HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:05 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashed22 View Post
Sounds like you hit the nail on the head. Frame is all wood, about 300-320cm, with 1300kv motors. Interesting part is that it is just opposite from the multiwii, it liked the foam mount better. Agreed, have to experiment...
MultiWii is highly configurable with countless options including LPF to dampen sensor noise. Also MultiWii is not a board, it's just software, so your results will vary for the board you choose to run it on. eg. the type and placement of the gyros, board material, weight, and thickness etc. will determine what vibrations frequencies the sensors respond to.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Last edited by Erknie; Jul 31, 2012 at 08:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:13 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashed22 View Post
Sounds like you hit the nail on the head. Frame is all wood, about 300-320cm, with 1300kv motors. Interesting part is that it is just opposite from the multiwii, it liked the foam mount better. Agreed, have to experiment...
From my understanding i believe wood is better at dampening low frequency vibrations.
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:26 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
From my understanding i believe wood is better at dampening low frequency vibrations.
Nope, think piano, guitar, cello. They transmit low frequencies just fine. It's the type of wood that determines the vibration resonance frequencies.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Jul 31, 2012, 09:14 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
Nope, think piano, guitar, cello. They transmit low frequencies just fine. It's the type of wood that determines the vibration resonance frequencies.
Poplar I know is popular for quads.
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Aug 01, 2012, 01:31 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truglodite View Post
Tchuss, did you hear the motors lose sync, esc's reset, or anything other sounds that may be out of the norm? There was some extra movement just before the apparent failure. If there's an intermittent connection, that movement could have forced it to act up. Just a guess, but saturation might be the condition where the FC corrections reach their limits (this is adjustable... forget exactly where).

+1 on what Del-Dredd mentioned. I also noted poor soldering craftsmanship on my KK2; they pins are all 15* out of square with the PCB. I'm using the far from elegant 5 full male harnesses approach, so it's no biggie for me. If you're using harnesses across, I'd separate them to make sure all the pins are fully seated.

Kev
The quad is the MicroQuad PNF from HobbyKing, with integrated PCB ... I don't believe it has any weak soldering.

ESC that get out of sync with motor, is possible, but then it will happen quite often, not just once in 1 hour of total fly.

Anyhow, maybe better don't speculated on what was the problem ... it did happen only once .... so it a rare situation ... but I would like know when this "saturated" message it happen ... and eventually which configuration may help to avoid it in the future.

This crash was a lucky one ... no damage at all ... next time I can totally destroy my quad, including the KK2 board ... so ... I would just like to know if I can avoid it.

As well .. my guess is that maybe also other have seen this "saturated" message ... so it could be interesting to share the situation.

Personally I did seen it other 2 time ... once 1 a propeller flown away (I was using a different propeller that was not fully sticked on the shaft) , and the other time was when a glued back propeller did flown away ... so ... it sound to me that the saturated message happen when the board is no anymore able to control the quad .... maybe in the video of the crash, the combination of extra power plus stabilization since some ESC was hitting the maximum signal, was not anymore capable to control ... but ... gave up ... and sink ... for me is a little bug .... still ... if this is a problem ... then I should just trip my TX to never use near full power on the throttle

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Aug 01, 2012, 01:49 AM
Romania, Europe
Joined Aug 2009
282 Posts
Mr KK !!!!!!!!!!, please give us the new FW...............with noise filtering capability...........I am sure that I am ,,lost" here with my flying wing between copters but I am sure that there are many people outhere who bought your board for fixed wing operation............
I am just sit and watch my FPV rig and see how the summer goes away..........
Thanks
serjuro is offline Find More Posts by serjuro
Old Aug 01, 2012, 02:20 AM
Indonesia, Jakarta Capital Region, Djakarta
Joined Apr 2007
473 Posts
How does Auto-level in KK2 compares to Multiwii autolevels?

thanks.
rizky_p is online now Find More Posts by rizky_p
Old Aug 01, 2012, 02:48 AM
Latvia
Joined Oct 2006
312 Posts
For me the best autolevel is with Multiwii code!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizky_p View Post
How does Auto-level in KK2 compares to Multiwii autolevels?

