Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 02, 2012, 02:58 AM
Joined Dec 2011
96 Posts
Hi Robert,

The ESC that come with the package has the appropriate Hard Brake, that was one of the reason I choose this ESC cause so far other ESC that I had test does not have strong brake like the one I put as combo ESC.

I have try the controller with wing attached (means motor has load) and its accuracy is around 5-10 degree from the magnet position.

I also implement slowdown mechanism, so once you put the throttle down, the motor will spins in "Slowdown speed" for 500ms and keep spins until it sense the magnet.

The "slowdown speed" can be configured by user in easy way (shown in my video).

We've tried this controller in real flight and we can achive almost 90% sucessfull glide.

Hope my explanation asnwer your concern

Cheers,

Yovi
yovio is offline Find More Posts by yovio
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:25 AM
Joined May 2012
14 Posts
Does the birds you make come with motor, esc, and servos or do they have to be purchased separately? I'm thinking about getting one and the SK ones either take forever or not at all.
sgtbean is offline Find More Posts by sgtbean
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:33 AM
Joined Dec 2011
96 Posts
Hi Sgtbean,

I'm sorry if our website was not informative. I just add more information on the product description.

The bird come in PNF version, you just need to provide RX+TX and lippo. Motor, esc and servos (metal gear) are built in the price.

The bird will be 90% pre-assembled.

IMHO, with 3K Carbon Fiber as main material, inluding 2 Metal gear servo, motor & esc, the bird has more value.

Support for parts will be available soon.

Cheers,

Yovi
Last edited by yovio; Jul 02, 2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 04:52 PM
Beaver Dam.Wi.
Joined Jan 2003
308 Posts
Hi Jovio

Wow, with all those electronics added and carbon fiber body your Ornithopter
is a better price that the SK ornithopter IMHO
Thanks for making it available
harrisdouma is offline Find More Posts by harrisdouma
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:14 AM
Joined Dec 2011
96 Posts
Processing time and delivery.

For those who wondering how long it take for us to process your order and how long it take for delivery from Singapore. Here is some brief guidelines.

Glide Controller:
Processing Time : 1-3 days (Once we mail the item, we will inform the tracking number, if after this time frame you don't get tracking number and can't contact me you can raise paypal dispute )

Protoseni's Eagle:
Processing Time:7-10 days (Once we mail the item, we will inform the tracking number. If after this time frame you don't get tracking number and can't contact me you can raise paypal dispute )

Both items will be delivered using Register Air Mail (Handled by Singapore post on Singapore side and USPS on US side or other country postal service).

Delivery time is about 10-15 working days, this one I can't guarantee since it's depends on how good you treat the postman
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:21 AM
Joined Dec 2011
96 Posts
Price without Servo & Combo with Glide Controller

For those who has spare servos and wondering whether I will sell the bird without servo and how much will it be. I can sell the bird without servo and the price is S$ 465 (About 365 USD).

Please note that, you need to provide 2 9gr servos and appropriate Servo horn (Big and long enough to hold the tail mechanism).

And for those who plan to buy the bird and Glide controller, you can get the Glide controller for S$65 (About 51 USD) cause the ESC will be part of the bird itself.
Last edited by yovio; Jul 03, 2012 at 04:36 AM.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 04:11 AM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
1,997 Posts
Can you please specify if it is US currency or Singapore currency. We may have newbys joining us for the first time and didn't want to give them a Hart attack about the price.. Thanks
G-LO is online now Find More Posts by G-LO
Old Jul 03, 2012, 04:34 AM
Joined Dec 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO View Post
Can you please specify if it is US currency or Singapore currency. We may have newbys joining us for the first time and didn't want to give them a Hart attack about the price.. Thanks
Thank you for the suggestion

Basically when I use S$, it will be in Singapore dollar. The current rate is about 1 USD = 1.28 SGD

Going forward I'll try to provide estimate price in USD as well.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 02:33 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,448 Posts
Disgusting

I don't know what's more disgusting here.. this shameless THIEVERY of my life's work being called "Protoseni's Bird"...or the willingness of what I thought were my supportive customers to buy such an adulteration if the price were right.

"Protoseni" ( Amas Leong) LIED through his teeth to me saying he wanted "samples" of my ornithopters with the intent on becoming my Singapore dealer. And contrary to what he said about waiting, I shipped his birds FAST.

ANYONE who buys this shameless copy of my designs is supporting industrial espionage and PIRACY plain and simple.

Now I know who my real allies are and who aren't.
Kinkade is offline Find More Posts by Kinkade
Old Jul 03, 2012, 03:06 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,448 Posts
Shame

On March 20th 2012 Amas Leong wrote:

"Hi i from Singapore, RC Products Purchaser, Which like to Order or to carry your RC Ornithopters. which look Great to Market.

And like to Know more on this, but i also viewing 3 model on you site ( Park Hawk4, Slow Hawk4 & Shrike2 ) only with image.

1) And if to Order i do i go about, Do your ship international - Asia like Singapore?
2) And how to make Payment?
3) i have a FedEX A/C, isit can use my A/C to Ship?
4) I Am a Re-Seller any Best Price for me?
--

Rgds

Mobile:+65 84489917

Company:PROTOSENI.Singapore/Malaysia.
Exhibition . Display . Deco . RC Hobby Products.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 06:11 PM
Joined Dec 2011
96 Posts
Hi Kinkade,

I'm not agree if you call Protoseni does piracy of your work's. Here are the facts that I know:
1. Protoseni did buy R&R Kestrel Plan which available for puchase from R&R.
2. I saw the 2 birds, yours and Protoseni's and they are totally different and not a copy or clone or piracy that you said. Material different, shape of the main frame totally different, gears construction different, tail construction different, Wing's attachment different, motor choices different. If this you call piracy than I would say all car manufacturer except Mercedes does a piracy job (Based on Wiki Mercedes is first manufacturer in 1881).
3. He did intent to become your reseller but after learning about how you handle your customer, he realized it will be lots of problem on his side, so he decide top go another ways by producing his own by buying R&R Kestrel plan.

My suggestion for you, treat your customer well, when they are happy, they will not look elsewhere like Protoseni's bird.

Cheers,

Yovi
Old Jul 03, 2012, 06:40 PM
United States, GA, Dacula
Joined Apr 2012
25 Posts
All I can add to that is........ go Yovi! Go Yovi! Go Yovi!

Oh....and you forgot one critical difference between SK and Protoseni. SK doesn't offer nor have an electronic glide controller. Just sayin'
bwayneholt is offline Find More Posts by bwayneholt
Old Jul 04, 2012, 04:57 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yovio View Post
Hi Kinkade,

I'm not agree if you call Protoseni does piracy of your work's. Here are the facts that I know:
1. Protoseni did buy R&R Kestrel Plan which available for puchase from R&R.
2. I saw the 2 birds, yours and Protoseni's and they are totally different and not a copy or clone or piracy that you said. Material different, shape of the main frame totally different, gears construction different, tail construction different, Wing's attachment different, motor choices different. If this you call piracy than I would say all car manufacturer except Mercedes does a piracy job (Based on Wiki Mercedes is first manufacturer in 1881).
3. He did intent to become your reseller but after learning about how you handle your customer, he realized it will be lots of problem on his side, so he decide top go another ways by producing his own by buying R&R Kestrel plan.

My suggestion for you, treat your customer well, when they are happy, they will not look elsewhere like Protoseni's bird.

Cheers,

Yovi
Yovi, you are apparently too new to this venue to know anything about the history of modern ornithopter development. The so called "R&R Kestral" was ALSO a flagrant ripoff of my Slow Hawk 1 in 2002 by one David Reidel..who also by the way disguised himself as a "dealer to be" of mine..someone I even trusted guarded trade secrets with only to be stabbed in the back. So..no way around it.. Protoseni copied MY design.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 05:01 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwayneholt View Post
All I can add to that is........ go Yovi! Go Yovi! Go Yovi!

Oh....and you forgot one critical difference between SK and Protoseni. SK doesn't offer nor have an electronic glide controller. Just sayin'
Nothing beats the simplicity and lightness of my mechanical Glide-Loc. LIG and myself did extensive testing which supported this.

You should be ashamed of yourself Wayne Holt.
Last edited by Kinkade; Jul 04, 2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 05:13 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,853 Posts
Yeah, You did good with the suggestions
LifeisGood is offline Find More Posts by LifeisGood