SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:46 PM
Joined Mar 2012
47 Posts
Discussion
A IR flying saucer mini quadcopter not much larger then an outstretched palm

The RC Flying Saucer is a 4-channel RC flying vehicle that uses built in accelerometers to keep it's self stable. The technology built in gives the most stable flying experience possible with this type of RC craft. The flying saucer is not much larger then an outstretched palm.

The RC Flying Saucer has four built in propellers to provide lift and movement. Once airborne the solid state accelerometer feeds back information to the propellers which in turn, adjust speed accordingly to keep it rock steady. Also a cool feature of this RC craft is that the accelerometer provides details to auto-trim the controls. All you need to do is power-cycle the remote and everything is balanced for you.

RC Flying Saucer Flying Tips:

1. Auto trim the saucer before each flight by power cycling the remote.
2. New pilots may find it easier to use the right/left controls on left stick for rotation, then push the right stick forward to move forward when pointing in the direction you want to go.
3. Make note of the "EZ" switch on the remote. When this switch is on, it prevents you from making fast maneuvers that may send the saucer out of control.

RC Flying Saucer Product Features

* Mini 4-propeller flying saucer features a built in accelerometer and 4-channel control
* Real 4-channel digital proportional control via IR
* Solid-State Accelerometer provides stable flight
* Auto-Trim system when power-cycling remote
* "EZ" switch on remote helps beginning pilots
* Includes 110-240V wall adapter for charging
* 20 minute charge time, 5-7 minute fly time
* Remote uses 3 AAA batteries, not included
* Dimensions: 19cm diameter, 5.5cm high

The RC Flying Saucer currently costs $37.70 over at Goodluckbuy.
goodluckbuy is offline Find More Posts by goodluckbuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:06 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:33 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,563 Posts
Welcome to 2008

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=813134

I have a Jump jet, 2 saucers for parts, and a Saucer with the RF mod from Snelflight (with Crystals and Berg MicroCrystal) and the Superdave42 Carbon Fiber frame. I just havent gotten around to soldering it. I'd consider offers.

They're pretty rare. Only needs the magnet wiring soldered.

For fun with an OpenPilot board on top...
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Old Jul 05, 2012, 05:26 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
i have one of these and it is really cool. nothing like this has ever come close for the price. it is an incredible product. but original and spare clockwise propeller has been lost in crashes. are replacement propellers available?
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Jul 05, 2012, 07:01 PM
Spain
Joined Jan 2010
457 Posts
spares

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
i have one of these and it is really cool. nothing like this has ever come close for the price. it is an incredible product. but original and spare clockwise propeller has been lost in crashes. are replacement propellers available?
availables in snelflight.com

also if foam is already removed, You can use walkera ladybird ones...and get lot more trust and flight time. Hope this helps, Saludos,
Jose
Doblao is offline Find More Posts by Doblao
Old Jul 06, 2012, 11:04 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
thank you jose. i just ordered 2 sets of ladybird props from goodluckbuy. i think it will be necessary to replace all 4. hopefully they will fit. i also have a wltoys v929 coming with two sets of spare props so maybe they will fit too. i only saw this thing fly once by the person who gave it to me and it looked like fun so thanks for helping me get it going again.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993