HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 21, 2012, 09:10 PM
Enjoy Life B4U Die!
United States, GA, Powder Springs
Joined Dec 1999
4,270 Posts
My first airplane from NitroPlanes will be delivered tomorrow (22-Jun-2012).

All the items I've ordered from HobbyPartz have performed very well and were better than I expected. I'm very happy so far with HobbyPartz, which I believe is the same company as NitroPlanes.
Buzz_Man is online now Find More Posts by Buzz_Man
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2012, 01:33 AM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,564 Posts
awesome service to me from NP !!! they quit carrying the AirField/FMS plane stuff, so i haven't ordered from them in a couple months

they have a "Facebook" page.. so if you have a problem, get on the page and start asking them questions !!! they no doudt will answer your questions, rather than take a beating there !!!
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Last edited by KCinNC; Jun 22, 2012 at 01:39 AM.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:21 PM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Sep 2009
109 Posts
There better now then they used to be.
2.4ghz is offline Find More Posts by 2.4ghz
Last edited by 2.4ghz; Jul 09, 2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 08:24 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined May 2012
52 Posts
@2.4ghz

What is the order number for the un-shipped T-6 cowl case you are referring to? If you don't have that info, PM me your zip code, name, and any other relevant information and I will look into it for you.
Nitro_Gary is offline Find More Posts by Nitro_Gary
Old Jul 14, 2012, 08:14 PM
Detroit 2-stroke junkie
USA, CA, Oceanside
Joined Jul 2008
3,418 Posts
Got the 60 size Extra500 from them.

Inspection after unboxing revealed a broken bulkhead in the tail.

Will fix on my own and add little more epoxy everywhere I can just to be safe.

Also had a Bobcat and it was definitely a builders ARF.
Hate to think of someone who really doesn't know what their doing trying to put that together.

Never had a hardware issue with their planes as I never use it.
DuBro for me
1320fastback is online now Find More Posts by 1320fastback
Old Jul 21, 2012, 01:26 PM
Electric Flyer
Connecticut, USA
Joined Oct 2003
437 Posts
Honestly, I've purchased from just about everybody in my 50 years of flying but since going to NitroPlanes I don't buy from anyone else. The closeup photos and flying videos of the planes you want to buy are awesome.

The planes are superb quality, the pricing is fair, the shipping is fast, tracking numbers are always available, and I wish they would move next door to me.

This is my honest opinion.

Dick

Edit... well, not exactly right next door. The wife would divorce me.
rms59 is online now Find More Posts by rms59
Old Jul 24, 2012, 07:34 PM
Joined Dec 2010
190 Posts
I have ordered probably over $1,000 of planes from Nitroplanes and I am very happy with their service. Once they shipped the wrong props but fixed that in a hurry and a second time there was a missing piece and a damaged fuselage but via their online email system I had resolution and received the missing part and a replacement fuselage within a week.

I like them and will continue to shop there.
FoamieFlier is offline Find More Posts by FoamieFlier
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:35 PM
Help me pick up the pieces
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2011
120 Posts
Ive ordered 3 planes from them. All 3 have had some issue. The first a t28 was missing parts but nothing major i picked them up at my lhs. Sent email but no response. My 2nd was the peaks, the motor came tumbling out while flying because there was no glue holding the backplate on. Also the esc went bad on 3rd flight. My latest was the new fw190 that i havent been able to maiden because the esc is defective. I like the foam, the prices, the variety and i dont mind replacing parts/servos with time but this is getting tiresome.
crockett828 is online now Find More Posts by crockett828
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:00 AM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Sep 2009
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett828 View Post
Ive ordered 3 planes from them. All 3 have had some issue. The first a t28 was missing parts but nothing major i picked them up at my lhs. Sent email but no response. My 2nd was the peaks, the motor came tumbling out while flying because there was no glue holding the backplate on. Also the esc went bad on 3rd flight. My latest was the new fw190 that i havent been able to maiden because the esc is defective. I like the foam, the prices, the variety and i dont mind replacing parts/servos with time but this is getting tiresome.
I here that, if you like looking at pictures go to nitro planes they got lots of pictures and NO STOCK, the site is impressive to look at but there is never any stock, try and find a P-51 the most popular war bird in its class they have 15 of them and not a one in stock and its been like that for months, everything that is cool is gone and has been for awhile, The cessna 310 has been out of stock for 11 months + but they still have it on the site. I know hobbypartz is part of nitroplanes and a few others and i have never had any issues with hobbyparts all good.
2.4ghz is offline Find More Posts by 2.4ghz
Old Jul 27, 2012, 01:49 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined May 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett828 View Post
Hello crockett828,

Sorry for all the trouble you've been through. I'll try to help you out with some that you haven't already resolved yourself. In regards to the peaks motor coming out, all dynam planes do not have props balanced from the factory. We found out that if the props are not balanced, the vibration can cause the motor to basically be ripped out of the body. We're adding a warning to the site addressing this. I apologize for the inconvenience.

In regards to your fw190, please PM me your order number and/or name and zip code and I'll see what I can do to help you out.
Nitro_Gary is offline Find More Posts by Nitro_Gary
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:25 PM
Threadliest Catch
United States, MO, St. Robert
Joined Jun 2012
51 Posts
I am glad you posted that...I need to balance my prop then cause I noticed it was vibrating pretty bad.
Sooby22 is offline Find More Posts by Sooby22
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:26 PM
Threadliest Catch
Joined Jun 2012
51 Posts
All of the products that I have ordered from Nitroplanes and other affiliated sites have been fantastic. Especially the Dynam products. I have videos of builds and flying of some of the products offered at Nitroplanes on my YT channel:

www.youtube.com/soobywade
Old Aug 03, 2012, 02:43 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
252 Posts
Hi,

I just ordered from NitroPlanes for the first time. Im from canada, and the shipping was not that bad at all, for a big box like that 37$ . I ordered the Dynam Peaks, arrived in not even 2 weeks. I did not assemble the plane, but took the parts out of the box and i gotta say its well packed. Nothing broken or loose. I will update my post when ill build the plane.

UPDATE : Builded the Peaks, and i have to say : WOW!!! what an easy build. Everything was easy to assemble.
I maiden the Peaks the other day, with a 4S 2200 mAh lipo. Plug-in, check CG (was perf), and, gun her up to the sky. she goes verticaly no Prob at all. Couple of clicks on elevator, and 1 click for ailerons. She is flying straight and true. After the first battery (about 6 minutes, very soft flying, had some mAh left...) i landed her. Very slow landing. Successfull maiden. Put my second 2200 4S in her, then wanted to make her do more acrobatic stunts... The second fly was even better... Was able to hover a little bit, knifeEdge.... after a 6min fly, no more throttle, since i emptyed the pack doing more stunts... flew her in and landing was a success.
Flew her the next 2 days in a row, both battery again, and wow... Its my favorite plane FOR SURE!!!
Ill film soon, since i got a new cellphone that does 1080p recording, so. ill update again with a video.
Thank you NitroPlanes!!!! Btw, i got the deal when the White version was at 99$... so for 137$, got a complete setup minus TX/RX and batts... What can you ask more? hehheheh

I like NitroPlane, and i introduced one of my friend to flying RC and he ordered a RTF Cub, and he is very pleased with the plane. Again, fast shipping to canada to him, and arrived without any issue. I still need to verify his bird before Maiden.

UPDATE : We maiden (well I did ) and flew very nicely... I dont like the way the linkage for the ailerons are setup... very hard to control the throw and make the ailerons straight.... anyway, good plane for the money, but thats pretty much it...

Nothing to say bad about nitroplanes.com. Great site, great price. Thank you NitroPlanes.

Greetings from Canada

Quick question : Is there any Thread for the Build of the Dynam Peaks 42" here on RCgroups?
UPDATE : Thanks you Sooby22. Awsome video
XstarWake is offline Find More Posts by XstarWake
Last edited by XstarWake; Aug 24, 2012 at 11:29 AM. Reason: asked a quick question :)
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:33 PM
Threadliest Catch
Joined Jun 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XstarWake View Post
Hi,

I just ordered from NitroPlanes for the first time. Im from canada, and the shipping was not that bad at all, for a big box like that 37$ . I ordered the Dynam Peaks, arrived in not even 2 weeks. I did not assemble the plane, but took the parts out of the box and i gotta say its well packed. Nothing broken or loose. I will update my post when ill build the plane.

I like NitroPlane, and i introduced one of my friend to flying RC and he ordered a RTF Cub, and he is very pleased with the plane. Again, fast shipping to canada to him, and arrived without any issue. I still need to verify his bird before Maiden.

Nothing to say bad about nitroplanes.com. Great site, great price. Thank you NitroPlanes.

Greetings from Canada

Quick question : Is there any Thread for the Build of the Dynam Peaks 42" here on RCgroups?
I have a build video for the peaks on my channel...

www.youtube.com/soobywade

comment on the video page and let me know what you think
Old Aug 04, 2012, 04:01 AM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
215 Posts
Great build video Sooby22

I just ordered mine tonight from Canada.... great price.... cant wait to get it....
hummm... i wonder how long it will take to get to British Columbia.....
1111Mavrick is offline Find More Posts by 1111Mavrick