SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Kmot, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 04:14 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,614 Posts
Discussion
LA City Parking Enforcement

I am pissed off! I live on a quiet cul de sac street. No traffic at all except the people who live here. Well, some douche bag LA City parking attendant drove up our street and just gave my wifes car a ticket for being parked too far away from the curb. I went out and confronted the beeatch about what the he!! she was doing ticketing my wifes car parked in front of our house and she smirked as she said "too fah from da curb".

The ticket says 18". I measured it and the cars tire was 19". One inch over the beaatch's limit. Ticket is $58 bucks.

My wife has parked the car the same way for 13 years.

I hate L.A. I hate California. I hope every douche bag LA parking attendant has their organs fall off!
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2012, 04:25 PM
Johnny Rabuse
Joined Aug 2011
469 Posts
Just vote Republican

Theyll lay the troll off
JohnnyCrash.NYC is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyCrash.NYC
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 20, 2012, 05:48 AM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,961 Posts
Just think of it as your contribution towards getting the state out of the budget deficit, or better yet, towards supporting public education. That's what I usually do when I'm pissed about a ticket - helps me chill out.
-J
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:58 AM
Johnny Rabuse
Joined Aug 2011
469 Posts
sorry about the ticket ...

But you should see what they do to us here in NYC ....think you got it bad?

Over here the price of a meter ticket is 65 bucks and and and its 25 cents for 7 minutes!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:26 AM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,614 Posts
I could feel less mad about it, if it was a legitimate parking ticket. I.E., an expired meter on a business street. Blocking a driveway, and etc.

BUT, it was on a quiet residential street, with a cul de sac. NO traffic except the residents and there are only six houses on the entire street!

To me, it feels like a home invasion by government thugs. The only reason the beeatch was even in the neighborhood is because we live three blocks from a university and so the L.A. City parking attendant's roam the area looking to ticket the students cars.

I have been ticketed 6 times for parking in my own driveway! Because it is a short driveway and my truck crosses over the sidewalk. When these homes were built it was not an ordnance against being in our own driveway. Then about 10 years ago L.A. figured they could make money by creating a new law and ticketing us.

I hate those parking douche bag's with all my might!
Old Jun 20, 2012, 01:59 PM
Johnny Rabuse
Joined Aug 2011
469 Posts
Question???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot View Post
I could feel less mad about it, if it was a legitimate parking ticket. I.E., an expired meter on a business street. Blocking a driveway, and etc.

BUT, it was on a quiet residential street, with a cul de sac. NO traffic except the residents and there are only six houses on the entire street!

To me, it feels like a home invasion by government thugs. The only reason the beeatch was even in the neighborhood is because we live three blocks from a university and so the L.A. City parking attendant's roam the area looking to ticket the students cars.

I have been ticketed 6 times for parking in my own driveway! Because it is a short driveway and my truck crosses over the sidewalk. When these homes were built it was not an ordnance against being in our own driveway. Then about 10 years ago L.A. figured they could make money by creating a new law and ticketing us.

I hate those parking douche bag's with all my might!
Are LA Parking attendents privatized or are they govermental?

Here in NYC your not allowed to block the sidewalk in your driveway you can block the driveway but you cant block the sidewalk ...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 20, 2012, 02:37 PM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,614 Posts
They are City of Los Angeles employee's. They are city government people.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:34 PM
Johnny Rabuse
Joined Aug 2011
469 Posts
Plead not guilty make them work for it ...and if you dont show up she did the County looses her on the street and looses money if everyone in the State pleaded not guilty the system would explode ....

To bad everyone cant get together on this law enforcement shouldnt be about revenue collection it should be about getting bad guys with guns off the streets ...

I truly feel your aggrivation though ... 55 bucks buys alot of grocerys
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:51 PM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,614 Posts
Quote:
law enforcement shouldnt be about revenue collection it should be about getting bad guys with guns off the streets
Amen brother!
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:11 PM
If you cant find it Build it!
NEAR ST. LOUIS ILL. SIDE
Joined Jan 2006
1,526 Posts
Tom move out here to broke ILL. with me and you can park anywhere you want even in the front yard like some do around here!
It may not be beautiful Cal. wheather here but you are left alone! "well most of the time"
And its cheaper here too!
LONGBIKE is offline Find More Posts by LONGBIKE
Old Jun 22, 2012, 02:01 AM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,614 Posts
Oh man Jeff, you don't know how bad I would love to move out your way!