HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2012, 04:47 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Trader Rating: 60
Discussion
Hey guys Need your opinion Am I crazy????

Hi guys, need your opinion, if someone says " I will buy your item at a certain price if you agree to ship out of country" and I agree to buyers terms, would that constitute a verbal agreement? Or Am I just being overly sensitive when the buyer backs out of deal, because after our agreement he finds a used item like my new one except it is local to his location? I am posting this for some opinions not to trash anyone which is why no names or locations other than mine are mentioned. It's just that I am getting kind of sick and tired of the Bulls%$# artist that seem to be trolling these forums lately. I have been a member here for a long time and I have never been scammed and I have done deals with lot of great people, it just seems that the crazies are multiplying over the last few months, Please give me your input.
Thanks in advance
Eric G.
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2012, 04:58 PM
-insert witty saying here-
United States, CT, Killingworth
Joined Dec 2005
1,750 Posts
Trader Rating: 230
Best thing you can do is just move on. It happens every day, no need to even waste another moment stewing over it.
Hemikiller is online now Find More Posts by Hemikiller
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 16, 2012, 05:06 PM
Planes, Guitars and Cigars
Joined May 2002
3,171 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Assume everyone is a tire kicker until payment is sent. If another buyer arrises who is willing to pay now while the first in line is still stuck in limbo - sell. This is just the nature of internet sales.
Steve_A_Reno is offline Find More Posts by Steve_A_Reno
Old Jun 16, 2012, 05:08 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,555 Posts
Trader Rating: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Giorgiantonio View Post
It's just that I am getting kind of sick and tired of the Bulls%$# artist that seem to be trolling these forums lately. I have been a member here for a long time and I have never been scammed and I have done deals with lot of great people, it just seems that the crazies are multiplying over the last few months,
Eric G.
You said it all in this paragraph your self bro
Dad_Roman is online now Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Jun 16, 2012, 05:18 PM
FICKLE FLYER
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Joined Dec 2002
1,221 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Remember, that due to the type of RTF, RTR, etc stuff available, there are a lot more "transients" in the hobby who come it to get what they can, and just move on to something else. They are not interested in learning, or participating in the courtesies, or commonly accepted practices, that those of us who are "hobbyists" expect.
It's also the upbringing of a lot of people these days.
tlh101 is offline Find More Posts by tlh101
Old Jun 16, 2012, 05:33 PM
List too Big for a Bucket!
USA, NJ, Stewartsville
Joined Jul 2010
414 Posts
Trader Rating: 50
You probably avoided a problem.
ww2collector is offline Find More Posts by ww2collector
Old Jun 16, 2012, 05:52 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,903 Posts
Trader Rating: 82
My take is simple. Until I ship it they can change their mind. If they do change mind and paid me, I send money back. If I ship and they change mind and return it (at their cost of course) I give money back. Bottom line, this is a hobby and it really doesn't matter as long as we both are happy and having fun.

And that is the bottom line so him changing his mind is ... well no issue in my book.
johnbyrne is online now Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Old Jun 16, 2012, 06:59 PM
I'm New
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2012
714 Posts
Trader Rating: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_A_Reno View Post
Assume everyone is a tire kicker until payment is sent. If another buyer arrises who is willing to pay now while the first in line is still stuck in limbo - sell. This is just the nature of internet sales.
True, it's up to the seller's descretion as to who he will sell it to.

But, there are some buyers that will disagree since, they've sent the seller a PM saying they want it, but is still thinking. Know what I mean? first PM doesnt mean first to get that item.
unfaix is online now Find More Posts by unfaix
Old Jun 16, 2012, 07:03 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,242 Posts
Trader Rating: 59
I don't sell anything because my life depends on it,or my liveliehood.
I've advertised things that nobody wanted,and I've sold things they DID want.
I come into items frequently,from estates,that I just want to put in modeler's hands.
Recently,an out of country buyer insisted that I ship something,and just from his attitude,I refused....then I got a couple of PM's recommending that I NOT sell to him,because of a harsh reputation.

Strangely,one of the PM's requested the item locally....
I don't believe this person was the last one interested in your item.I'd just repost as CONUS only.
Don't lose any sleep over this....you've probably won without realizing it yet.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back to square one !
Old Jun 16, 2012, 07:18 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,474 Posts
Trader Rating: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ww2collector View Post
You probably avoided a problem.
+1

Life is too short for the small stuff. When I have money it is sold. Many get cold feet.

Mike
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 16, 2012, 07:57 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Trader Rating: 60
Am I Crazy?

Hey Guys, appreciate the input, you all have valid points, and some times I guess I just need a different perspective. The fact of the matter is I should have known
as I have going back and forth with this guy for a while, but I still like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Oh well I will take your advice and try to not to let stuff like this guy pulled bother me.
Thanks for the input

Regards.
Eric G.
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:11 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,872 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
A deal isn't a deal until the money exchanges hands. For example, you should be polite if someone asks you to hold something for them for a day because they need to transfer funds to paypal and not sell it out from under them but it's not a "deal" that you have to sell it to them after 24 hours expire and you are not paid yet. A second email to them asking to be paid and if not you will move on to the next buyer and if no reply simply .....move on !
flyinwalenda is online now Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:24 PM
USA
Joined Feb 2002
1,231 Posts
Trader Rating: 77
Yes, your crazy for losing any time in your life over "fell through" verbal agreement of toy goods.
topforce is offline Find More Posts by topforce
Old Jun 17, 2012, 08:28 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,466 Posts
Trader Rating: 174
Just Pick your Battles wisely...Billy
FlyBillyFly is online now Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Jun 17, 2012, 11:01 AM
United States, NH, Suncook
Joined Oct 2010
434 Posts