HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 20, 2012, 05:01 AM
Life is simple Eat, Sleep, Fly
Germany, RP, Kaiserslautern
Joined Oct 2011
123 Posts
Discussion
Hitec X4-80 eighty 4 port chager review search

Hi all, I have been looking for a comprehensive review of the Hitec X4-80 4 port charger but so far I have been unsuccessful in finding one. Has anyone purchased this charger? I would like to know how it compares to it predecessor the Hitec X4 plus and what your opinion is on it compared to other similar models.

Timewarp is offline Find More Posts by Timewarp
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:56 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,377 Posts
"Comprehensive" reviews of chargers are somewhat rare. And this is a very new charger to the scene. It can also be found as SKYRC QUATTRO B6 80W.

It's got more power then it's predecessor. As for comparing it to other similar models, many of them may be identical, some may be clones. Usually I would say the big thing you get with the Hitec is a US based warranty if something goes wrong. I don't know anything about the quality of Hitec support in Germany though.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Jun 20, 2012, 03:52 PM
Blacksburg, VA 24060 USA
Joined Feb 2000
3,230 Posts
The most I can say about this charger is that I have one and it works. I note, however, that when polling each cell in a pack after charging it sometimes reports 0 volts for one or two (out of three) cells, even though an accessory voltmeter reports good individual cell voltages on that pack.

Maybe I should ask Hitec about this.

Also, I can't verify that all output ports can each source 80 watts simultaneously.

Jim R.
JRuggiero is offline Find More Posts by JRuggiero
Old Jun 22, 2012, 02:14 PM
NB Canada
Joined Apr 2008
467 Posts
One tip--this one is DC-only whereas the X4 Plus is AC/DC. Don't do like me and think the Eighty was an 80W version of the Plus and have to return it and end up getting a Hyperion instead.
Beckler is offline Find More Posts by Beckler
Old Jun 22, 2012, 05:20 PM
Life is simple Eat, Sleep, Fly
Germany, RP, Kaiserslautern
Joined Oct 2011
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckler View Post
One tip--this one is DC-only whereas the X4 Plus is AC/DC. Don't do like me and think the Eighty was an 80W version of the Plus and have to return it and end up getting a Hyperion instead.

Good point. I can see how folks might overlook that, nonetheless I am on track and know it's a DC charger.
Timewarp is offline Find More Posts by Timewarp