SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 19, 2012, 07:54 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,762 Posts
Discussion
Sr Telemaster 2 piece wing

Check out my new baby. Pretty happy with it.

Like to get your opinions on what to do with the wing joiner system and latches.

Please check it out and leave your .02........thanks

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=24218
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:09 AM
Who Dat!
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Sep 2011
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
Here's the new baby.

Any thoughts on that wing joining system??? Hmmmmm???

Id like to get thoughts and Ideas on how to clean this up and methods for attaching wing halves together.

i think you should dump that crazy wing joiner system.. its overly complicated which usually means its going to fail. plus.. it looks like .

what i would do is remove the metal bit and cut two matching main ribs out of aircraft birch ply.. the hard stuff. cut them so they both have matching protrusions that when you mate the two wing halves together they form a single square "dowel." machine a matching pocket in the fuse to accept them. as far as a spar goes, you can make a wing joiner out of an aluminum tube, plywood, a hardwood dowel, anything really. make it long enough to go 1/3 into each wing panel when the wing is joined and you should be good to go.
GeetarJoe is offline Find More Posts by GeetarJoe
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:15 AM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,762 Posts
Kinda what I was thinkin too. Thanks Joe.
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman