SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:04 PM
Joined Jul 2012
5 Posts
Ok... I pulled the lcd from the board and re-inserted nice and snug and still no txt on the LCD. BUMMER!! I think it is screwed... What about returning these boards to HK for a refund, since many others are getting hosed in the same fashion? Obviously a bug that needs attention asap. Anyone else going to go through the hassle of this or should I just move on? I am not going to re-order the KK2 and give them another 30 bucks if it is a 50/50 shot of the board working and a month long wait to get the damn thing.
graham12367 is offline Find More Posts by graham12367
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:17 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by graham12367 View Post
Ok... I pulled the lcd from the board and re-inserted nice and snug and still no txt on the LCD. BUMMER!! I think it is screwed... What about returning these boards to HK for a refund, since many others are getting hosed in the same fashion? Obviously a bug that needs attention asap. Anyone else going to go through the hassle of this or should I just move on? I am not going to re-order the KK2 and give them another 30 bucks if it is a 50/50 shot of the board working and a month long wait to get the damn thing.
For me it would be quick and easy to ship it back to HK since I'm in Taiwan. I'm looking at about 2$ to ship this back to them. Not kidding. Mail is cheap in Taiwan. I shipped some FPV receivers to the US yesterday and the cost for shipping a small box was under 7$.

Though I do feel it wasn't very rugged, I don't feel right about returning mine because it broke in a crash.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:27 PM
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Jan 2004
454 Posts
I have 2 KK2.0 boards and both have worked without issue. I crashed my turnigy micro quad over the asphalt (HK spektrum rx failed over the street..) so hard it crushed the cage and bent half of the pins on the kk2 board's motor outputs, but it still works flawlessly.

As with anything, we don't hear much from the folks who don't have problems with them, I think.
pbmax is offline Find More Posts by pbmax
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:56 PM
Who put that tree there?!?!
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Jan 2011
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Look at the video I posted above. That's with 110 on the stick scaling for pitch and roll. It's aggressive though. I never go full stick to flip it with 110. It will easily pull triple flips at 110. You can start at around 80 and increase if it flips too slow for you, or if you like to be able to flip closer to center stick like me.

Best,
Chris
what is the correct way to flip. i have the x525 frame with 1100kv motors and plush 30A. i run 3s 2200 lipos
jabu32 is offline Find More Posts by jabu32
Old Aug 01, 2012, 01:18 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabu32 View Post
what is the correct way to flip. i have the x525 frame with 1100kv motors and plush 30A. i run 3s 2200 lipos

Check out this page. http://vimeo.com/search?q=Warthox+sticks Look at the videos by Warthox. That guy flies quads divinely. He has some videos showing stick movements for acrobatics. In a nutshell, you need to invoking a flip or a roll with the cyclic stick while reducing throttle when inverted. With enough altitude, you can keep a constant throttle with about 80 for stick scaling on the KK2. But you'll find that it will flip much faster if you release the throttle when the quad goes inverted. Depends if you want to do a quick flip or a large loop.

If you're going to do that, get spare parts. You'll need them. I broke one arm on my quad today, and 4 props. In fact, I rarely go through a flying session practicing acrobatics without breaking props. I'm improving, though.

Have fun!

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 01, 2012, 01:42 PM
KISS
Joined Oct 2009
1,199 Posts
This is the sudden drop i was referring to. Quad was hovering and without any input from the stick just started to wobble.
10th second
Quadcopter KK2.0 sudden drop (0 min 18 sec)

Any ideas why is it losing altitude like this?
hefest is offline Find More Posts by hefest
Last edited by hefest; Aug 01, 2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old Aug 01, 2012, 02:56 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,144 Posts
Being down sucks! I'm gonna buy enough replacements to build two or three quads!! Waiting for HobbyKing orders :/ that's another noob tip for you.
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Aug 01, 2012, 03:00 PM
Joined Jul 2012
5 Posts
Ok... just got back from a local hobby shop and I learned so many new things. I will go ahead and take the fall for the board not working due to my lack of knowledge and also the fact that this board needs better instructions or the instructions need to be more intuitive. For instance... the 2 prong connection at the top right of the board is for the horn/ signal beeper/ pc speaker/ PEIZO!! Now I know a Peizo is!! A horn or where you attach the little speaker for the signal tones when setting up configuration.

Now I know this is NOT where you hook up power from the two prong connection on the HK power distribution board they hype up with the product. SO... when I hooked up my 11.1 v battery to the power distribution board which was connected to the KK2 via cable to the top right 2 prong peizo... that's right folks... you guessed it.. I blew the board with almost 12volts when it only calls for 5.

I will wear the dumb ass cap for a bit due to my F up, BUT please make the instructions or manuals more logical and intuitive for for beginners, novices and experts for that matter.

I am going to order a new KK2 board from a US based online hobby shop and pay the extra 10 bucks and have it shipped to me in a couple days. I had an expert quad flyer and builder tell me at The local hobby shop said that the KK2 board is solid as a rock and very stable.. not the best for FPV, but great for aerial and level flying line of sight view. He said for me to mention this on the forums, because he thinks that many folks might be doing the same thing and burning out their boards with the first plug in of the battery.
Last edited by graham12367; Aug 01, 2012 at 03:55 PM. Reason: dropping shop names
Old Aug 01, 2012, 03:27 PM
multi rotors,foamies,car lover
Joined Dec 2008
1,449 Posts
remove
windfou is offline Find More Posts by windfou
Last edited by windfou; Aug 01, 2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old Aug 01, 2012, 03:54 PM
Joined Jul 2012
5 Posts
Is that editing job any better? Remove.. remove what?
Old Aug 01, 2012, 03:59 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by graham12367 View Post
Ok... just got back from a local hobby shop and I learned so many new things. I will go ahead and take the fall for the board not working due to my lack of knowledge and also the fact that this board needs better instructions or the instructions need to be more intuitive. For instance... the 2 prong connection at the top right of the board is for the horn/ signal beeper/ pc speaker/ PEIZO!! Now I know a Peizo is!! A horn or where you attach the little speaker for the signal tones when setting up configuration.

Now I know this is NOT where you hook up power from the two prong connection on the HK power distribution board they hype up with the product. SO... when I hooked up my 11.1 v battery to the power distribution board which was connected to the KK2 via cable to the top right 2 prong peizo... that's right folks... you guessed it.. I blew the board with almost 12volts when it only calls for 5.

I will wear the dumb ass cap for a bit due to my F up, BUT please make the instructions or manuals more logical and intuitive for for beginners, novices and experts for that matter.

I am going to order a new KK2 board from a US based online hobby shop and pay the extra 10 bucks and have it shipped to me in a couple days. I had an expert quad flyer and builder tell me at The local hobby shop that the KK2 board is solid as a rock and very stable.. not the best for FPV, but great for aerial and level flying line of sight view. He said for me to mention this on the forums, because he thinks that many folks might be doing the same thing and burning out their boards with the first plug in of the battery.
I am sorry for your mess-up but all of the connections are stated in the manual that is posted under the files tab for the product on the HK website. It does point out Piezo output.
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:27 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefest View Post
This is the sudden drop i was referring to. Quad was hovering and without any input from the stick just started to wobble.
10th second
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmUUlIFm4eE
Any ideas why is it losing altitude like this?
Wow, you have more vibrations then on my totally unbalanced quad

Do I see right, that you fly next two a sort of hill?

If around your quad is not flat land, a wind can cause to gain a louse altitude

Tchuss

E_lm_70
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:35 PM
Croatia
Joined Jul 2007
117 Posts
Old and new board orientation

I just went to replace my HK KK 1 board with new one, when suddenly I realise that two boards have different orientations in regards to forward direction. Is it really so or it's just my beer kicked in and I imagine it?

If this this true I have quite a work in front of me to rework quad layout and it's not something I had in mind

Thx.
Ivan
ikorman is offline Find More Posts by ikorman
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:36 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2010
769 Posts
My opinion for what its worth,I think HobbyKing have been overwelmed by the success of the KK2,and have had to increase production to keep up with demand,hence now we are seeing a quality issue's,also will we see a FW upgrade or will it be KK3,whats other people's thought on this,your's,Marty.
NEAGRON is offline Find More Posts by NEAGRON
Old Aug 01, 2012, 05:04 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikorman View Post
I just went to replace my HK KK 1 board with new one, when suddenly I realise that two boards have different orientations in regards to forward direction. Is it really so or it's just my beer kicked in and I imagine it?

If this this true I have quite a work in front of me to rework quad layout and it's not something I had in mind

Thx.
Ivan
I think with the kk2 mixing, and tx mixing, you may solve the wrong orientation issue

On my quad was more easy to rotate 45deg the kk2 board compared to the kk1

Tchuss

E_lm_70
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70