SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 02, 2012, 03:38 PM
KD4KW
United States, FL, Tallahassee
Joined Jul 2009
65 Posts
Hi KK, I am happier than a pig in slop with my KK2 board. I have nothing to complain about. Everything is good.
Thanks man.
Kd4Kw is offline Find More Posts by Kd4Kw
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 03:52 PM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,658 Posts
settings starting with channel #1. All channels have offset-0, type-esc and rate-high

thrt: 100
ail: 50
ele: 87
rud: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr360 View Post
it's a hexa "X" and I dont know the original settings now that I messed with them so much. Is there a default stting, reset?
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:02 PM
manchester in uk
Joined Jan 2008
204 Posts
Same here
It took abit getting used to the board once i got my 10" quad x mode flying around i was in heaven super fast on 3s lipos screaming around the sky i don't use auto level to fly i'am not one for standing in a field watching my quad hover,i like to go fast and fly hard.
Still a great board can't fault it having said that a removable lcd screen would be a nice idea.
I'am working on 330/450 size for acro, this time flashed esc's and good motor setup .
jools
good work KK
rampage ds is offline Find More Posts by rampage ds
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:18 PM
Croatia, Osijek-Baranja County, Valpovo
Joined Jul 2011
389 Posts
wind test

Tested on the wind and not big problem, maybe gains was little to high for wind but still flyable.

quadcopter X666 high wind test (5 min 47 sec)

and calm day same settings

quadcopter X666 6 ping pong (12 min 8 sec)
srepfler is offline Find More Posts by srepfler
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:57 PM
multi rotors,foamies,car lover
Joined Dec 2008
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba1 View Post
Here's a short vid of my quadcopters first flight with kk2.0,seems really stable.
only thing i found was it likes to drop a bit too quick when i back off the throttle a little.,any ideas anyone?
thanks for watching.jabba.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA18q...1&feature=plcp
go to stick scaling menu if your quad is to fast for you and set it to 30 and the trottle at 60 so you will learn easier
windfou is offline Find More Posts by windfou
Old Aug 02, 2012, 06:16 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays View Post
Personally I believe it is always best to calibrate ESCs manually...
I think that was the idea, Rolf kind of made it hard, via the FC. Manual ESC tuning from the throttle port on the receiver is pretty standard, it's always a good idea to have your frame, motor, prop all nicely tuned before you introduce a flight controller. I like your idea of the Y split cable to them all at once. Must try it. I normally just do one at a time.

Quote:
it's a hexa "X" and I dont know the original settings now that I messed with them so much. Is there a default stting, reset?
Read page 4 of the manual for the defaults.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Last edited by Erknie; Aug 02, 2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 06:40 PM
Penticton, B.C.
Joined Jun 2004
688 Posts
Quote:
I was having a hell of a go with the kk2.0 on a dji hex frame.

I dropped the i to 0 as suggested, then started tinkering with the p gain

(i'm no expert on the p i gain and limits by any means but i fake my way thru them .. lol )

So i dropped the i to 0 on rudder and ail/elev as suggested earlier in the thread.

Then i started dropping the p numbers to see if i could get the hex stable. All over the map and way down to low 15-20 numbers. It was getting better but still had some spooky built in.

Gave the props a good balancing

So as i was going up and down and up and down on p setting for the linked ail/ele , i was seeing some progress ( modest but progress) once i got down to the 20-30 range.

Then i got it so it could be flown .. sorta so i moved onto the rudder.

It really came around once i dropped the rudder p levels to similar to the ail/ele.

So when you start dropping p levels do them all.

here;s where im at

ail/ele

p-40
pl-100 default
i-20
il - 20 default

rudder

p-45
pl - 20
i - 5
il - 10

Keep in mind i ran out of power tinkering with i numbers , so there guesses at this point.

So with the default rudder settings of 150 combined with ail/ele of 20 were causing issues.

non expert question :

Do those numbers look good ?

I watched a vid where the guy stated the default setting on a hex were 'good' (guys running a quad would need to drop a bit). Possible i got a different version with high numbers default ?
Then i watched another vid and he had his hex going good and mentioned he was in the 20-30 ballpark and it was great.

Hope this ramble is of some help

Martin
rcmarty is offline Find More Posts by rcmarty
Old Aug 02, 2012, 06:41 PM
Penticton, B.C.
Joined Jun 2004
688 Posts
HK files tab has a printout with default values on the last page

Martin
rcmarty is offline Find More Posts by rcmarty
Old Aug 02, 2012, 06:47 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Carmichael, CA
Joined Feb 2007
3,521 Posts
Does setting up your tx so the "rx test page" is all -100/0/100 make the KK2 input and output pulse widths identical, or something? I'm trying to understand esc calibration methods.

