI" on/off mode: No practical use found.

3: Removed: I part of self-level: Does not work with slow reacting ACC.

4: Changed: default gains to 50/50/50 (roll/pitch/yaw) P-term, and 25, 25, 50 I-term.

5: Added: beep (short beep, 2 sec delay) when armed and throttle closed, for extra safety. Makes the KK2 a bit more noisy when armed so the user does not forget it is armed.

6: Added: longer arm/disarm beep.

7: Added: ACC trim. Use it to adjust self-level attitude, no need to recalibrate sensors. Adjust in "Self-level Settings" menu.

8: Added: factory reset.

9: Added: status messages on the "SAFE" screen. The KK2 will not arm unless it says "OK.". Error messages can only be reset by cycling the power, except for the "sensors not calibrated" message, which is reset after a successful sensor calibration. Error messages include lost RX connection.

10: Bug fix: wrong offset in flying wing mix table.

11: Changed: doubled self-level stick response. Let you have more control in self-level mode.

12: Added: CPPM (sum PPM) mode. Turned on/off in "Mode Settings" menu. Also the assignments of the CPPM channels can be changed in "CPPM Settings".

13: Added: Y4 and V-tail layout.

14: Added: shows battery voltage on the "SAFE" screen.

15: Added: lost aircraft alarm. Starts to beep (1 sec on and 4 sec off) after 30min of no activity (arm/disarm).

16: Added: LP filter on servo outputs. Adjust in "Misc. Settings". A good start value is 50.

17: Added: auto-disarm. The KK2 will disarm itself after 20 sec if throttle is at idle. For extra safety. Can be turned on/off in "Mode Settings" menu.

Download it below. You only need the "kk2.hex" file. The source is also included, with a license.

REMOVE PROPELLERS BEFORE FLASHING!!!11one0x31

(At least throw a blanket over the propellers if you are to lazy. )

Also check for correct operation before mounting the propellers.

Note that all settings is returned to default.

Have fun!
Woah!!!! NIIIIICE!!!!

Awesome work. 3rd one arrived today, fourth one on the way.

Thank you, Sir.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,133 Posts
I just tried flashing KK2.hex with avrude but it did not work. It's getting the wrong signature and there's an error setting fuses. Is the KK flashtool not ready yet for this update?

Thanks,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:37 PM
Who put that tree there?!?!
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Jan 2011
428 Posts
Great.
jabu32 is online now Find More Posts by jabu32
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:41 PM
Quadcopter Addict
Joined Nov 2011
322 Posts
Any changes to the self-leveling algorithms other than the stick response change?

Thanks!
oddcopter is offline Find More Posts by oddcopter
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:44 PM
Joined Dec 2007
364 Posts
Thanks Rolf aka kapteinkuk a gold star hangs over the Gates for your effort!
Rotorhead0207 is offline Find More Posts by Rotorhead0207
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:10 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
New FW for the KK2...
Thank you very much for all the great changes and hard work Kaptein!!!
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose