SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 23, 2012, 02:15 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Hey, that receiver started shipping after the EE, so they have to fix it, right? The receiver just arrived here and is being set up now. Should have some news in the next few days - hopefully we'll be able to resolve the issue in firmware.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:55 PM
Joined Jun 2012
42 Posts
I hope you can duplicate the problem. Even if that is not possible... great service!
ReneNL is offline Find More Posts by ReneNL
Old Jul 28, 2012, 04:34 AM
Austria
Joined Apr 2011
72 Posts
I also hope there will be a fix. Because today i have received my EE Groundstation, and i will also use it with RC305 and SPW-Helical :-)

Greets
schmiernippel is offline Find More Posts by schmiernippel
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:56 AM
Joined Feb 2011
466 Posts
me 2
V_Okto is offline Find More Posts by V_Okto
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:24 AM
Austria
Joined Apr 2011
72 Posts
Any news ???
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:58 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Hmm, I run two RC305 vrx's on my diversity with no problems at all. I bought my vrx's from hobbyking all at different times the latest purchase being about February this year. I'm running a SPW and 7 turn Helical.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:29 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Hello,

I've sort of a similar issue but different

I run 2xRC305, one SPW and one helical, problem is it keeps switching back and forth the whole time, it doesn't favour one. Running latest beta software,

Here is a vid showing how it switches, I've set sensitivity to 1, same thing, just slower, Tx is the "Normal" 200mw 5.8

Eagle Eyes Diversity issue (0 min 16 sec)

rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Last edited by rcimports; Aug 04, 2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 10:46 AM
Austria
Joined Apr 2011
72 Posts
@Teamsherman : Which firmware are you running and which settings do you use for sensitvy? Are the SPW on AV 1 or 2 ? Do you use the telemetry feature ore only the diversity ?
Thanks in Advance :-)

Greets
Old Aug 06, 2012, 03:46 AM
Joined Jun 2012
42 Posts
@rcimports: Never seen anything like this. Did it ever worked or is this something new? Anyway, even if you put sen. on 10, this very fast switching is not normal. Did you allready reset yours by just update the firmware again? Nice compact box do
Old Aug 06, 2012, 05:08 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
You won't believe this but I got it resolved last night!!

Strangely enough, if the black level on you're text is 3 or less it keep on switching!! Changed it to 4, problem solved

Oh, and it's actually in the troubleshooting part of the manual...

D
Last edited by rcimports; Aug 06, 2012 at 05:13 AM.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 09:45 AM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports View Post
You won't believe this but I got it resolved last night!!

Strangely enough, if the black level on you're text is 3 or less it keep on switching!! Changed it to 4, problem solved

Oh, and it's actually in the troubleshooting part of the manual...

D
Yes, but the main problem is, when you don't use the OSD Pro.
so just the Eagle Eyes as stand alone, without any OSD.
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
Old Aug 06, 2012, 10:53 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
When I use it standalone it's fine, but my issue is/was different..
Old Aug 06, 2012, 09:34 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Quick update. I have examined the RC305 output under an oscilloscope. What is happening is that, with bright images, and especially during transition to bright, the synch information in the video is being badly distorted, at least in the setup here. This is causing the EE detect bad video frames, and hence the switching. The degree of severity of the distortion varies with the brightness of the image (using a WDR600 for this test, with adjustable brightness and other settings), so I suspect camera variation may at least partially explain why some people are seeing an issue with the RC305 and others aren't. As an aside, the monitor I am using here loses synch when this happens (though my goggles don't seem to).

Now, what do we do about it? I'm in the process of implementing some changes in the firmware which may be able to mitigate it. Those will take a few more days to finish, and then we'll need to test them with a variety of setups to confirm it works, and doesn't break diversity otherwise.

One thing that greatly reduces the diversity switching (at least here) is to reduce the sensitivity. If you are having this issue, and have not already tried a lower sensitivity (lowest is 1) please give that a try.

Will post later when more testing is done.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:37 PM
Joined Jun 2012
42 Posts
Thank you billpa. So, for this test I also can change brightness etc on my cam since it has it's own OSD.
Flatten everything out can be a test solution.

In a few days there are different cams coming over from security 2000. I can do a test with these cams to.

If you have the firmware ready, please send me a copy so I can help you to test.

Rene
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:31 AM
Joined Feb 2011
466 Posts
i tryed all sensivity numbers (1-10) it just changes the speed the "wrong" diversity switches are made.
i want to test that too

what i found out that my gopro1 hd live out switches like every 2-3 seconds, but with my WDR600 switching is slower. (sens 5)
V_Okto is offline Find More Posts by V_Okto