HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2012, 04:34 PM
Joined Feb 2012
8 Posts
Discussion
9x Switch Error (Switches in the correct positions)

I have a t9x and i keep getting switch error. The front switches are all pointing towards the top and the top switches are pointing to the back. Ive tried to google the problem but cant come up with an answer. I checked out the solder joints and they appear to be solid, however the pots on the top and front have some corrosion. I have reseated all the cables as well.

Any idea what the problem may be? I can post some pictures of the internals.

Thanks
mkirby is offline Find More Posts by mkirby
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:13 PM
Forest Grove, OR
Joined Nov 2004
4 Posts
9X TX Switch Error!

I have the same problem with my 9x. With all the switches in the correct position, the tx continues to beep and prevent any further action. Good luck if you bought it from Hobbypartz, I have been trying for weeks to even get them to answer to no avail.
Amphog is offline Find More Posts by Amphog
Old Jun 18, 2012, 06:27 PM
United States, NY, Shirley
Joined Oct 2008
2,006 Posts
I would check and make sure the switches are good and the solder joints as well.
reacher10 is offline Find More Posts by reacher10
Old Jun 19, 2012, 02:29 PM
Joined Feb 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reacher10 View Post
I would check and make sure the switches are good and the solder joints as well.
Checked the solder joints and switches. they all seem to work fine and the joints look ok
Old Jun 19, 2012, 05:01 PM
Forest Grove, OR
Joined Nov 2004
4 Posts
One bit of information: When I left my transmitter in the the car that was sitting in the sun, the beeping stopped and the transmitter began to function normally. When it cooled back down the beeping returned.
Amphog is offline Find More Posts by Amphog
Old Jun 19, 2012, 07:54 PM
United States, NY, Shirley
Joined Oct 2008
2,006 Posts
Try asking your question over here...There are some real experts there.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1035575
reacher10 is offline Find More Posts by reacher10
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:32 AM
Joined Feb 2012
8 Posts
after probing with my meter, i found 3 dead switches. I tricked those switches into being closed to get the transmitter to boot up. It did, however the down and right menu buttons also dont work.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 04:45 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Oct 2011
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkirby View Post
after probing with my meter, i found 3 dead switches. I tricked those switches into being closed to get the transmitter to boot up. It did, however the down and right menu buttons also dont work.
Followed over to this thread from the other one. Has the TX possibly gotten a dose of salt or other corrosion? If you can load the er9x firmware you will be able to ignore switch errors and check the actual operation of the switches. Be sure you have calibrated the pots, too as this will give errors sometimes. Good luck.
Crashj007 is offline Find More Posts by Crashj007