SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 01, 2012, 09:23 AM
Slovenia
Joined Jun 2008
80 Posts
Is voltage alarm limited to an S amount of cells? I will use 4S batteries.
Paps1984 is offline Find More Posts by Paps1984
Last edited by Paps1984; Aug 02, 2012 at 02:35 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2012, 09:28 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paps1984 View Post
I don't think there is any real limit on the voltage to be applied (clearly over 100v can may cause some arm )

I guess there is a voltage divider (2 resistor in series) ... that bring down the voltage in the maximum value of 3.3 range

Not knowing the code, nor the PCB design ... only some reverse engineering can tell what is the limit ... but I think even 6S or 10S should be supported.

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Aug 01, 2012, 09:54 AM
Joined Feb 2003
3,755 Posts
Is there a link with pictures of the motor/prop layout and the board orientation anywhere? I've searched and I believe that for a quad X config the motors are #1 front left, #2 front right, #3 back right, #4 back left. #1 and #3 clockwise prop rotation and #2 and #4 counter clockwise prop rotation (looking down from top). The manual says LCD forward and buttons rear.

Can someone confirm the above is correct for a Quad in X config?
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron
Old Aug 01, 2012, 09:55 AM
Slovenia
Joined Jun 2008
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnaron View Post
is there a link with pictures of the motor/prop layout and the board orientation anywhere? I've searched and i believe that for a quad x config the motors are #1 front left, #2 front right, #3 back right, #4 back left. #1 and #3 clockwise prop rotation and #2 and #4 counter clockwise prop rotation (looking down from top). The manual says lcd forward and buttons rear.

Can someone confirm the above is correct for a quad in x config?
m1 cw
m2 ccw
m3 cw
m4 ccw

But if you go to Show Motor Layout on your KK menu, you can see how you need to setup the motors.
Paps1984 is offline Find More Posts by Paps1984
Last edited by Paps1984; Aug 02, 2012 at 02:36 AM.
Old Aug 01, 2012, 10:18 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
1,986 Posts
Quote:
Aref voltage is 2.45V
the divider network gives 11:1, so max measurable voltage is 2.45 x 11 = 26.95V

so should cater for upto and including 6S (25.2V)
Mike Barton is offline Find More Posts by Mike Barton
Old Aug 01, 2012, 10:38 AM
Joined Feb 2003
3,755 Posts
Quote:
m1 cw
m2 ccw
m3 cw
m4 ccw

But if you go to Show Motor Layout on your KK menu, you can see how you need to setup the motors.
Thanks...still waiting for my controller to arrive.
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron
Old Aug 01, 2012, 10:48 AM
Joined Jul 2012
5 Posts
KK2 board DOA!!

I just waited a complete month to get all of my supplies in from HK for my quad build. The issue is with the new KK2 board. The LCD is blank when powered up. I read the Q&A about the bug, but I still have nothing. I even tried to reset the contrast and still just a blank LCD that is light in the background, but no txt. I have taken the board to 2 hobby shops in town with some very good techs checking out the board. They all seem to think it is a bad board period.

Any suggestions on what I should do here? I have never tried to return products back to HK and I have been told that it isn't a pleasant experience. Should I just eat the board and order a new one hoping for a product that works? Should I just move on and go with a better board?

I can't say I am very pleased to say the least. I am just trying to build a quadcopter that is AFFORDABLE for the common man and still a blast to fly and easy to learn with. I have noticed that the main cost of a multirotor is the Nav board usually. I have another quad with a naza box on board and it is a dream to setup and fly. This should be expected at a whopping 230 dollar price tag. I have faith in the KK2 board though, as I have seen it's performance and this prompted me to buy it so quickly.

Do the motors and receiver need to be plugged in correctly in order for the txt to appear? This is my last guess... but then again I have no way of knowing the motor layout for a x quad.
graham12367 is offline Find More Posts by graham12367
Last edited by graham12367; Aug 01, 2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: added more txt
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:01 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEAGRON View Post
Hi Chris,sorry i dont have anything to test this with,your eyes must be better than my old 60yr ones,Marty.
I have the tester but not sure which soldering points to test. Plus, if it turns out that a resistor is bad, this is too small for my soldering skills. I think I'm just going to give this one away to someone who has the skills to recycle some of it, or fix it. My resistors seem intact visually.

