HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 31, 2012, 09:44 AM
manchester in uk
Joined Jan 2008
204 Posts
kk2 arming

Hi folks
Had first flight today great
when i changed to a new lipo 2s i can't arm the quad by sticks anymore the first flight i could,so ended up arming by pressing the board buttons instead.
help please..
rampage ds is offline Find More Posts by rampage ds
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:44 AM
manchester in uk
Joined Jan 2008
204 Posts
got it sorted out trims
rampage ds is offline Find More Posts by rampage ds
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:25 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
there is no error messages on the LCD.

You may have encountered the settling with power problem.

Post the video.
Here is the video:
Turnigy Integrated PCB Micro-Quad with KK2 board - The saturated Crash (1 min 11 sec)

What does means when saturated is shown on the display ?
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:27 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2010
802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
Does the LED flash once when powering up?
Hi KK,when I connect power to the board the led comes on but there is no writting on it,just a blank screen,your's,Marty.
NEAGRON is online now Find More Posts by NEAGRON
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:31 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2010
802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Did you test the resistance? Man if you can't tell, then I'll definitely need a magnifying glass. My eyes are really bad up close. I can hardly read the date on my watch.

Best,
Chris
Hi Chris,sorry i dont have anything to test this with,your eyes must be better than my old 60yr ones,Marty.
NEAGRON is online now Find More Posts by NEAGRON
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:35 PM
KISS
Joined Oct 2009
1,220 Posts
Strange behaviour.
When trimmed in autolevel mode its flying solidly, when i turn off autolevel it banks to the left, a lot. Any ideas?
hefest is online now Find More Posts by hefest
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:04 PM
Deutschland, BW, Sankt Georgen
Joined Jun 2011
11 Posts
My copter spins around its own axis much what I must change the values ​​he is not so much concentration

thank you
wilari is offline Find More Posts by wilari
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:36 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faIbh4vnuEg

What does means when saturated is shown on the display ?
That was death roll
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Jul 31, 2012, 05:24 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
It was not Vortex ring or whatever Rolf linked to, looks like it just flipped out, was banking right then spun off left.

Had same issue with pin spacing as well, was going to use connectors across pins but they are to wide apart, so split contacts into seperate connectors.

Less wire and clutter than having 5 seperate male to male leads which you dont actually need.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Jul 31, 2012, 05:41 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
It was not Vortex ring or whatever Rolf linked to, looks like it just flipped out, was banking right then spun off left.

Had same issue with pin spacing as well, was going to use connectors across pins but they are to wide apart, so split contacts into seperate connectors.

Less wire and clutter than having 5 separate male to male leads which you dont actually need.
Yes it flipped and roll out of control ... ok, I had bad orientation since the microQuad was a bit far from me ... but I was hoping in the autolevel ... for be safe I did add some power ... I was not trying to roll or flip ... I was actually trying to stabilize, with some stick input and as well keeping the stick in neutral for engage the autoleve

The display when I rescued the quad was showing the saturated message, same message that I saw after a previous crash, but that a propeller flown away, so the bird was out off control anyhow ... in the crash from video the quad was perfectly working after replug the battery, no propeller lost ... I did check the bird immediately after crash, and as well I did flow it again without touch anything and it did fly without problem

Tchuss

E_lm_70

Ps: I hope my issue can be solved by next Fw ... and I'm think I cant be the only one who got this error message ... as well Rolf should know exactly which condition bring to show this message
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Jul 31, 2012, 05:55 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serjuro View Post
This makes me believe that the KK2 actually picks the small movement of the servos that moves a little bit the flying wing a bit or is transmited through the foam( the servos are moving actually in small steps) and tries to counteract it...........LOL
For sure, the MEMS gyros the KK2 uses are way more sensitive than the piezo gyros used on the old KK boards. Vibrations from servo moments are a pain to filter. That's why I don't build tri-copters anymore. Even the noise on the 5volt line from servos can disturb things, you should see how they upset sonar if you don't filter the 5v line to the servo. This goes for camera servos too, but they don't move all that often compared to a tail servo on a tri-copter. You can compensate in firmware for it, and filter noise. That's not in the current firmware though. Just try isolating the servo a bit, and put some filter capacitors on the 5volt line to it.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Jul 31, 2012, 06:49 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Carmichael, CA
Joined Feb 2007
3,537 Posts
Tchuss, did you hear the motors lose sync, esc's reset, or anything other sounds that may be out of the norm? There was some extra movement just before the apparent failure. If there's an intermittent connection, that movement could have forced it to act up. Just a guess, but saturation might be the condition where the FC corrections reach their limits (this is adjustable... forget exactly where).

+1 on what Del-Dredd mentioned. I also noted poor soldering craftsmanship on my KK2; they pins are all 15* out of square with the PCB. I'm using the far from elegant 5 full male harnesses approach, so it's no biggie for me. If you're using harnesses across, I'd separate them to make sure all the pins are fully seated.

Kev
Truglodite is offline Find More Posts by Truglodite
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:10 PM
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Mar 2012
162 Posts
I replaced my multiwii board today with my second kk2. For those having issues with screen power, one thing i noticed when installing this today was the pins on the board were loose in the connector causing this to happen to me. I bent the pins a bit, and everything was good after that. Just like my fpv quad, this thing flew perfect on stock settings 150\100 50\20. Way more stable than my multiwii, and i had it dialed in good, so I thought... this one is my acro quad, so stable is nice. I also found this board likes to be mounted solid. Originally put it on the same foam as my multiwii, and it was bad. Mounted with nylon screws and orings like my fpv quad, and bingo, solid on the high settings.
Crashed22 is online now Find More Posts by Crashed22
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:17 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashed22 View Post
I replaced my multiwii board today with my second kk2. For those having issues with screen power, one thing i noticed when installing this today was the pins on the board were loose in the connector causing this to happen to me. I bent the pins a bit, and everything was good after that. Just like my fpv quad, this thing flew perfect on stock settings 150\100 50\20. Way more stable than my multiwii, and i had it dialed in good, so I thought... this one is my acro quad, so stable is nice. I also found this board likes to be mounted solid. Originally put it on the same foam as my multiwii, and it was bad. Mounted with nylon screws and orings like my fpv quad, and bingo, solid on the high settings.
All solid mounting does is change the frequencies of vibration that is transferred to the FC board, foam will dampen the higher frequency vibrations but vibrate more on the lower frequencies. That's going to vary with different frame and motor sizes, so it's not good general advice. eg. a small rigid frame with high kv motors is going to have higher vibration frequencies. Until there is an LPF in the firmware you can set, you will have to experiment to see if solid mounts are optimal.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:36 PM
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Mar 2012
162 Posts
Sounds like you hit the nail on the head. Frame is all wood, about 300-320cm, with 1300kv motors. Interesting part is that it is just opposite from the multiwii, it liked the foam mount better. Agreed, have to experiment...
Crashed22 is online now Find More Posts by Crashed22