thanks.
Guntars is offline Find More Posts by Guntars
Old Aug 01, 2012, 05:07 AM
Romania, Europe
Joined Aug 2009
282 Posts
Hi folks,
As I don't get help and answers to often here, I tried to isolate my problem.
I"ve taken the KK2 board from the flying wing and place it on a stable table.
The result ? : even with the board perfectly still and not affected by any movement/vibrations, the 2 elevons are still jittering like hell...........so the problem is not the feedback felt by the board from the normal movement of the servos....
Now I wait to see if mr.KK has an answer for this one........LOL
Old Aug 01, 2012, 05:35 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serjuro View Post
Hi folks,
As I don't get help and answers to often here, I tried to isolate my problem.
I"ve taken the KK2 board from the flying wing and place it on a stable table.
The result ? : even with the board perfectly still and not affected by any movement/vibrations, the 2 elevons are still jittering like hell...........so the problem is not the feedback felt by the board from the normal movement of the servos....
Now I wait to see if mr.KK has an answer for this one........LOL
Did you calibrate the sensor?

When you test the gyro.accelerometr, via kk2.0 display, do you read floating number, or fix one?
Old Aug 01, 2012, 05:41 AM
Romania, Europe
Joined Aug 2009
282 Posts
Yes, I have calibrated the sensors by placing the kk board on a level certified table.
The sensor test show floating numbers am all gyros and ACC's......
Old Aug 01, 2012, 06:10 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,909 Posts
Quote:
Yes, I have calibrated the sensors by placing the kk board on a level certified table.
The sensor test show floating numbers am all gyros and ACC's......
This means your kk2 board sense some movement from your table ... maybe there are some ghost or some earthquakes

Try to calibrate it again, it should not only store the level position, but as well set the noise level

Tchuss

E_lm_70
Old Aug 01, 2012, 06:42 AM
Romania, Europe
Joined Aug 2009
282 Posts
OK, I have made a calibration again, but the ACC values on that table before calibration were still moving a little bit.........
Now I've tried again and the jitter-wobble is still there. Please notice that with the craft put stable and motionless on a surface, there are only a small ,,normal" jitter present from the digital servos.
The random movement/big jitters are present only when I move the sticks on my TX or I hold the flying wing in my hand and simulate windy conditions.....
Old Aug 01, 2012, 07:08 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,909 Posts
Quote:
OK, I have made a calibration again, but the ACC values on that table before calibration were still moving a little bit.........
Now I've tried again and the jitter-wobble is still there. Please notice that with the craft put stable and motionless on a surface, there are only a small ,,normal" jitter present from the digital servos.
The random movement/big jitters are present only when I move the sticks on my TX or I hold the flying wing in my hand and simulate windy conditions.....
So, if it is not a wrong acc or gyro reading ... then... is a little bug in the code

The littel jitter on a esc may not have any real impact

On a servo it can eventually burn or overheat a servo motor
It could be also a limit of the digital servo, maybe they dont like 450hz

In wing mode the kk2 should go in 50 or 100hz mode ... but ...

Only the kapitan may know well

If source code would be open, then everybody could check

In my experience playing with some attiny and servo, with 8 bit timers ... I found out that read the servo signal and send it out, without any jitter problem was not a trivial task ... but with 16bit timers and higher cpu mhz it should be much more easy

Tchuss

E_lm_70

Ps: for my bird/wing I have a gluonpilot board, mainly a uav board, is top off class on my view, but not cheap at all
Old Aug 01, 2012, 08:34 AM
Joined May 2012
89 Posts
Hi,
I have done the following step to reset the contrast on my KK2 LCD board and it seems that
nothing is happening.I have tried couple of time to do the reset to get the contrast back but without any luck.
Any other way to get my board contrast back.
Thanks,
Aeror
Q: I accidentally adjusted the contrast such that I cannot read the screen now.
Does anyone know how to do a reset to default contrast?
A: Turn the KK2 off and on again.
push button 4
push button 3 (four times )
push button 4
push button 3
push button 4
push button 1
push button 3 (36 times)
push button 4
AeroR is offline Find More Posts by AeroR