to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:11 AM
Italy
Joined Jun 2007
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
What is up with the sun in your area?

It sound like a heat related problem. Can you reproduce it with a heat gun? And video it?
sure I can, just some seconds with an hairdryer and the board get crazy.... I thought was a problem with the gyro, but having all the gyro faulty seems too strange to me...

P.S.
I'll upload a video later
albx is offline Find More Posts by albx
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:11 AM
U.S.A., Sufflok county , NY
Joined Nov 2007
229 Posts
Quote:
No problem, it is supposed to be done that way.
thank you so much kaptein, just gave my quad to my friend, and building another one. Also want to make the the small quad I saw in your video, what size frame and motors are you using?
steveiewonder is online now Find More Posts by steveiewonder
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:19 AM
U.S.A., Sufflok county , NY
Joined Nov 2007
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolgiB View Post
I have an issue with Motor #1 on a quad configuration. I am using a DJI F450 frame with KDS 1100 KV motors and HK 18A ESCs. The quad was already flying for a while with an old KK controller and was just upgraded to the KK2. So there are no known issues with ESCs/Motors. The ESCs has been calibrated again and all is setup following the guide from the HK website.

When I start the quad, the motor #1 stands still until I am close to the point where the aircraft would lift off. Its already moving on the ground, when finally motor #1 picks up some speed. The quad would move then while lifting off into the direction of motor one, until I manage to gain control over it.

What is also a bit strange is the behavior of the throttle. I have to go to about 40% until the motors start. I am hovering at around 50 - 55%. When I check the RX setup in the controller, my throttle down position is displayed as 0. Full throttle recognized as full, I dont use any throttle curves in my TX.

The quad flies incredibly stable, once in the air, there is nothing to notice. For stick scaling I am using the default values and it suits fine for me. Overall a great job, thanks KK!
Had similar problem re calibrated speed controls for some resign I was missing the beeps from high stick to low, and was giving me late motor starts, and erratic throttle.

Steve
steveiewonder is online now Find More Posts by steveiewonder
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:45 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by albx View Post
sure I can, just some seconds with an hairdryer and the board get crazy.... I thought was a problem with the gyro, but having all the gyro faulty seems too strange to me...

P.S.
I'll upload a video later
As heat makes stuff expand, perhaps a soldered connection somewhere is separating and/or becoming an intermittent contact
davereap is offline Find More Posts by davereap
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:56 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Mar 2011
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
Ok, here is an interesting one, earlier on in this thread I posted a problem with motor 1 and 3 that a friend of mine was having with a Turnigy Talon frame going into oscillation about 5 seconds after take off. Nobody really commented so we investigated further. After swapping out almost everything, the culprit turned out to be the frame itself.
Thats really hard to find! Well in my case I exclude the frame itself, as all 4 arms mounted the same way.

Last night I had a crash, while hovering peacefully in about 1.5m height. One of the rear motors (X configuration) just stopped and the quad flipped over. Result was two broken props...

After changing only the two broken props, I walked right away back into the park. Continued to fly for about 3 - 4 minutes on the same battery until it was consumed and the on board alarm went off. Everything was ok. Strange!
HolgiB is offline Find More Posts by HolgiB
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:57 AM
Italy
Joined Jun 2007
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap View Post
As heat makes stuff expand, perhaps a soldered connection somewhere is separating and/or becoming an intermittent contact
resoldered everything... I really don't know what else try. I made a video this morning without sun, and it was very stable, later with the sun I'll make another video. What i noticed is that the tricopter becomes, first of all, lazy, slower to respond to commands... then drift alot and begins randomly to swim away, trimming doesn't help...
albx is offline Find More Posts by albx
Last edited by albx; Jul 30, 2012 at 01:16 AM.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:36 AM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,820 Posts
back in stock
bob4432 is online now Find More Posts by bob4432
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:44 AM
Joined Aug 2009
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by albx View Post
resoldered everything... I really don't know what else try. I made a video this morning without sun, and it was very stable, later with the sun I'll make another video. What i noticed is that the tricopter becomes, first of all, lazy, slower to respond to commands... then drift alot and begins randomly to swim away, trimming doesn't help...

Hi, mate. I have the same problem (described here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1423)
I had a conversation with Hobbyking support, they said to send board back (shipping costs me 70% of board price).
But now am waiting, because if there are many faulty boards, shipped out to consumer, HK should to replace them, without need to send faulty boards back.
Radiomix is offline Find More Posts by Radiomix
Old Jul 30, 2012, 02:41 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,527 Posts
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Last edited by er9xuser; Jul 30, 2012 at 02:41 AM. Reason: del
Old Jul 30, 2012, 03:36 AM
Joined May 2009
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
Ok, here is an interesting one, earlier on in this thread I posted a problem with motor 1 and 3 that a friend of mine was having with a Turnigy Talon frame going into oscillation about 5 seconds after take off. Nobody really commented so we investigated further. After swapping out almost everything, the culprit turned out to be the frame itself.
The frame looks solid. How is it possible the middle part flexing. Maybe it is better that all 4 booms connected to the upper frame.
pinguin is offline Find More Posts by pinguin
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:01 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinguin View Post
The frame looks solid. How is it possible the middle part flexing. Maybe it is better that all 4 booms connected to the upper frame.
The frame is made from 3 tubes/booms not 4.

On one axis a single frame tube goes all the way though the center and out the other side, that axis is very strong, the other axis it can't go all the way though, or it would hit the first frame tube, so they cut it into 2 tubes, that makes it not rigid so the center plate flexes. About 1cm of flex measured at the motor we guesstimated. It's just too much leverage for the thin center plates.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Jul 30, 2012, 09:13 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,751 Posts
Quote:
Measure the voltage between the test pads "GND" and "5V_IC1".

OK, did that. The voltage varies. Generally I get between 2.6 and 2.9 volts, but occasionally it went as far up as 3.7 volts. I tested this using a 3s battery.

So what's the verdict? I'm guessing the crash damaged something because the voltage should not fluctuate like this. At least I don't think so. Do tell when you get a chance, please. I'm very curious.

Thank you, Sir.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:06 PM
Romania, Europe
Joined Aug 2009
282 Posts
KK2 on a flying wing

Hi there,
As I stated in my previous posts, I've put the KK2 board on a 950mm EPP flying wing. Now all the elecrical and mechanical connections are done, in the right places .I wana use it for FPV.
I've made some pics for you to see my rig and I've uploaded a short movie to see the ,,jitter''- ,,tremor'' that I experience right now.
I have choosen the flying wing mixer with gains from 5 to 100 and limit from 50 to 500.........The I limit I've left to zero. I mounted the kk board to the wing with some 10 mm tick rubber foam to insulate it from vibrations.
The problem is that when I move the stick either way, left, right, up and down, the servos are shaking like hell. Tried to lower the gain, limits, scaling but the shakes remaind there.................
All the trials where made on the ground, with the wing motionless......

PS Another question. Does the KK board have to be mounted perfectly horizonally or after I've placed it as close as possible to horitontal, I can ,,calibrate the sensors'' to let now to the board that this is my normal flying attitude?
One more question, am I suppose to power the KK board in exactly the flying position, the horizontal position or can I power it in whatever position ?

Thanks in advance for help...
MOV05644 (3 min 33 sec)
serjuro is offline Find More Posts by serjuro
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:12 PM
United States, TX, Spur
Joined Sep 2011
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I tested this using a 3s battery.
3S, 2S, 6S, it should not matter since the board is supplied by the BEC of the ESC. Supply voltage to the board connectors should be about 5V.

Thurmond
T3PRanch is offline Find More Posts by T3PRanch