HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 15, 2012, 03:47 PM
United States, AK, McKinley Park
Joined Dec 2010
190 Posts
Discussion
Long Range System, Which one?!

We are fortunate to have so many choices on the market, but as a prospective buyer it is a bit overwhelming to choose which to buy.

I like the price tag of the FrSky V8 and realize that it may not have the range of the more expensive options such as Chainlink, Immersion RC EZUHF, or Rmilec UHF. I suspect up to 10 km really does meet my needs, but what if I want to go further or higher? Is it worth investing now in a more expensive option? What are people's experience with FrSky LRS?

Also I'd really prefer as close to plug and play as I can get for a Flysky THX-9X (not the CT6B you see in the video below).

Any recommendations or suggestions are appreciated. I'm sure that I'm not the only one out there wondering about this.

For reference I'm using 1.3 Ghz for FPV. My serious FPV platform is a quadcopter with the latest multiwii board (PARIS Sirius CPU IMU v4 r5 - i2c) which is in the works, I also like to fly LOS and FPV on some various homebuilt fixed wings. I fly in very rural areas like my backyard:
Flightseeing Fall Colors in Alaska by Radio Control Plane (3 min 32 sec)

and sometimes urban areas like Anchorage, AK:
Skiing High Above Anchorage (3 min 57 sec)
MtnSnowFlyer is offline Find More Posts by MtnSnowFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2012, 05:36 PM
I Like Popcorn
UK, Greater London, London
Joined Oct 2009
2,024 Posts
DragonLink which is not on your list above, has had bad press for availability in the past but its a great system and people have used it well over 10k out.
Just another great product from DragonLabs but if you already own EZ or other (OSD etc) it might be worth staying with the same brand.
http://www.dragonlinkstore.com/v2/ more info here and a huge thread on this forum.

Hope that helps.
flylite is offline Find More Posts by flylite
Old Jun 16, 2012, 05:13 AM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
Rangelink !!
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv