HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:15 PM
USA, CA, Watsonville
Joined Jul 2001
463 Posts
Stupid questions

If I set EPA past 100% (as reported in rx test on fc) do I get more authority? i.e. will it flip faster?

What is the best way to run 12v LED's when I have a 4s battery?

Thanks!
g00bd0g is offline Find More Posts by g00bd0g
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:55 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Here's another video, this time using the KK2 on a X250 frame. Flies beautifully.

It's a short video, it was starting to rain.

Best,
Chris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edpkPEFgajg
Wow Chris, you've really got your KK2 X250 tuned nicely, you're flying and flipping her quite pro-like!
The dual props and prop-savers look to be a good update for better acro. I'll probably stick with the Tri-blades when I build mine until I get used to the wee beast, thanks for posting your settings and such... it'll be a great help for tuning my build.
I have 2 pick-ups @the post... could be my X250 and the RX802! but I'll still need my KK2 and LiPos... c'mon HobbyKing! can't let y'all here have all the Fun.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Jul 30, 2012, 02:48 PM
Joined Dec 2007
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by g00bd0g View Post
If I set EPA past 100% (as reported in rx test on fc) do I get more authority? i.e. will it flip faster?

What is the best way to run 12v LED's when I have a 4s battery?

Thanks!
three legs of the balance tap on a lipo gives 12.6 fully charged.
Rotorhead0207 is offline Find More Posts by Rotorhead0207
Old Jul 30, 2012, 03:41 PM
USA, CA, Watsonville
Joined Jul 2001
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead0207 View Post
three legs of the balance tap on a lipo gives 12.6 fully charged.
Thanks, it's a good thought, but I'd rather not unbalance my packs every flight. Other ideas?

Also, I answered my own question. Adding EPA past 100% DOES increase control authority. That, plus a little more stick scaling, has my quad flipping almost around it's own CG and losing very little altitude.
g00bd0g is offline Find More Posts by g00bd0g
Old Jul 30, 2012, 03:57 PM
Joined Dec 2007
364 Posts
[QUOTE=g00bd0g;22308675]Thanks, it's a good thought, but I'd rather not unbalance my packs every flight. Other ideas?

how many LED's are you running that it'll unbalance your packs? if you balance charge it won't make any difference. I've done this for years with up to 8 LEDs and still use the packs after 4 years no problems.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 03:59 PM
Joined Dec 2007
364 Posts
Quote:
OK, did that. The voltage varies. Generally I get between 2.6 and 2.9 volts, but occasionally it went as far up as 3.7 volts. I tested this using a 3s battery.

So what's the verdict? I'm guessing the crash damaged something because the voltage should not fluctuate like this. At least I don't think so. Do tell when you get a chance, please. I'm very curious.

Thank you, Sir.

Best,
Chris
could this possibly be a BEC problem rather that the fc
Old Jul 30, 2012, 05:05 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2010
697 Posts
Hi,ive a major problem with my KK2,its got contrast but no programe showing,any ideas please or isit toast,it was ok,armed it o/k,flew it, whent into program had some peep's then whent blank,Marty.
NEAGRON is online now Find More Posts by NEAGRON
Old Jul 30, 2012, 06:04 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEAGRON View Post
Hi,ive a major problem with my KK2,its got contrast but no programe showing,any ideas please or isit toast,it was ok,armed it o/k,flew it, whent into program had some peep's then whent blank,Marty.
Like most other common questions, resetting the LCD screen is covered in the first post of this thread.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Jul 30, 2012, 06:27 PM
Canada, ON, Kincardine
Joined Feb 2009
517 Posts
I am having an odd problem.

My Tricopter flew very well (other than autolevel) with the factory default settings. I decided to try tuning it to get the autolevel working well enough and now I have an unflyable machine.

I have reversed all of the settings that I have changed but now regardless of the Pgain I get uncontrollable oscilations when trying to take off. The motors seem to act like the input to them is very delayed so on start up they all spin up and then when one side dips low it suddenly gets a large input that seems to oscillate from motor to motor.

Is there a way to get the factory firmware to undo whatever software problem I seem to have caused?
Helno is offline Find More Posts by Helno
Old Jul 30, 2012, 06:43 PM
Joined Dec 2007
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helno View Post
I am having an odd problem.

My Tricopter flew very well (other than autolevel) with the factory default settings. I decided to try tuning it to get the autolevel working well enough and now I have an unflyable machine.

I have reversed all of the settings that I have changed but now regardless of the Pgain I get uncontrollable oscilations when trying to take off. The motors seem to act like the input to them is very delayed so on start up they all spin up and then when one side dips low it suddenly gets a large input that seems to oscillate from motor to motor.

Is there a way to get the factory firmware to undo whatever software problem I seem to have caused?
the firmware is locked at this point in time but all the settings are listed in the manual for the board on page 4
Old Jul 30, 2012, 07:47 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead0207 View Post
could this possibly be a BEC problem rather that the fc
I have no idea. Maybe that's why KK asked me to test the voltage on these pads. We'll see what he has to say about it when gets a chance, I think.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 30, 2012, 07:49 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
Wow Chris, you've really got your KK2 X250 tuned nicely, you're flying and flipping her quite pro-like!
The dual props and prop-savers look to be a good update for better acro. I'll probably stick with the Tri-blades when I build mine until I get used to the wee beast, thanks for posting your settings and such... it'll be a great help for tuning my build.
I have 2 pick-ups @the post... could be my X250 and the RX802! but I'll still need my KK2 and LiPos... c'mon HobbyKing! can't let y'all here have all the Fun.
Well, that was until I bloody crashed it. My new KK2 shipped two days ago so I'm in the same boat as you waiting on Hobby King at the moment. I also ordered some more powerful motors, I think it will be a sick setup.

Cheers, mate!

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:05 PM
U.S.A., Sufflok county , NY
Joined Nov 2007
172 Posts
Quote:
Well, that was until I bloody crashed it. My new KK2 shipped two days ago so I'm in the same boat as you waiting on Hobby King at the moment. I also ordered some more powerful motors, I think it will be a sick setup.

Cheers, mate!

Chris

Hey, Chris what is the equipment set up on your 250 what kv motors to run on three cell, props size speed control size ect.
Did you get the frame from Xheli.com?

Thanks steve
steveiewonder is online now Find More Posts by steveiewonder
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:19 PM
Joined Dec 2007
364 Posts
Quote:
I have no idea. Maybe that's why KK asked me to test the voltage on these pads. We'll see what he has to say about it when gets a chance, I think.

Best,
Chris
just as a test unplug the #1 esc and plug in the #2 esc and power it up and see if it comes alive. If not you probably answered it yourself, it probably died in the crash.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:16 PM
ntc
Joined Sep 2011
156 Posts
why is my roll and yaw sticks swapped?

Hey guys,

I fly mode 2, and with the new KK2 board when I plug everything in according to the appropriate positions, ie rud to rud, ail to ail, I end up with my aileron control on the left stick and the rudder control on the right stick, surely this is not how it is meant to be right?, a person said to swith the rud and aileron servo cables around and on the screen just treat the ail as rud and rud as aileron.

I wanted to know if all mode two flyers are doing this or is it just me. I use a turnigy 9x with er9x firmware.
any help or views are greatly appreciated!
ntc is offline Find More Posts by ntc