HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 15, 2012, 03:08 PM
1981 Z28 "The Wife"
Bainbridge, GA
Joined Feb 2002
137 Posts
Help!
Trex 250 5 blade rotor head

I posted this in the classifieds as a wanted item. Plenty of page views but no offers of one, so I'm going to post here. I'm looking for a 5 bladed rotor head for a Trex 250. New or used I don't care. If anyone has one, knows someone who has one, knows someone who can make me one, or has a link to a vendor who actually has one in stock, I would be very grateful. I'm currently building a Heliartist MD500 for an HK450 ( I have the 5 blade head for her) and just got a good deal on a Trex 250. Since I already have a pod and boom 250 I bought an MD500 fuse for the new 250. I love the scale look of the 5 blade helis and I've seen some 5 bladed 250s and they are way cool to me so, again, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Lee
leereyn is offline Find More Posts by leereyn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:13 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leereyn View Post
I posted this in the classifieds as a wanted item. Plenty of page views but no offers of one, so I'm going to post here. I'm looking for a 5 bladed rotor head for a Trex 250. New or used I don't care. If anyone has one, knows someone who has one, knows someone who can make me one, or has a link to a vendor who actually has one in stock, I would be very grateful. I'm currently building a Heliartist MD500 for an HK450 ( I have the 5 blade head for her) and just got a good deal on a Trex 250. Since I already have a pod and boom 250 I bought an MD500 fuse for the new 250. I love the scale look of the 5 blade helis and I've seen some 5 bladed 250s and they are way cool to me so, again, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Lee
You might look into if the Walkera Airwolf model rotor head will fit the 250's shaft or if there might be a way to make it work. Otherwise i don't know of any other 5 blade 200-250 size helicopers myself.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Jun 21, 2012, 04:02 PM
Joined Jul 2004
1 Posts
Gaui make a 5 blade head,smaller diam mainshaft,but change bearings in main shaft holders.Search u tube Hughes 500.
Picbillwatson04
PICBILLWATSON04 is offline Find More Posts by PICBILLWATSON04
Last edited by PICBILLWATSON04; Jun 21, 2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Cant spell
Old Jul 07, 2012, 06:53 PM
1981 Z28 "The Wife"
Bainbridge, GA
Joined Feb 2002
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PICBILLWATSON04 View Post
Gaui make a 5 blade head,smaller diam mainshaft,but change bearings in main shaft holders.Search u tube Hughes 500.
Picbillwatson04
Thanks for the replies guys. I also can't find anyone who has a Gaui 5 blade head in stock. The Airwolf 5 blade head mentioned in the above post looks like it could work, but guess what?.....no one sells a complete head for them either. Oh well......the search continues.
leereyn is offline Find More Posts by leereyn
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:56 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leereyn View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. I also can't find anyone who has a Gaui 5 blade head in stock. The Airwolf 5 blade head mentioned in the above post looks like it could work, but guess what?.....no one sells a complete head for them either. Oh well......the search continues.
You could always just buy the parts and assemble the rotor head yourself. Is it a problem to do that?

I just priced it out, i can order the parts for about $80. It's a bit expensive, but possible.

http://www.wowhobbies.com/walkera-ai...sd5-parts.aspx

I would honestly start with the shaft, just to see if it will fit with your helicopter. If you can make it fit, the next thing would be checking that the swashplate's antirotation arm has a stabilizer to hold it in the right place on your heli. You should be able to look at some pictures and see if it will match up. if you can stabilize the swash and the shaft will fit your gears and you can lock the shaft down with a locking collar correctly you can proceed to building the rotor head. Otherwise why spend all the money up front? You will also need a flybarless receiver too for this deal to work.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Jul 07, 2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old Mar 02, 2014, 05:04 AM
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
find this http://www.aliexpress.com/store/grou...253594188.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
You could always just buy the parts and assemble the rotor head yourself. Is it a problem to do that?

I just priced it out, i can order the parts for about $80. It's a bit expensive, but possible.

http://www.wowhobbies.com/walkera-ai...sd5-parts.aspx

I would honestly start with the shaft, just to see if it will fit with your helicopter. If you can make it fit, the next thing would be checking that the swashplate's antirotation arm has a stabilizer to hold it in the right place on your heli. You should be able to look at some pictures and see if it will match up. if you can stabilize the swash and the shaft will fit your gears and you can lock the shaft down with a locking collar correctly you can proceed to building the rotor head. Otherwise why spend all the money up front? You will also need a flybarless receiver too for this deal to work.
Gustavo Moest is offline Find More Posts by Gustavo Moest