HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:05 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticflyer View Post
Peter - hope this is what you wanted...I can't seem to get the numbers to show up and am starting to go cross eyed trying!
Take a printscreen with the mouse line where you want to highlight the numbers, paste into MS Paint and save as .jpg. Then post it.
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:07 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
NICE GOING ARCTIC ! Flippin Sweeeet !
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:21 PM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Jan 2006
1,551 Posts
Thanks guys...been watching that Swist thread with interest VooDoo.

Did you notice the launch... torque was brutal...and it goes left hard all on it's own. You just have to ride it out and hope it doesn't stall. I won't throw this thing anymore in zero wind until I reduce the wing loading...got some ideas for that, but they cost money and there just isn't enough season left here...and I'm spending to much time in tree stands.

Hope to get some more flights this week...and get it down closer to the camera for some doppler runs.
arcticflyer is offline Find More Posts by arcticflyer
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:37 PM
2012 NZ Speedcup - 231 MPH
New Zealand, Tasman, Richmond
Joined Mar 2006
2,085 Posts
Hey on the launch thing, I launch my ninja in still air by running flat out as I launch. It really helps! It gives you perhaps 10km/h airspeed before you even let the plane go, which helps a) the prop to be stalled less, and b) the wings are generating lift before the plane leaves your hand. Also launching flat and level helps. well there's my 2 cents worth!
DownUnderPilot is online now Find More Posts by DownUnderPilot
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:53 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownUnderPilot View Post
Hey on the launch thing, I launch my ninja in still air by running flat out as I launch. It really helps! It gives you perhaps 10km/h airspeed before you even let the plane go, which helps a) the prop to be stalled less, and b) the wings are generating lift before the plane leaves your hand. Also launching flat and level helps. well there's my 2 cents worth!
And this is why i was asking as i have never launched a larger higher powered airframe,just F5D,Hotliner and S400.....I just nail it,and toss it like i just pulled the grenade pin.@ Arctic,You ever think about a nice peddle launch system ?
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:45 PM
Joined Jan 2006
1,551 Posts
Out of habit I launched the other day with the left hand...was going to switch back to the ole throwing arm (right side). I switched over about a year ago because I thought with the right hand on TX I could get on the right stick faster. BUT, don't think it matters so am going to start tossing with the right hand again so I can get some serious force on the throw. With a high pitched prop...don't think I'll launch in a no wind...good thing is, here in Saskatchewan there are very few days with no wind.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:40 AM
Joined Jan 2006
1,551 Posts
Sorry MOPAR I totally did not see your question earlier...If TP's measurements are correct and their 7S 3300 65C is no bigger than stated I think it will just squeeze into the airframe. However I am not excited about the added weight. But due to the current case temps I believe the motor can take it. Now the ESC that is a different story as it is an Ice Lite 200 which is rated for no higher than 6S. I think the ESC can take it with the sinks and the fan...the software will as I already gave that a test. But who knows I need a good 300 amp ESC...WITH data logging!
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:19 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
5,000 Posts
OR .................
more air through the fuse .

(easy to say, at least ! )

Maybe something like below ?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1180
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Last edited by moparmyway; Oct 08, 2012 at 03:26 AM.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:13 AM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,507 Posts
Quote:
start tossing with the right hand again so I can get some serious force on the throw
Like a Javelin thrower at the Olympics! is whats needed
ApexAero is offline Find More Posts by ApexAero
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:58 AM
Carbon fiber is our friend
United States, CA, Lodi
Joined Feb 2001
4,233 Posts
I'm glad you had a successful flight, but I couldn't help noticing what looked like full up elevator when you threw it. I paused the video and for sure it's way up. Seems dangerous to me. I think a right handed throw with the wings banked slightly right instead of left is going to really help out.

Nice repair job btw
Steve C is online now Find More Posts by Steve C
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:22 PM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2004
5,729 Posts
Yes.............massive up elevator on launch.
shhhhh! is offline Find More Posts by shhhhh!
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:25 PM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,507 Posts
RE: 7s
Quote:
it is an Ice Lite 200 which is rated for no higher than 6S. I think the ESC can take it with the sinks and the fan...the software will
I'd like to know as well, wonder if just changing to higher voltage caps would be enough for an extra cell,,
ApexAero is offline Find More Posts by ApexAero
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:09 PM
Joined Jan 2006
1,551 Posts
The Ice Lite 200 already has 35V caps. I called CC about it awhile back and tried to pin one of their techs down with the ole "I won't hold ya to it" line. I got him to admit it was heat that would be an issue not voltage. Heat is the enemy...I am going to run mine on 7S...it has heat sinks on both sides and a fan. If you can keep it under 200F if might last a bit...but then again ya just never know...I love the suspense

With that said I don't think will make it to 7S this season. It was spitting snow yesterday and usually that means things are down hill from there as far as the weather is concerned....AND flying is taking somewhat of a back seat right now to dare I say it....hunting...BAMBI no less...don't tell the kids!

As far as the UP Elevator guys I am taking your word for it and must have grabbed a handful of elevator at launch. I don't do that with the Funjet so I don't understand why I am doing it with this plane unless it is just subconscious paranoia after the "failure to launch." Wonder if I spelled those words right Oh Well...you know what I mean!
Last edited by arcticflyer; Oct 09, 2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:56 AM
Joined Dec 2004
786 Posts
Hmm why is an 'Arcticflyer' deterred by a few flakes of snow?

:P:P
Gerben is offline Find More Posts by Gerben
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:19 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticflyer View Post
As far as the UP Elevator guys I am taking your word for it
If you pause the video at launch, you will see MAX elevator deflection, it appears as a shadow, but there is no mistaking the full up elevator.

Its just a question of when did it go back to neutral ?
You cant really tell by looking at the planes track in flight, but it appears as if you super smoothely got it back to neutral as she got up to flight speed, and avoided any response by the plane for full elevator due to the lower speed at launch.
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway