my flight was with no changes, so 5 i think
i will try faster switching on weekend.
V_Okto is offline Find More Posts by V_Okto
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:01 AM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,162 Posts
Will the EE have any trouble picking between 5.8 and 1.3? I've got a big ol battery for my GS and I fly both freq, was planning to connect them to EE not for diversity, but just for the simplicity of not having to change configs when changing aircraft.
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:33 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
Will the EE have any trouble picking between 5.8 and 1.3? I've got a big ol battery for my GS and I fly both freq, was planning to connect them to EE not for diversity, but just for the simplicity of not having to change configs when changing aircraft.
video is video, no matter what frequency it is on.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:01 PM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
video is video, no matter what frequency it is on.
Granted, I forgot to mention I have the RC305 5.8 RX that has been having signal selection issues. If it were to change to my 1.3 RX in the middle of a flight that would be sub-optimal.
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:30 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
Granted, I forgot to mention I have the RC305 5.8 RX that has been having signal selection issues. If it were to change to my 1.3 RX in the middle of a flight that would be sub-optimal.
If you have a 5.8 on one input

and a 1.3 on another input,

and you do not receive signal from the unused frequency, then it will not switch to

the frequency that is not receiving a signal.

You could go one step further and put each receiver on its' own switch, or unplug the barrel connector (power) to the unused receiver.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:59 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,583 Posts
Yeah but there is/was issues with the RC305's switching, hence this testing..

Dion
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Mar 05, 2013, 02:37 PM
Joined Feb 2012
21 Posts
Update not possible

Hey guys,

a few weeks have passed since this firmware update was released... Can you guys confirm that this firmware update solves the switching problem?
Is it still working for you, V_Okto?

I experienced this switching as well... unfortunately, I canīt perform the firmware update: After connecting the EagleEyes I get the message that a new firmware is available. But then an error message pops up: "An unsupported operation was attempted..." (something like that).

I tried to reinstall it a few times without success. Is it necessary to delete the settings stored in the "documents folder"? I only deleted the installation folder before the new installation so far... What the hell am I doing wrong here?

cheers
Sebastian
doc.maunz is offline Find More Posts by doc.maunz
Old Mar 05, 2013, 03:11 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
HI Sebastian,

Sorry for the issue. I think the issue may be with the German language version of the latest alpha software. Can you confirm whether you are using English or German version?
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 05, 2013, 03:13 PM
Joined Feb 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
HI Sebastian,

Sorry for the issue. I think the issue may be with the German language version of the latest alpha software. Can you confirm whether you are using English or German version?
Hi Bill,

its the German one...
Old Mar 05, 2013, 03:14 PM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc.maunz View Post
Hey guys,

a few weeks have passed since this firmware update was released... Can you guys confirm that this firmware update solves the switching problem?
Is it still working for you, V_Okto?

I experienced this switching as well... unfortunately, I canīt perform the firmware update: After connecting the EagleEyes I get the message that a new firmware is available. But then an error message pops up: "An unsupported operation was attempted..." (something like that).

I tried to reinstall it a few times without success. Is it necessary to delete the settings stored in the "documents folder"? I only deleted the installation folder before the new installation so far... What the hell am I doing wrong here?

cheers
Sebastian
Hi Sebastian,

iīve updated, but not tested the fw due too bad weather. updating was easy as usual.
just a few thoughts about your issue.
try to uninstall the et-soft with the windows unininstall utility. all your personal settings will stay on the pc. then do a new install of the new soft using the same directory than before.
try to connect the ee to external power supply.
hope this helps.

cu Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Mar 05, 2013, 03:25 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi Sebastian,

Sorry about that - would you be able to switch from the German to English software language temporarily? We will get this resolved soon.
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 05, 2013, 03:26 PM
Joined Feb 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc.maunz View Post
Hi Bill,

its the German one...
Ok I changed to english language settings... update successful!

Thanks a lot!
Old Mar 06, 2013, 12:39 PM
Joined Feb 2011
472 Posts
Hey i did another range test with he diversity... not working at all.

switches to the SWP 3km out lol ^^ i was in perfekt helix beam. stayed on the swp with very poor video,switched back after i got a total video loss 45sec after the first switch.

i have a video maybe you can do some improvement.
im thinking of changing the diversity
Old Mar 06, 2013, 02:34 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi V_Okto, sorry to hear about that. I'm assuming that you updated the EE firmware with the software you installed?

Yes, I would like to see the video. One thing that I've started working on is firmware that lets you set a "channel affinity" which will switch back to the preferred channel when both appear equal. Sometimes fuzzy video appears ok to the EE, depending on how bad it is. We have another project (hardware) that may further address the issue in these cases.
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 07, 2013, 01:06 PM
Joined Feb 2011
472 Posts
soo here the video :

newes alpha software
Foxtech gear, 2x rc305 and 200mw tx.
Swp/Helix
sony 600tvl wdr

Hope the video helps, i can also send you the original file of the flight if that could be important, enjoy the ride at the beautiful castle Teck
ET Diversity Test (0 min 0 sec)