HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 15, 2012, 02:11 AM
Ireland, Dublin, Howth
Joined Nov 2008
81 Posts
Discussion
changing mode on a Futaba T6J to sheet on left ?

Hi, do any of you know if it is possible to change the mode on a Futaba T6J ? One tx I am looking to buy has the "throttle" on the right but I am used to sheet in-out with my left hand. Is it possible to change that mode or is it set by the manufacturer ?

Cheers,
Gilbert
glouis is offline Find More Posts by glouis
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:55 PM
Neptune, New Jersey
Joined Nov 2010
29 Posts
Just plug your rudder servo into the 3rd channel on your receiver. That will make the steering on the left stick.
skipper67 is online now Find More Posts by skipper67
Old Jun 17, 2012, 10:37 AM
Joined May 2007
26 Posts
If I am not wrong the set up you have now is called Mode 1 with throttle on the right .
What I have done to change mine to mode 2 is by opening the back of the cover and remove the spring from the left side and put it back on the right side. This way the rudder will still have the spring actions( return to neural position after you push it once) and while the left stick is just sliding up and down.( becarefull which spring to remove_, you need to remove the spring that dictates the up and down motion of the stick ( for sheets pull in and out ) not the other one which control the horizontal motion one.
You will see a piece of ratchet at the right side now above the stick drum .
Just put it on the left side so it will do the same as before on the right side before).
If there is no Futaba ratchet there already. Yo can make one or buy it from Tower Hobby.
Good luck.. I do the same for all my Hitec Radio transmitter.
chilisoling50 is offline Find More Posts by chilisoling50