Old Jun 16, 2012, 03:59 PM
Norway, Aust-Agder, Grimstad
Joined Mar 2012
7 Posts
Question
Walkera V120D02S with a broken gyro???

Walkera V120D02S with Devo 8S

Do I have a broken gyro?

I have Walkera V120D02S and had a crash where I have to exchange the ball link to one of the main blades. After replacing the ball link and checked blade tracking, I try to hover, it spins slow around and goes to one side and crash again.

I disconnect the motor from the ESC and power on transmitter (DEVO8S) and heli. When adding no throttle at all the swash plate is parallel with the main axis to the heli. I may tilt the heli around and the swash plate stays parallel. When adding throttle and tilt the heli, the swash tilts to one side, and stays there. Swash does not come back to normal, I have to take the throttle back to 0 before the swash comes back to normal.

Does this indicate I have a broken gyro?

Walkera Devo 8S
V120D02S with Receiver RX2622V-D

Thanks for any replay.

wiigk
wiigk is offline Find More Posts by wiigk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2012, 09:45 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
your gyro is probably ok, swash stays tilted until heli levels. if the spin is ccw then you may have stripped one of the tail gears. check by rotating the tail rotor by hand and the main should turn with it for at least one full rotation. you may also want to install the slipper clutch if you haven't already.
thread for slipper clutch:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1577528
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Old Jun 17, 2012, 12:31 AM
mutski
United States, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,185 Posts
If you find the tail gears are OK, check the servos. Turn on the helicopter and tx, move the collective and see if both pitch and aileron servos move appropriately when you move the cyclic control side-to-side. The pitch and aileron servos should move up and the elevator servo down when you push the cyclic back. If one doesn't function as expected, check to see if you stripped the servo gears - the servo arm will feel loose if you disconnect the linkage from the servo. Also, make sure the canopy is clear of the servo arm and linkages. Conflict with the canopy has caused trouble on my Genius.
mutski is offline Find More Posts by mutski
Old Jun 17, 2012, 04:55 AM
Joined Mar 2012
7 Posts
The heli spins CW, but the main rotor does not spin at all when I turn the tail rotor. It is quite little resistans when turning the tail rotor. Tail gear at the main shaft may be stripped.
Thanks for the slipper clutch thread. I will check it out.
The servos seems to work fine, and the canopy is clear of the servo arms.
Thanks for the replys.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 04:59 AM
United States, CT
Joined Apr 2012
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigk View Post
Walkera V120D02S with Devo 8S

Do I have a broken gyro?

I have Walkera V120D02S and had a crash where I have to exchange the ball link to one of the main blades. After replacing the ball link and checked blade tracking, I try to hover, it spins slow around and goes to one side and crash again.

I disconnect the motor from the ESC and power on transmitter (DEVO8S) and heli. When adding no throttle at all the swash plate is parallel with the main axis to the heli. I may tilt the heli around and the swash plate stays parallel. When adding throttle and tilt the heli, the swash tilts to one side, and stays there. Swash does not come back to normal, I have to take the throttle back to 0 before the swash comes back to normal.

Does this indicate I have a broken gyro?

Walkera Devo 8S
V120D02S with Receiver RX2622V-D

Thanks for any replay.

wiigk
I don't think so. My Super FP did the same thing and I was told it was normal behavior for an FBL heli.
Sudsak is offline Find More Posts by Sudsak
Old Jun 17, 2012, 04:47 PM
Joined Mar 2012
7 Posts
The gear has now been checked, the tailrod was sliding in the tail gear.
But the same ting is happening, when spooling up, the heli is spinning CW and the rotordisc (and also swash plate) is tilting to one side, and then the heli starts to tilt and main blades hits the ground.
Before my crash, when spooling up, the heli spin about 45 degrees before it hold steady and I was able to hover quite ok.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 07:53 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
you may need to slide your tail servo back on the boom a little to eliminate the cw yaw. is your tail servo arm close to 90 deg. from the boom when you bind? it is recommended to set up your tail in rate mode to hold in a hover as good as possible.
as far as the swash tilt are you binding the copter while level, some prefer to plug in heli first then transmitter if the other way is not working. are all three cyclic servos centering when radio binds?
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Old Jun 18, 2012, 03:45 AM
Joined Mar 2012
7 Posts
The tail servo arm is 90 deg when binding, I will proceed on the cw yaw issue when the swash tilt is fixed. (But thank you for the idea to check out).
When binding the heli all three cyclic servos are centering. If I change pitch on the radio, all servos react the same. As mutski is mention, if one of my servoes is stripped, should it worked at all? May it center when binding but not have the force to hold when spooling up? If so, do I have to change all three cyclic servos at once?
Thanks for all good ideas. I will be away for the next 10 days now. But if anyone have some good ideas, please post.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 03:46 PM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Was this issue solved? I am finding a very similar issue after installing a new rx2622v.
dheerajjuneja is offline Find More Posts by dheerajjuneja
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:03 AM
Joined Mar 2012
7 Posts
Not solved. I have installed a new RX and now I also have the slipper clutch installed. After crashing some times, it looks stable at take off but when reducing throttle it starts to spin and then I crash again. Now I am missing a tooth at the main gear :-(
I guess I have to have some heli competent person to look at it when I have got some new parts.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:49 PM
Joined Jul 2012
129 Posts
Wiigk, even a new rx didn't solved that issue?
dheerajjuneja is offline Find More Posts by dheerajjuneja
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:51 PM
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
Post a video of what it's doing......or not doing. Sounds to me like you have issues with the tail. Normally if it spins around either your tail gyro is flipped into rate mode on the TX, or you have a stripped tail gear, or A gear, or the tail servo is bad. It's one of those things. A video showing your lift off may help to figure it out.

Travis
Travis MCH is offline Find More Posts by Travis MCH
Old Sep 10, 2012, 07:22 PM
United States, CA, Chowchilla
Joined Aug 2009
962 Posts
It has nothing to do with the rx Just replace all your tail gears and it will be all good
helikido is offline Find More Posts by helikido
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:19 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,315 Posts
It could also be that your tail is not setup properly. If it spins consistently in one direction, try adjusting the rudder push rod to counter it.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:47 AM
Joined Mar 2012
7 Posts
I have been adjusting the tailservo back and forward 1 and 2mm to se what it might do, but I am in a learning process and cannot tell what is wrong with the heli by having it in the air for only 2 seconds at time. I will give a close look at tail and gear and se what comes out of it.
Thanks for all the inputs.