Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 29, 2012, 06:18 PM
Joined Feb 2003
3,753 Posts
I have one of these on order and am designing a quad and I need to hole spacing for the mounting holes on this board. I searched the doc's and this thread and could not find them. Can someone please tell me what the mounting hole spacing is on this FC?

thanks,
Brendin
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2012, 06:21 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc863 View Post
Too high gain in which setting?

you mean there isn't enough resolution at hover and it is switching between "too much power" and "too little power". Like there is inverse expo applied?
P-gain. Too much makes small oscillations that increases the power to the motors. It disappear when lowering the throttle and it descends faster, making it difficult to control height.
kapteinkuk is offline Find More Posts by kapteinkuk
Old Jul 29, 2012, 06:24 PM
United States, AL, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2005
1,022 Posts
I have 2 KK2 boards. Set up the first one and it flies fine. Set uo the second for a second quad and the #1 motor is not spinning to full speed changed motors and ESCs then changed ESC wires around on the KK2 and it is definitely a problem with the #1 out put on the board. Could I have missed something in set up? Has anyone had this problem?
Chukmil is offline Find More Posts by Chukmil
Old Jul 29, 2012, 06:25 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
ESCs are beeping, the buzzer isn't and I can't recall about the LED.
No buzzer beep means that it does not start up.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 06:31 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by albx View Post
hi KK, I have the hobbyking V3.0 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21977 and do the same thing, get crazy in the sunny days... HK is not going to replace it... do you know where can be the problem? gyro? CPU?

P.S.
should I use an hammer to fix it? (my last try)
What is up with the sun in your area?

It sound like a heat related problem. Can you reproduce it with a heat gun? And video it?
Old Jul 29, 2012, 06:42 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Had a crash today. Landed upside down. The board made a sound as if when you plug in the battery, then the buzzer started to buzz rapidly. When I picked up the quad I could see the red LED also blink rapidly. I unplugged it, and when plugging it back in, nothing. Only the LCD backlight goes on. Let me know what you think, please, pretty please, Kaptein, when you have time. No rush. I made a short video to show you what it's doing:

http://youtu.be/tDTZRU3ez2w

The board has done this to me before but when I unplugged M1 and plugged it back in it fixed it. This time it's a no go.

Thank you.
Chris
Measure the voltage between the test pads "GND" and "5V_IC1".
Old Jul 29, 2012, 06:46 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveiewonder View Post
love this board, flew 10 packs this morning. Is it OK to in put transmitter face trim to correct roll pitch and yaw drift?

Steve
No problem, it is supposed to be done that way.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 06:47 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiloschista View Post
No servos.
I'm using 2S lipo on a tiny quad.
May be I should check for voltage drop under 5-6V at maximum throttle ?

Thanks,
Ric
Yes, do that.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 06:50 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4gfy View Post
Do I need to go through the sensor and esc calibrations each flight?
It is only needed once, unless you need to correct for self-level drift.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 06:53 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnaron View Post
I have one of these on order and am designing a quad and I need to hole spacing for the mounting holes on this board. I searched the doc's and this thread and could not find them. Can someone please tell me what the mounting hole spacing is on this FC?

thanks,
Brendin
45mm.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 06:59 PM
Quads Helis Planes Cars
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Aug 2009
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinic View Post
Having tuned a KK tricopter and a spider quad running MWC baseflight, I've got to say that the KK2 is the easiest to set up FC that I have ever used. The additional of the LCD makes setup so quick and easy and the new gyros work great. I had the KK2 tuned after two packs (20 minutes). The others have taken me weeks. Very nice.
I totally agree,
I've got one on my Bumblebee and Tunigy integrated micro quad.
Both are tuned and flying perfectly.
The Turnigy quad handles as good or even better the my MQX.
No problem in the wind at all.

I'm liking these boards more and more and this is only the first version of firmware.
Good job KK
Nerm is offline Find More Posts by Nerm
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:03 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukmil View Post
I have 2 KK2 boards. Set up the first one and it flies fine. Set uo the second for a second quad and the #1 motor is not spinning to full speed changed motors and ESCs then changed ESC wires around on the KK2 and it is definitely a problem with the #1 out put on the board. Could I have missed something in set up? Has anyone had this problem?
I had a pretty bad problem like that, it was the HK SS ESCs I changed them for Turnigy Plush and the problem mostly went away. I do still suspect my #1 motor is a little weaker than the others just by looking at the transmitter trim positions to get it hovering, though it feels fine to turn. The M1 output on the board simply supplies a pulse to the ESC, the only difference between it and the other motor ports is the M1 ESC provides the BEC to run the FC and receiver where the other ports don't.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Jul 29, 2012, 08:16 PM
United States, AL, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2005
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
I had a pretty bad problem like that, it was the HK SS ESCs I changed them for Turnigy Plush and the problem mostly went away. I do still suspect my #1 motor is a little weaker than the others just by looking at the transmitter trim positions to get it hovering, though it feels fine to turn. The M1 output on the board simply supplies a pulse to the ESC, the only difference between it and the other motor ports is the M1 ESC provides the BEC to run the FC and receiver where the other ports don't.
Running Turnigy Plush 18a w/ RCtimer 2830-14 motors. It is not the KK2 board. I swapped boards and the problem stayed with the quad in question...changed motors, changed ESCs to another Plush and the problem persists...has to be somewhere in the build but I am running out of things to check
Chukmil is offline Find More Posts by Chukmil
Old Jul 29, 2012, 08:39 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Mar 2011
341 Posts
I have an issue with Motor #1 on a quad configuration. I am using a DJI F450 frame with KDS 1100 KV motors and HK 18A ESCs. The quad was already flying for a while with an old KK controller and was just upgraded to the KK2. So there are no known issues with ESCs/Motors. The ESCs has been calibrated again and all is setup following the guide from the HK website.

When I start the quad, the motor #1 stands still until I am close to the point where the aircraft would lift off. Its already moving on the ground, when finally motor #1 picks up some speed. The quad would move then while lifting off into the direction of motor one, until I manage to gain control over it.

What is also a bit strange is the behavior of the throttle. I have to go to about 40% until the motors start. I am hovering at around 50 - 55%. When I check the RX setup in the controller, my throttle down position is displayed as 0. Full throttle recognized as full, I dont use any throttle curves in my TX.

The quad flies incredibly stable, once in the air, there is nothing to notice. For stick scaling I am using the default values and it suits fine for me. Overall a great job, thanks KK!
HolgiB is offline Find More Posts by HolgiB
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:53 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Ok, here is an interesting one, earlier on in this thread I posted a problem with motor 1 and 3 that a friend of mine was having with a Turnigy Talon frame going into oscillation about 5 seconds after take off. Nobody really commented so we investigated further. After swapping out almost everything, the culprit turned out to be the frame itself.

On the axis with the single bar that goes right though which was motors 2 and 4 all was fine, but the other axis are only half bars, started flexing the center plate after take off which upset the KK2. Very tricky to find. After strengthening the middle with layers of fibreglass matt and epoxy the problem was solved.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie