SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by jgalexander, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:55 AM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,967 Posts
Of course!
And yeah, that (Whiteman) was the cheapest spot I found so far. Just haven't been able to find a flying club that's anywhere near as cool/straightforward/affordable as the one I'm a part of up in NorCal... I'm still hunting though!
-J
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2014, 09:34 PM
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Jan 2008
5 Posts
The real thing

Josh, hope you are still enjoying getting off the ground for real. Just saw your blog. The 172 is a very nice aircraft and easy to fly. I have myself owned several aircraft over my earlier days. My last powered bird was 3768Y (Cessna 210 Centurion). Prior to that I had owned 6807A (172). Unfortunately, had a couple of heart attacks that put an end to my medical. After a bit of time, I went back and got my glider rating and purchased a Grob 102 SS184 (15m Glider) which allowed me to fly (medical self-certify). Flew that for a few years (based out of Boulder, CO) until I no longer felt safe with the potential of landing out. Now just fly RC Helis, Quads, and planes. Certainly not as much fun, but at least its cheaper and safer. By the way, I am enjoying the dx-8 you sold me. Thanks again and fly safe.
lsymons is offline Find More Posts by lsymons
Old Sep 13, 2014, 02:33 AM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,967 Posts
Hi Larry!
Always nice to meet a fellow pilot. Sorry to hear about your health issues - it's an inevitable end to a flying career, but it still stinks when it happens. Better alive and flying RC than pushing the limits too far in the real thing... I'm glad to hear the radio is serving you well. I hope you have a ton of fun with it .
Blue skies,
Josh
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member