HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:41 AM
Joined Dec 2011
96 Posts
Hi Brian,

Thank you so much for the inputs and advise, we really appreciate it. Protoseni's reply does not mean we got offended by your input, it just a matter of wording

Guys, keep giving us critics and inputs, its valuable to make this bird better cause I know some of you had flew this kind of bird for years and you guys has more experienced than we do.

We just finish with fly test, the glide controller works very well, smooth stop and precise. The bird flew well but due to strong winds we can't do lots of test. We'll try to do more test tomorrow and hopefully we can upload video of the flight.

Be blessed,

Yovi
yovio is offline Find More Posts by yovio
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2012, 12:47 AM
DIY Mania from Taiwan
Taiwan
Joined Aug 2011
1,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yovio View Post
Hi Brian,

Thank you so much for the inputs and advise, we really appreciate it. Protoseni's reply does not mean we got offended by your input, it just a matter of wording

Guys, keep giving us critics and inputs, its valuable to make this bird better cause I know some of you had flew this kind of bird for years and you guys has more experienced than we do.

We just finish with fly test, the glide controller works very well, smooth stop and precise. The bird flew well but due to strong winds we can't do lots of test. We'll try to do more test tomorrow and hopefully we can upload video of the flight.

Be blessed,

Yovi

Sam
samwei1950 is offline Find More Posts by samwei1950
Old Jun 24, 2012, 02:24 AM
australia
Joined Apr 2007
2,093 Posts
would love to see video and i was just suggesting nothing more as i have flown many many hours with ornithopters and know which parts do wear after time as alot of others in here know as well best regards Brian cant wait to see some video
therealthing691 is offline Find More Posts by therealthing691
Last edited by therealthing691; Jun 24, 2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:42 AM
Joined Dec 2011
96 Posts
Video of few flight we made earlier. The wind quite strong.

Ornithopters (6 min 13 sec)
Old Jun 25, 2012, 01:43 AM
DIY Mania from Taiwan
Taiwan
Joined Aug 2011
1,904 Posts
Quote:
Video of few flight we made earlier. The wind quite strong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2Xk1...yer_detailpage
Nice flight,earnestly suggest to do some acrobatic flights of the new bird to attract more attentions if you don't mind
Brian have done some vids on acrobatic flights earlier with his SK & scratchbuilt ornis.
regards
Sam
samwei1950 is offline Find More Posts by samwei1950
Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:27 PM
Joined Dec 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwei1950 View Post
Nice flight,earnestly suggest to do some acrobatic flights of the new bird to attract more attentions if you don't mind
Brian have done some vids on acrobatic flights earlier with his SK & scratchbuilt ornis.
regards
Sam
Thanks for the suggestion Sam. If I can be honest, both me and Protoseni are Lousy pilots I'm not even dare to fly the bird, I only hovering heli and ussually fly Multirotor, never fly plane or bird. Might try the bird in the future once I have enough confidence after practicing at the simulator.

Cheers,

Yovi
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:38 AM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Yovio, are plans still in the works to begin offering the birds for sale fairly soon? I'll have to wait a few weeks myself due to travel, but looking forward to seeing them "out in the wild"
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:50 AM
Joined Dec 2011
96 Posts
More video guys, the bird fly very well against the strong wind.

Ornithopters (1 min 39 sec)

Ornithopters - New Wing (3 min 7 sec)

The bird will be available from:
http://www.sgdrone.com/p/18/ornithopter-bird

I will enable buy button in few hours and please note, it will take 1 week to prepare the bird.

Curentlly I only configure shipping calculation for US and Australia, if you stay in other country please let me know and I will setup the shipping cost.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:15 AM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,048 Posts
Oops that $485.00 is in Singapore currency. So its $380.00 US not including shipping. Wow, that's expensive..! Humm... Sorry dude.
G-LO is online now Find More Posts by G-LO
Last edited by G-LO; Jul 01, 2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 11:17 AM
Joined Dec 2011
96 Posts
Glide controller available for puchase now:
http://www.sgdrone.com/p/19/ornithop...ide-controller

Ornithopters Glide Controller (0 min 47 sec)
Old Jul 01, 2012, 11:30 AM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,048 Posts
What is "New wing"? Any pictures?
G-LO is online now Find More Posts by G-LO
Old Jul 01, 2012, 11:57 AM
Blue Falcon
the Netherlands
Joined Jan 2007
698 Posts
Nice work! Do you sell also only the glide controller without the ESC?
bluefalconhollan is offline Find More Posts by bluefalconhollan
Old Jul 01, 2012, 07:51 PM
Joined Dec 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefalconhollan View Post
Nice work! Do you sell also only the glide controller without the ESC?
Hi BlueFalcon,

At this moment we're not selling the GlideController without the ESC and less likelly we're gonna sell this controller alone.

The reason behind this decission was that there were so many ESC available in the market and its ESC has its own programming characteristic. Some ESC characteristics conflicting with the way the controller work and some of them are not 100% reliable in the break system some were incompatible at all.

To support all ESC its just something that we can't provide at this moment and we decide to sell the controller as Combo, and moreover the ESC was not priced at Premium price. The ESC should able to drive almost all motors availble for Ornithopters.

Please let me know what are your concern.

Regards,

Yovi
Old Jul 01, 2012, 07:53 PM
Joined Dec 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO View Post
What is "New wing"? Any pictures?
The green color on the second video is the new Wing. I will put the picture later, but it will not be available anytime soon, cause we're still enhance the design.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 01:38 AM
Blue Falcon
the Netherlands
Joined Jan 2007
698 Posts
Quote:
Hi BlueFalcon,

Please let me know what are your concern.

Regards,

Yovi
My concern is..yes the brake. I only found a controller that has a hard brake to stop the motor directly and that is the tiny graupner ESC. Your Glider control looks perfect to me as I can see in your video but I am not sure your ESC has a hard brake. Very clever how you stop the motor by the second puls from the magnet!

Robert.
bluefalconhollan is offline Find More Posts by bluefalconhollan