On a different note, Taiwan called a national closure for tomorrow due to typhoon. Crazy wind kicking in on and off, here, today. Here's a flight video of my DJI F330 running the KK2.

DJI F330 crash in my doghouse (7 min 47 sec)

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:11 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by graham12367 View Post
I just waited a complete month to get all of my supplies in from HK for my quad build. The issue is with the new KK2 board. The LCD is blank when powered up. I read the Q&A about the bug, but I still have nothing. I even tried to reset the contrast and still just a blank LCD that is light in the background, but no txt. I have taken the board to 2 hobby shops in town with some very good techs checking out the board. They all seem to think it is a bad board period.

Any suggestions on what I should do here? I have never tried to return products back to HK and I have been told that it isn't a pleasant experience. Should I just eat the board and order a new one hoping for a product that works? Should I just move on and go with a better board?

I can't say I am very pleased to say the least. I am just trying to build a quadcopter that is AFFORDABLE for the common man and still a blast to fly and easy to learn with. I have noticed that the main cost of a multirotor is the Nav board usually. I have another quad with a naza box on board and it is a dream to setup and fly. This should be expected at a whopping 230 dollar price tag. I have faith in the KK2 board though, as I have seen it's performance and this prompted me to buy it so quickly.
My limited experience tells me that the older version KK is far more reliable and it's half the price of the KK2. The KK2 flies nicer and is a tad easier to setup, but it does strike me that too many people are having LCD display issues so it's a bit of a gamble, I'd say. I'm guessing the design is good, but there might be isues with quality control on the production line. Hopefully this is addressed before the KK2 boards end up with a bad rep for the many faulty LCDs. I crashed mine so I can't "really" complain about it, but man, I crashed some of my older KK boards way more often and way harder and I never broke one. I don't think it's bad luck I broke mine, I think they have reliability issues.

Anyways, I have an almost new KK 5.5 blackboard up for sale in the classifieds for 15$ shipped. I can flash it for you with whatever config you like so this would be even easier to setup than the KK2.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:21 AM
Who put that tree there?!?!
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Jan 2011
346 Posts
how should i adjust stick scaling to be able to flip and roll?
jabu32 is online now Find More Posts by jabu32
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:25 AM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,281 Posts
Quote:

Do the motors and receiver need to be plugged in correctly in order for the txt to appear? This is my last guess... but then again I have no way of knowing the motor layout for a x quad.
I wonder if it's just the LCD cable that connects it to the board is loose or not properly connected. Someone in this thread posted how to remove the lcd.
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:29 AM
Joined Jul 2012
5 Posts
Good point rcjose.. I will check that out right now. I am computer repair tech, so this shouldn't be an issue as I repair lcd screens for laptops often. Thanks for all info everyone so far.. much appreciated
graham12367 is offline Find More Posts by graham12367
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:30 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabu32 View Post
how should i adjust stick scaling to be able to flip and roll?

Look at the video I posted above. That's with 110 on the stick scaling for pitch and roll. It's aggressive though. I never go full stick to flip it with 110. It will easily pull triple flips at 110. You can start at around 80 and increase if it flips too slow for you, or if you like to be able to flip closer to center stick like me.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:31 AM
Athens, Greece
Joined Sep 2001
1,118 Posts
Hi.
I just setup my tri with the kk2 board and it flies very well except the yaw axis. I cant make the servo stop oscillating. i tryie yaw gain from 50 to 200 all with the same oscillations.
when i hold it on my hand it filters some vibrations and it is behaving. My props are balanced and no excessive vibration it present. Any way around this?
Thanks
tigar is offline Find More Posts by tigar
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:32 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,603 Posts
Quote:
Good point rcjose.. I will check that out right now. I am computer repair tech, so this shouldn't be an issue as I repair lcd screens for laptops often. Thanks for all info everyone so far.. much appreciated

Please do tell if you figure it out. There's a few of us in the same boat as you, sir.

Chris
Site Sponsor