HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2012, 04:05 PM
Joined Jul 2011
141 Posts
Question
Has any body here ever started their own indoor rc club?

Hello

I has hoping to gather some advice and suggestions about starting a Indoor only
RC club? I know all the hoops with the ama documents, but in the real world, how hard is this to do? Are YMCA's and or large churches with gyms eager and or excited to get a club in their gyms?
Any chance we can use local school gyms? (Provided there are no sports or school going on?)

Thanks for what ever help I get, please if ur gonna tell me just goto the AMA website... then dont bother posting because i already know that lol
Beeler19 is offline Find More Posts by Beeler19
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:18 PM
United States, OH, Strongsville
Joined Nov 2000
2,697 Posts
I belong to 2 groups that do indoor flying during the winter.

One is a formal outdoor RC club. The president approached the school about using their gym.
We have to fit in around the kid's schedule. Any conflict and the school activities win. We typically can select a data about a few weeks in advance.
The fee is something like $50 for a 3 hour slot.
We have to buy a rider for the facilities. I think it was something like $60 for the season.
Oh, we have to wear tennis shoes.

The second group is loosely associated with another club. One of the church elders uses the indoor flying as an outreach program. Many club members and many church members (and their kids) interact. Wonderfully large gymnasium. Yes, many youngsters were not fully aware of club etiquette, but the point was to get them in the church and it worked. Gentle coaching helped them understand how to interact with other pilots.
Vince Herman is offline Find More Posts by Vince Herman
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:23 PM
Joined Jul 2011
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Herman View Post
I belong to 2 groups that do indoor flying during the winter.

One is a formal outdoor RC club. The president approached the school about using their gym.
We have to fit in around the kid's schedule. Any conflict and the school activities win. We typically can select a data about a few weeks in advance.
The fee is something like $50 for a 3 hour slot.
We have to buy a rider for the facilities. I think it was something like $60 for the season.
Oh, we have to wear tennis shoes.

The second group is loosely associated with another club. One of the church elders uses the indoor flying as an outreach program. Many club members and many church members (and their kids) interact. Wonderfully large gymnasium. Yes, many youngsters were not fully aware of club etiquette, but the point was to get them in the church and it worked. Gentle coaching helped them understand how to interact with other pilots.
Very helpfull sir, thank u for your post! I hope to use itt after i graduate aircraft maintance school and move out =]
I like the church idea, always great to have a family and friends fellowship thing like that
Old Jun 18, 2012, 08:36 PM
Mack
Australia, VIC, Mentone
Joined Jun 2004
483 Posts
We are obviously a long, long way from you but our "club", that has worked informally for many years, is finally going through the process of becoming an incorporated body, mainly for insurance reasons. We are also attempting to affiliate with the Australian Men's Shed Movement that has considerable political support and clout across the country fostering healthy activities for older men. We hope this link will facilitate more economical insurance and access to larger venues than our present hall. I believe that an equivalent movement called Men's Dens may be setting up in the US.
By the way, never fly with athiests. They believe there is a scientific understanding to why their models fly - what nonsense! Anyway, There are not many Halls of Athiesm around to fly in.
Peter Mack is offline Find More Posts by Peter Mack
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:14 PM
Joined Jul 2011
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mack View Post
We are obviously a long, long way from you but our "club", that has worked informally for many years, is finally going through the process of becoming an incorporated body, mainly for insurance reasons. We are also attempting to affiliate with the Australian Men's Shed Movement that has considerable political support and clout across the country fostering healthy activities for older men. We hope this link will facilitate more economical insurance and access to larger venues than our present hall. I believe that an equivalent movement called Men's Dens may be setting up in the US.
By the way, never fly with athiests. They believe there is a scientific understanding to why their models fly - what nonsense! Anyway, There are not many Halls of Athiesm around to fly in.
Yeah why cant they just be happy and acept God?
I think alot of them are attention needy, they argue hard core, eager to upset ppl, or "win" to feed their need to be right, and grip ur attention