HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2012, 06:41 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Apr 2009
431 Posts
Discussion
thirty two inch guillows lancer

so far so good. balanced out a little tail heavy and needed a 460 MAh 2s which I think is too big for a park flyer weighing 105 grams as in picture. ill move the 10 gram motor forward by an inch and see if I cant swap the 10 gram motor for 5 gram and run it on a 180 mAh 2s to keep the weight to 110 to 120 grams. with the 460 mAh batter it weighs 140 grams. had a twist in the wing which i need to straighten out bef ore the next test flight.
paulatgis is offline Find More Posts by paulatgis
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2012, 02:23 PM
Joined Apr 2009
431 Posts
fixed the wing warp. added foam bumper firewall to move motor forward almost an inch. still had trouble turning right. gent at field advised to add right trust. did so. now can turn right, not as fast as left but better. added even more right. gonna test fly again later.

ill cover the fuse after flight trim gets worked out in case i have to move servos and receiver forward still.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined Apr 2009
431 Posts
im hoping to make it a mini thermaler which is why i want it super light. not sure about a folder prop. they are alot heavier than a regular gws prop. brake is on, maybe it'll glide ok without lots of drag.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 03:05 PM
Joined Apr 2009
431 Posts
nose damage

took it out again. pretty windy for a 130 gram plane. seemed not to climb, so added shim at wing leading edge raise incidence. could now fly at lower throttle.

turning to right not bad, maybe had problems because turning right was into stiff breeze while turning left was down wind.

almost near trees I dropped the nose and headed down quickly couldnt right it before landing. bumper nose absorbed some but not all impact. clean shear of top of front of fuse. note the stick build fuse in 2nd picture. stiff yes, but brittle.

going to replace broken nose vertical sticks with blue foam sides, hold the bumper foam in place that way too. thread bumper foam to blue foam sides with glue and fishing line.

at least now i can move motor even further forward and try that 5gram motor and smaller prop. get the weight down to 110 grams hopefully. might have to keep it grounded on windy days. Ha! fat chance on that - too fun.