Old Jun 19, 2012, 06:01 PM
Cumulus Altimus
KELLER TEXAS
Joined Feb 2002
3,608 Posts
Help!
cant bind

hi all,
my JR 9303 2.4 is not binding with any of my RX,,,for a year all is fine today i wanted to set my new motor and esc but it wont bind i test it with my other planes no binding,,,used the bind plug still nothing my satellite flashes very fast but the RX lite wont come on!!!!
what is wrong,,the radio powers up all programs work....
thanks
Ben
FASTBEN is offline Find More Posts by FASTBEN
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2012, 06:16 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,108 Posts
If the sat is flashing rapidly but not the receiver then you have receiver issues.

There are reports of getting flashing led with the power connected in reverse with bind plug inserted but binding failing.

Ensure you have proper power and bind plug properly inserted. Once you have this addressed and both
The main and sat receivers are flashing then you can look at the radio
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jun 19, 2012, 06:38 PM
Cumulus Altimus
KELLER TEXAS
Joined Feb 2002
3,608 Posts
i have 5 RX's and none bind...
should't the button on the back of radio light up when pressed ?
Old Jun 19, 2012, 06:50 PM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBEN View Post
... should't the button on the back of radio light up when pressed ?
No, the LED on the back of the tranny turns off when you press the button to indicate the module is in range check (low power) mode.

But before you even turn the tranny on you must be sure the main and remote receivers are in bind mode - LEDs on all of them are flashing rapidly. If even one of them is not, there is no point of continuing with turning the tranny on in bind mode.
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 19, 2012, 07:56 PM
Cumulus Altimus
KELLER TEXAS
Joined Feb 2002
3,608 Posts
so what may be the cuz???
and how could 5 RX;s go bad on the same day?
Last edited by FASTBEN; Jun 19, 2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:29 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,505 Posts
The first thing is to check that the receivers are in bind mode, as discussed above. Then test that the transmitter goes into bind mode.

Hold the button while turning on and release it in a couple of seconds (exact timing is not critical). The button should be flashing rapidly. If it isn't you have a transmitter problem.

As noted above, both the main receiver unit and the satellites must be flashing rapidly for bind to take place. Sometimes there is a bad connection that prevents a satellite from going into bind mode or binding. This can usually be cured by unplugging and replugging the cable at both ends or using some contact cleaner.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:40 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,513 Posts
Ben
If I understand correctly you went to bind a new setup and it failed.
You attempted to "connect" to other models that were already bound and they failed as well?
You cant bind or connect to anything?

If so I hate to say it sounds like a bad RF deck in the Tx.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Jun 20, 2012, 05:34 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,108 Posts
Quote:
... used the bind plug still nothing my satellite flashes very fast but the RX lite wont come on!!!! ... Ben
This portion of your original post is a bit confusing.

Sat and Main receivers should go into bind mode when bind plug is inserted and proper power is supplied. Both units LED should be blinking fast before you move on and look at the radio.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:45 AM
Cumulus Altimus
KELLER TEXAS
Joined Feb 2002
3,608 Posts
well no lights are blinking on any of the RX's that is what puzzles me,this should have nothing to do with my TX,until the lights come on in RX i cant find out if the TX goes to binding mode.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:50 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,108 Posts
Check your bind plug.
Ensure the wire is not broken.

Once you have receiver confirmation that it's in BIND mode then you can move on to the radio.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:23 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,513 Posts
Quote:
well no lights are blinking on any of the RX's that is what puzzles me,this should have nothing to do with my TX,until the lights come on in RX i cant find out if the TX goes to binding mode.
Ben
In the OP you said "test it with my other planes no binding,,,used the bind plug still nothing my satellite flashes very fast but the RX lite wont come on!!!!".

Ok I see now.I guess I misunderstood.I still dont completely understand.
Your remotes are fast blinking but the Rx are not? I find it hard to believe multiple Rx/sat combinations are all doing the same thing all at once.
Are you sure you are understanding the bind process?
You have done this before? Right?
Are you using a known good power source?
Bindplug is in the Rx port marked bind?

If there is something about the bind process your not understanding please ask again.Your definition of what exactly is happening is kind of confusing.
To me anyway.I assumed you were mixing up the term "bind" and "connect"
with your other Rxs that also did not work.Thats what I get for making assumptions.

I think you need to be more clear exactly what you are doing and what is happening at the various stages of the bind (or connect) process to be able to get an accurate picture of what is going on here.

If your not getting a fastblink on main Rx and remote(s) when you power them with bindplug in then it is correct that there is no point going any further until you find out why.I kind of understand you had fastblink on the remote but not the main Rx? This would kind of indicate a borderline power supply.Ive found over the years that the remotes are very slightly more forgiving to lack of power than the main Rxs are.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Last edited by aerocal; Jun 20, 2012 at 09:30 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:27 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,108 Posts
+1, only guessing at this point cause info is lacking or confusing.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:33 PM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,423 Posts
Same confusion here - I don't see how a remote receiver will get into bind mode (LED flashing rapidly) while the main won't. Maybe the OP does not make difference between "bind" and "connect" and/or does not understand the binding process. Correct info from the OP is needed to be able to help him.
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:59 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,505 Posts
Quote:
By "RX" do you mean the main units? The satellites are receivers too.

I have seen cases where with the bind plug in and no Tx turned on, the main unit showed rapid flashing but the satellite showed something else, such as intermittent flash or weak steady light. The problem was the connector cable contacts.

But I haven't see the satellite doing the rapid flash of bind mode without the main unit doing likewise.

Please clarify what happens.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:56 PM
Cumulus Altimus
KELLER TEXAS
Joined Feb 2002
3,608 Posts
ok lets see if i can do this correct.
i had flown 3 planes last week with these main RX ans satellite's i hook the power then my TX and all was good,i switched motor and ESC cc100 lite with internal BEC hooked my 4s and ESC beeped but no servo's worked,,,so i used my plug to see if i need to bind one more time still nothing so i grabbed my small hand luch with orange HK RX charged the battery and hooked up no flashing light on main i then took another plane same but in that one i could see a rapid flashing on satellite but very week the rest is history i used all other 2.4 dms2 RX's with a 2s 300mil 7.4 with regulator but no help the battery has fresh charge...