HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2012, 01:40 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Yep. They are the ones I ordered. They shipped yesterday.

Chris
Wow

You have no experience on this product, and still you can post tons of virtual no sense in the forum just for disagree with me

These esc are excellent for price, but a pain in the a$$ if you put in a quad
After flash these are totally different

Anyhow ... do you know that rc gears by default works at 50hz, and kk2 boar works at 450hz .. only this should open your mind that not every esc will work fine in a quad

This does not mean you need to flash or buy flashed esc, there are esc born already capable to handle quad field
HK has a page with suggested esc for multirotor, mainly they suggest turnigy plush esc, that work almost as good as the fleshed esc, and works fine with high P gain

Tchuss

E_lm_70
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 01:54 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Wow

You have no experience on this product, and still you can post tons of virtual no sense in the forum just for disagree with me

Anyhow ... do you know that rc gears by default works at 50hz, and kk2 boar works at 450hz .. only this should open your mind that not every esc will work fine in a quad

This does not mean you need to flash or buy flashed esc, there are esc born already capable to handle quad field
HK has a page with suggested esc for multirotor, mainly they suggest turnigy plush esc, that work almost as good as the fleshed esc, and works fine with high P gain

Tchuss

E_lm_70
Why do you keep contradicting your self
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:04 AM
Australia, VIC, Geelong
Joined Dec 2010
28 Posts
hi all,

i need some help here, i have been using the kk2 now for a little bit and have my 500 size quad flying great with it, so good i fly the quad through the work shop avoiding lights work benches easy as! (i understand the PI tuning pretty well to) NTM motors, plush 18 speedies.....etc..

KK2 in my hexa is a diffrent story! i have a really nice hexa with tiger 650kv motors, plush 18 speedies and currently only 12x4.5 props. i get the hexa hovering nicely and stable at least 3 meters off the ground and the throttle seems to drop on its own and the hexa comes down, sometimes quite quickly. some times in flight the revs drop suddenly and the hexa jitters for just a moment? could this be speedies not suited to motors? i imagined a hex would just be some much more stable with the additional motors........hmmmmmmmm
pyrosamz is offline Find More Posts by pyrosamz
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:14 AM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrosamz View Post
hi all,

i need some help here, i have been using the kk2 now for a little bit and have my 500 size quad flying great with it, so good i fly the quad through the work shop avoiding lights work benches easy as! (i understand the PI tuning pretty well to) NTM motors, plush 18 speedies.....etc..

KK2 in my hexa is a diffrent story! i have a really nice hexa with tiger 650kv motors, plush 18 speedies and currently only 12x4.5 props. i get the hexa hovering nicely and stable at least 3 meters off the ground and the throttle seems to drop on its own and the hexa comes down, sometimes quite quickly. some times in flight the revs drop suddenly and the hexa jitters for just a moment? could this be speedies not suited to motors? i imagined a hex would just be some much more stable with the additional motors........hmmmmmmmm
Sounds like something odd is going on ... At a guess maybe P and I settings are a bit high ?, or more likely, there are some vibration issues.
kaz1104 is online now Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:17 AM
Australia, VIC, Geelong
Joined Dec 2010
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
Sounds like something odd is going on ... At a guess maybe P and I settings are a bit high ?, or more likely, there are some vibration issues.
good thinking, ill try a decent foam block, prehaps the vibration mesures i have arent as good as they should be.....cheers
pyrosamz is offline Find More Posts by pyrosamz
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:27 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,667 Posts
Quote:
Wow

No... I disagreed with you because you are blatantly wrong. You argued until you were blue in the face that:

A- It is necessary to flash ESCs on a multirotor. But as mentioned by tech69, now you're trying to explain that many ESCs do not need to be flashed. Guess what? That's what I've been telling you!!! Get your story straight. This is why tech69 is asking you why you contradict yourself so much.

B- You also argued vehemently that the default settings on the KK2 board should remain at 150 for P gain. Here's what you wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elm70
If kk2.0 need to be tricked with low gain, for esc not designed for multicopter, this should not be the default setting, else by default you assume people make cheap and wrong decisions
Did you not read what KapteinK said? He will lower the gain to 50 on the new firmware. That's one third of the current default settings you think are adequate. Again, I don't disagree with you for the sake of disagreeing. I disagree with you because you are wrong. When I said that the default settings on the KK2 were not good, you disagreed. You are wrong. When I said that it was not necessary to flash ESCs to fly a multirotor, you disagreed. You are wrong.
Quote:
Erm.... I actually plan to flash these ESCs.... Tech69 has been helping me so that I can hopefully flash these ESCs successfully. And if you actually read the posts in this thread, you would know that I bought these ESCs with the intention of flashing them because they are some of the easiest ESCs to flash.

Geez....

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:28 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
2,008 Posts
Quote:
Where does your figure of 450Hz come from ? Did you measure this ?

I measure 400Hz and this is confirmed by Rolf himself

Careful who you accuse: 'post tons of virtual no sense'
Mike Barton is offline Find More Posts by Mike Barton
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:32 AM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrosamz View Post
good thinking, ill try a decent foam block, prehaps the vibration mesures i have arent as good as they should be.....cheers
The best place to start is with balancing is the motors, then propellers. Foam may or may not help.
Simple things like cutting off exess motor shafts so that your collets sit right down onto the motor bell will often make a huge difference.
kaz1104 is online now Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:35 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Barton View Post
Where does your figure of 450Hz come from ? Did you measure this ?

I measure 400Hz and this is
Any idea what the rate was for the old KK boards?
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:37 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,667 Posts
Here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELM70
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine
Flashing the ESCs is a process that changes the ESCs programming. Calibration is necessary to get your quad to fly. Flashing is not necessary.

Best,
Chris
I can't disagree more
And now this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELM70
This does not mean you need to flash or buy flashed esc

Need I say more?

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:45 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
2,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
Any idea what the rate was for the old KK boards?
it's the software that determines the output rate, not the board.....

From memory:
Rolfs original code was 190Hz
'Improved' version was 290Hz (faster as it didn't bother reading the gain pots every cycle like the original)

I did a version which could do 495Hz (used Hardware PWM a la MWC) but some ESC's didn't like it .....
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:11 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Barton View Post
it's the software that determines the output rate, not the board.....

From memory:
Rolfs original code was 190Hz
'Improved' version was 290Hz (faster as it didn't bother reading the gain pots every cycle like the original)

I did a version which could do 495Hz (used Hardware PWM a la MWC) but some ESC's didn't like it .....
495Hz! Yeah I could see why that would be a problem, you are sending out a pulse every 2.02ms that can have up to a 2ms duration, so that's .02ms space between the pulses!
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:19 AM
Indonesia, Jakarta Capital Region, Djakarta
Joined Apr 2007
444 Posts
For what is worth i agree with Chris, it just reflect my learning curve as a beginner quad pilot. Using el-cheapo esc is not a "disaster" at least not in my experience.

BTW , Can anyone confirm that recent Plush 18 and 30 esc is still using Atmel not silab chip?
rizky_p is online now Find More Posts by rizky_p
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:22 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizky_p View Post
Can anyone confirm that recent Plush 18 and 30 esc is still using Atmel not silab chip?
Go here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...jU1YzdBQkZZRlE
Or here and ask time cop
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post22377504
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Last edited by tech69x; Aug 07, 2012 at 03:25 AM. Reason: More info
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:22 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
2,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
495Hz! Yeah I could see why that would be a problem, you are sending out a pulse every 2.02ms that can have up to a 2ms duration, so that's .02ms space between the pulses!
going a bit <OT> here but:
Sure, but this is what MWC does.
You're assuming that the full pulse range is utilised ie the full 2ms, but you can limit the on-pulse to say 1.9ms so there's a bigger gap.