Kev
Truglodite is offline Find More Posts by Truglodite
Old Aug 02, 2012, 07:07 PM
Joined Dec 2007
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmarty View Post
I was having a hell of a go with the kk2.0 on a dji hex frame.

I dropped the i to 0 as suggested, then started tinkering with the p gain

(i'm no expert on the p i gain and limits by any means but i fake my way thru them .. lol )

So i dropped the i to 0 on rudder and ail/elev as suggested earlier in the thread.

Then i started dropping the p numbers to see if i could get the hex stable. All over the map and way down to low 15-20 numbers. It was getting better but still had some spooky built in.

Gave the props a good balancing

So as i was going up and down and up and down on p setting for the linked ail/ele , i was seeing some progress ( modest but progress) once i got down to the 20-30 range.

Then i got it so it could be flown .. sorta so i moved onto the rudder.

It really came around once i dropped the rudder p levels to similar to the ail/ele.

So when you start dropping p levels do them all.

here;s where im at

ail/ele

p-40
pl-100 default
i-20
il - 20 default

rudder

p-45
pl - 20
i - 5
il - 10

Keep in mind i ran out of power tinkering with i numbers , so there guesses at this point.

So with the default rudder settings of 150 combined with ail/ele of 20 were causing issues.

non expert question :

Do those numbers look good ?

I watched a vid where the guy stated the default setting on a hex were 'good' (guys running a quad would need to drop a bit). Possible i got a different version with high numbers default ?
Then i watched another vid and he had his hex going good and mentioned he was in the 20-30 ballpark and it was great.

Hope this ramble is of some help

Martin
on my hexacopter I'm running on the
Aileron and Elevator
P 30
Limit 100
I 11
Limit 20

Rudder
P 150
Limit 20
I 50
Limit 10

this one flies great 930 Kv motors 10x4.7 props 30 amp ZTW esc's 600 frame and arms. ESC's not flashed. I don't have the self level set, I might after Rolf gets the new firmware update
Rotorhead0207 is offline Find More Posts by Rotorhead0207
Last edited by Rotorhead0207; Aug 02, 2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 07:42 PM
Joined May 2010
335 Posts
kk2 hexa maiden

hexa kk2 (5 min 14 sec)
bigbro3760 is offline Find More Posts by bigbro3760
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:48 PM
C'mon Man!
United States, TX, Denton
Joined Jul 2012
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays View Post
When you say "the same thing" do you mean that you destroyed your own KK2 by plugging a LiPo battery source into the piezo buzzer output? Because that's what he did, and I would *bet* that the same thing has happened to a few other manual-shy people...
The same thing as in the LCD backlight being the only thing coming on. I had the power in the correct pins (ESC1) the entire time.
georgez is online now Find More Posts by georgez
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:58 PM
C'mon Man!
United States, TX, Denton
Joined Jul 2012
181 Posts
After reading about ESC calibration, I now have a question. If I program my ESC's individualy via a programming card, do i still have to do the ESC calibration through the KK2?
georgez is online now Find More Posts by georgez
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 02, 2012, 10:12 PM
United States, MA, Sturbridge
Joined Jun 2008
1,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgez View Post
After reading about ESC calibration, I now have a question. If I program my ESC's individualy via a programming card, do i still have to do the ESC calibration through the KK2?
You still need to calibrate the throttle range.
slowjett is offline Find More Posts by slowjett
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:14 PM
Joined Mar 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
OK, I have some pictures that I think will make Kapteinkunk cringe. Don't laugh, gentlemen, this is what happens when you let me alone with my toys and my tools.

As you will soon find out, electronics isn't my forte. Anyways... Since KK mentioned that the voltage on the test pads should be around 5 volts, I figured this is what I needed to have on the LCD for it to start working again. I tested the voltage on the LCD and it was below 3, just like my previous tests on the test pad. So I decided to try something. I removed the LCD and I powered it up directly to the ESCs where I have around 5 volts. hehehe... The LCD went bright for a second then it went really dim. Result: Fail.

So here's the pictures of my handywork. You'll be proud of me, KK.

So... Erm.... Do you guys think Hobby King would replace this one?

Chris
Those pins are for the led backlight, not the lcd itself.
tacitapproval is online now Find More Posts by tacitapproval