HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 30, 2012, 04:23 AM
Joined Jun 2012
12 Posts
have to work for a week...

Gentlemen thank you both for your input. Unfortunately I've got to take off for a week to perform a 100 Hour inspection on a friend's Piper Turbo Mailibu PA46. :-( I get to fly it a little afterwards but other than that it's hot work in Thailand.. Back on it the 7th.

Franciscan you're right it's a bit tough to maintain the scale appearance. The hardest part or perhaps the biggest compromise will be the aileron control system. I'm contemplating either a very small servo in the wing w/ tourque rods or control cables from a servo with wheel in the fuselage, i.e kevlar fishing line. Easy enough to adjust through top of fuse and wing runners can be made of Q-Tip tubes but a bit fiddely for my backyard flyer. I dont want anything too hideous though. I'll value your input so hang in there. Wing rib section? Clark Y ? undercambered? it's not too hard either way just gets narrower for A-ron controls with undercambered..

Kdahl... thanks for the PDF! I saw paper models site. I'm still debating use of spoked wheels on this model as the originals were covered but it sure would look nice!!
Any ideas on printable roll-up machineguns or something similar?
PorschePylot is offline Find More Posts by PorschePylot
Last edited by PorschePylot; Jun 30, 2012 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Mispell
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2012, 05:21 AM
United States, OH, Westlake
Joined Mar 2002
4,531 Posts
This is all I have for a paper spandau. Fiddler's Green may have something better.
kdahlhaus is offline Find More Posts by kdahlhaus
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:18 PM
Isaiah 40:31
West Palm Beach, FL
Joined Jun 2000
691 Posts
Anything new?
rc capo is offline Find More Posts by rc capo
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:43 AM
Joined Jun 2012
12 Posts
Apologies for delays... my printer rolled over and died. The next step is to finish the top and side fairings which are printed lozenge. In the interim I'll begin cutting wing ribs. More to come...
PorschePylot is offline Find More Posts by PorschePylot
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:44 AM
4d FTW
United States, WI, Oshkosh
Joined Feb 2013
3 Posts
I cant wait... Do you have a estimated power to weight ratio?

LowkeyRC
LowkeyRC is offline Find More Posts by LowkeyRC
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:24 PM
Pollock Pines, CA
Joined Aug 2002
1,633 Posts
Nice work, PorschePylot.

I'm asking if you would give us the website where you got the printed lozenges?

Thank you,

Peace,
Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorschePylot View Post
I've built real planes, balsa planes, plastic planes, paper planes and a few foam ones so using a little from all is a first so hang in there for my tresting phases...

I printed some tissue for the fuselage but found It didn't quite look right with foam in this particular case so I went back to plain paper. I also found the coloring as downloaded from the web was bit bright. I recall reading something 20 odd years ago about light and models etc so in a nutshell I darkened the print about 25%. Have the turtle deck done and experimenting witrh side fairings. I'm pleased with the test results so moving on.

Anyone with me on this? feel free to chime in... this bird might not not be the most popular me thinks...
Dmerino is offline Find More Posts by Dmerino