HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by IntegrityHndywrk, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 04:04 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,789 Posts
Data
4F200SD5 Video and Pictures

Well. I've been holding back on releasing pictures or video of this very nice, very cool little project I've been working on. The helicopter has evolved past what i am currently releasing. But, none the less. Here is where i started:

The "4F200SD5"

Here is the initial test hover! I was so excited!

4F200SD5 - 5 Blade rotor first test hover! (3 min 7 sec)

So i had to take it for a test flight to make sure it would fly

4F200SD5 - 5 Blade Rotor - Test flight at the park (5 min 29 sec)

Then after a little while i got some new blades for it and managed to tune the helicopter a little more. These new blades are more flexible and much more narrow. They really flew much nicer and allowed me to open up my pitch curves a lot more. Previously I had to limited at the extremes at least 10% or more due to the width and additional load of the white 200mm blades. The narrower blades made the collective stick a little bit less sensitive even with nearly full pitch range (0-100%), since less air was moving per blade now.

Excuse the dirty, scratched paint job on the canopy. This was a test flight and i didn't want to crack up my nice white one. I still am unsure which blades will be best suited for actual flight in the end. But the black blades will look nicer later... Trust me.
4f200SD5 - 5 BL Rotor - SD5 Stock blades test flight (4 min 30 sec)
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Sep 10, 2012 at 08:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts