Closed Thread
Old Jun 16, 2012, 06:49 PM
Bacon
United States, TX, Humble
Joined Mar 2011
180 Posts
Help!
Blade 450 Wobble

I picked up a brand new Blade 450 that crashed on the first take off. When I got it, it had new blades. When it spun up, it wobbled. I took the head apart and found a bent feathering shaft, bent main shaft and a couple teeth missing on the main gear. I replaced all of these items as well as the thrust bearings on the feathering shaft. Now it spins up with much less wobble, but still wobbles a little. Also, the main gear and tail gear don't spin flat, the wobble up and down as the head spins.

I'm assuming that I need to replace the One-Way bearing hub and shaft but before I spend too much more on parts, I wanted to see if there's anything else I should try.

Thanks!
super_dork is offline Find More Posts by super_dork
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2012, 06:45 PM
Bacon
United States, TX, Humble
Joined Mar 2011
180 Posts
Well, I haven't gotten any feedback on this, but here's an update. I installed new one-way bearing and shaft but it still doesn't rotate level. Even if i just take the gears and spin them directly on the shaft outside of the heli, there appears to be some wobble to them. On top of that, when I spin up, I still get some head wobble and have to give it left stick when spinning up.
super_dork is offline Find More Posts by super_dork
Closed Thread