HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by skydve76, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 09:24 AM
More jets than a carburetor
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2008
2,809 Posts
Discussion
First Turbine Powered Flights, EDF is harder

Wife forgot the camera of course The maiden was filmed but I didnt fly it.

The ModelBau F-86D is EASY to fly. Much easier than my HET a-10. Why?
The F-86D has tons of power, it tracks on rails, bucks the wind. While it may be faster in top speed, it is also way bigger therefore I can make out the profile from far away. the little a-10 is not much slower and the thing turns into a dot very fast.

Now with that said I did bounce my landings a bit, only because I come in too hot. The thing has such a light wing loading it doesnt want to stop flying!

A couple more flights and I'll be greasing them in. Getting used to the slow landings will take some time!

Pics, video, etc coming!

F-16 up next!
skydve76 is offline Find More Posts by skydve76
to remove ads between posts