HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by iannybeany, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 10:35 PM
Australia, NSW, Alstonville
Joined Jan 2012
17 Posts
Discussion
Revival of preloved Glider.

Some 40 years ago a very good friend Wayne Hadkins gave me a glider that I have flown only several times that we launched using a catapult made from surgical tube as shock cord was harder to find and more expensive. I launched this glider some weeks ago using the same catapult and found much to my surprise that the wing tips folded into and touched each other resulting in the plane falling out of the sky in a spin and crashing tail first. The tail was quickly repaired but replacing the broken brass tubing and refitting the spring steel wing rods took a little longer but with the magic builders bog you wouldn't think it had broken.
Today with an electric motor fitted to the once sleek balsa nose it will again roam the skies taking in the views of our beautiful countryside...I hope to have a camera there to record the launch and if Matt turns up with his mounted camera plane we might get a few arial shots of her flying as well.

I have the youtube "Test Flying Ian's EP glider build" not sure if this will link you but i will try it
Test Flying Ian's EP glider build (6 min 52 sec)

you can search using the Test flying bit in Youtube and comes up. We have a great flying field. Not officially a flying field but it works.
iannybeany is offline Find More Posts by iannybeany
Last edited by iannybeany; Jul 21, 2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: more information
to remove ads between posts